• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Reason(s) for requesting your 2A rights:

So sitting here with my bowl of cereal, watching some goofy tv and filling out my LTC application. All went easily (got tired of writing No) until I got to:

Reason(s) for requesting the issuance of a card or license:

So... I know my knee jerk reaction is wrong. Since I'm not a constitutional lawyer, I probably shouldn't write about the 2nd amendment.

Is "All legal purposes" sufficient? Or should I expect a challenge and being required to provide exact use cases? To be honest I don't have much of a care for concealed carry, but I don't want to be restricted in any way, makes legal concerns much easier to figure out.

Also if it matters, Somerville, MA where someone recently got a first application LTC-A ALP without any extenuating circumstances per a PM.

I left that part blank, and asked about it when I took the interview. The licensing officer filled it in for me, I think he wrote "ALP".

Or maybe : All Regal Porpoises.
^ Good way to get denied right? Hahaha.

So the only thing I worry about is them not liking my lack of gun club.

Yeah I PM'ed #2195.
Told me the name of the officer that treated him decently. I just hope to get the same officer. I live about 4 blocks from the PD so I can pretty much go whenever.

'All lawful purposes' SHOULD be all that's necessary, in any jurisdiction.

That is all that I or my Wife have ever put down on a MA, NH or FL (not sure they ask) application. Sadly some PDs won't accept that . . . I suspect mine to be one of those, but since the Chief and Lt both know us personally they don't give us any grief about it.

So the answer will depend on the town PDs propensity for reading essays. [thinking] [rolleyes]

Yeah I PM'ed #2195.
Told me the name of the officer that treated him decently. I just hope to get the same officer. I live about 4 blocks from the PD so I can pretty much go whenever.

maybe make an appt. with that officer?

good luck!!

That's the plan, and thanks.

This is where I come back in four months with a document saying I'm unfit for pepper spray let alone anything else. :D

A couple of friends have taken the basic pistol class recently and they seem to have both been told to use new language other than the old "all lawful purposes". I want to say to was something like "no restrictions" but I may be getting that wrong. Maybe Scouter Rick will see this topic...

Hmmm, interesting. I can always hyphenate and add "No Restrictions".

I mean, I've been shooting for 20 years for crissakes, it just seems wrong to even be concerned about