• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Received email from Comm2a today!! Anyone from Lowell or know anyone in Lowell??

So a few days ago I emailed GOAL and Comm2a about H.4376. I wanted to know the process with the new law on getting restrictions removed from a Class A LTC. I got a email from GOAL from someone saying they want to have a meeting with the city and the chief on this. Today I got a email from Comm2a and they said we could always "fight it" and with the new law "H.4376" it just has our case heard in the courts.

Then a few minutes later Comm2a emailed me again with this link and i figured i should spread the word and hopefully we can get enough people to email them and we can start something in the new year.

http://goal.org/lowell-restrictions-challenge.html

Let's just be clear about a few things.

Lowell is one of the worst cities in Massachusetts when it comes to issuing restricted firearms licenses. For all of the good things we picked up in H.4376, it didn't do anything to advance one's right-to-carry in cities like Lowell.

GOAL is taking the proverbial bull (Lowell) by the horns and leading an effort to get their policy changed through the democratic process. Public outrage by large numbers of gun owners is what caused DeLeo's bill to morph into H.4376 and it's this kind of public participation that can hopefully change policy in town's like Lowell. If you live in Lowell you need to let your voice be heard.

There's a time and place to get what we want by working the system with elected and appointed public officials and there's a time when we have to resort to the courts. This is a time for the former.

In order to be allowed to carry as a Lowell resident, you must be:

1. A Law Enforcement Officer, or ...
  2. A business owner who carries a large amount of cash, or ...
  3. The victim of a violent crime.

In order to be allowed to carry as a Lowell resident, you must be:

1. special, or ...
  2. special (but don't use your EDC to protect "property"), or ...
  3. the horse already left the barn.

nice.

A female friend of mine was unable to renew her LTC in Lowell. She asked, "so I have to be raped before I'm able to defend myself?!?" "Yes." She moved to NC with her husband and they lived happily ever after.

There's a time and place to get what we want by working the system with elected and appointed public officials and there's a time when we have to resort to the courts. This is a time for the former.
To those who say it can't be done - remember the town of Carver and chief Skoog (sp?)

Lowell is one of the worst cities in Massachusetts when it comes to issuing restricted firearms licenses. For all of the good things we picked up in H.4376, it didn't do anything to advance one's right-to-carry in cities like Lowell.

GOAL is taking the proverbial bull (Lowell) by the horns and leading an effort to get their policy changed through the democratic process. Public outrage by large numbers of gun owners is what caused DeLeo's bill to morph into H.4376 and it's this kind of public participation that can hopefully change policy in town's like Lowell. If you live in Lowell you need to let your voice be heard.

What about Brookline? By the numbers it is the most restrictive in the state. Based on the numbers from Comm2A, I think something like 75% of all licenses are restricted, there are even restricted LTC-B here.

That's one of the reasons why I happily support COMM2A. Going to court is expensive, and the results are uncertain. If we can achieve the results we want without a court case, excellent! It leaves more energy and money free for those times when the court battle is necessary.

I need a bumper sticker that says "I [HEART] COMM2A." [smile]

I am under the impression that business owners in Lowell get all lawful purpose licenses issued to them because they pay additional taxes or fees to the city for having their business there. Does anyone think that this is a possibility.

I have since moved out of Lowell but unfortunately I am still hamstrung by their unfair practices.

Last edited:
Well at least Lowell is very safe.

I'm sure their restrictive anti-freedom policies are the reason why nobody ever gets hurt in Lowell.

I am under the impression that business owners in Lowell get all lawful purpose licenses issued to them because they pay additional taxes or fees to the city for having their business there. Does anyone think that this is a possibility.
You're wrong, a friend of mine owns his own business and he has a restricted in Lowell. And he's lived there over 50 years, I told him to move out!

I am in Lowell. With the blessing of GOAL and with one of it's board members we are working to organize the the gun owners of Lowell. It has been slow so far. But the work continues. Letters have been sent. Flyer's have been left in stores. We are growing, bit by bit. People have tried to reason the police. But they are impervious to reason or facts not of Edward F Davis's manufacture. He was the chief of police that enacted the insane rules for LTC's that the people of Lowell suffer under today. The one fact that makes sick to my sole in this whole thing is the police have no duty to protect us from third party harm. But they bar us with a righteous zeal from protecting ourselves. Make no mistake these rules are not for your safety. They are for the safety of the police. I am including an old document from the 80's that describes the attitude of the Lowell police as “An occupying army” that is always surrounded by the enemy. I believe that mind set has never left them. They have modernized many of the procedures they use. They attend more public meetings. But I belove there basic attitude has not changed. To them any one with a gun is a criminal. To them there are no law abiding gun owners. We the not police. We not the crime victims. We not the business owners. We the unprotected second class of Lowell. We have no reason or right in there opinion, there UN-elected Civil servant opinion to protect ourself.

Join me. Send me a PM

The file was to big to upload send me a pm and I will send it to you.

Last edited:
I work right on the methuen/Lowell Line. if these meetings are after 3:00PM, bet your ass Ill be there to support. I hate those people... if anyone remembers my story about the licensing officer you will know why!

He is right we need you. Join us. Stand with us.

- - - Updated - - -

If only the hole city could move. I know I want to but I can not. So I take a stand.

- - - Updated - - -

Well at least Lowell is very safe.

I'm sure their restrictive anti-freedom policies are the reason why nobody ever gets hurt in Lowell.

In the E-mail from Goal there was a 7% rise in the crime rate listed.

So a few days ago I emailed GOAL and Comm2a about H.4376. I wanted to know the process with the new law on getting restrictions removed from a Class A LTC. I got a email from GOAL from someone saying they want to have a meeting with the city and the chief on this. Today I got a email from Comm2a and they said we could always "fight it" and with the new law "H.4376" it just has our case heard in the courts.

Then a few minutes later Comm2a emailed me again with this link and i figured i should spread the word and hopefully we can get enough people to email them and we can start something in the new year.

Send this to every one you know. Any one with restrictions on there class A LTC that lives in lowell.

Keep donating and using amazon.com link. If we are gonna get bent over might as well make them pay to do it. Besides every dollar they spend in court is less money for ebt. Look at gay marriage that is a lawsuit driven initiative. We are in the same boat. Too many good feelin and for the children efforts are out there for rationale decisions to take place. Lowell is a perfect example-have to get attacked first. How about law enforcement will only get issued a firearm after they get shot at? Two standards but constitution guarantees equal treatment under the law.politics and law are two different animals.

Comm 2a is the way to go.

I am in Lowell. With the blessing of GOAL and with one of it's board members we are working to organize the the gun owners of Lowell. It has been slow so far.

I can imagine. I would think many gun owners whom hold this issue important would just leave the city. It's one of the reasons I took my tax dollars, intellect, and skills and left New Bedford. If they want the unarmed leeches to be the primary residents of the city - then let them have their progressive utopia. 6+ months just to get an appointment to renew - 6 months waiting on the license. Yea - F that.
I got an appointment same day in Fairhaven and had my license in 45 days. All lawful - no No BS. Oh what a difference crossing the river can make.

Last edited:
Maybe the OP should edit the title of this thread. The word "Lowell" is not close enough to the beginning and doesn't show up in the listing (at least on my laptop).

I would not have known this thread has anything to do with Lowell if I had not opened it because it had "Comm2A" near the beginning of the title. I think you'll attract more people from Lowell if that word is clearly visible.

Maybe the OP should edit the title of this thread. The word "Lowell" is not close enough to the beginning and doesn't show up in the listing (at least on my laptop).

I would not have known this thread has anything to do with Lowell if I had not opened it because it had "Comm2A" near the beginning of the title. I think you'll attract more people from Lowell if that word is clearly visible.

This. I am not in Lowell but I opened the thread because it said Comm2A.

Have a look at http://comm2a.org/index.php/8-home/...&utm_campaign=Town+Licensing&utm_medium=email it shows how meany people were licenced in Lowell during 2012-2013. I bet there are more now. But this old information shows there are 776 Restricted LTC-A's are in Lowell. If we had 500 of these people, hell 200 of them. Imagine 200 people showing up at a city council meeting. it can happen. But you need to sign up and show up.

776 is the number of restricted LTCs issued just in 2012 & 2013. The actual total as of early this year was over 2,000 restricted LTCs.

And you're correct. Whether successful or not, a large turn out of restricted licensees is a very important way to make a statement. Look what happened on Beacon Hill this summer.

776 is the number of restricted LTCs issued just in 2012 & 2013. The actual total as of early this year was over 2,000 restricted LTCs.

And you're correct. Whether successful or not, a large turn out of restricted licensees is a very important way to make a statement. Look what happened on Beacon Hill this summer.

With over 2000 restricted LTCs in Lowell, one would [STRIKE=hope for]hope for[/STRIKE] EXPECT a good turnout. I'd expand that a bit, though. Even people with "Restrictions: None" who think the policy is stupid should support this effort.

(I know this may be obvious to some, including you, KD... just trying to cast a wider net, and thanks for the actual number info.)

Im sorry! on my phone and computer i can see everything...thanks for the advice on this.

- - - Updated - - -

This. I am not in Lowell but I opened the thread because it said Comm2A.

I was hoping that by putting "Comm2a" people would take a look and maybe spread the word to someone they would know.

I would like to say thank you to everyone who made a comment on this issue. Ive had my license for about 15 months and never questioned my restrictions until now. I will do everything i can do in my power to get my restrictions removed in Lowell. In the end if they don't remove my restrictions then i guess i will have to start to "open Carry" maybe they will re think these restrictions they put on people that shouldn't have restrictions.

Because if i remember correctly, in California within the past year a judge said the chief can only restrict one not both. (open carry or conceal carry)

Back
Top Bottom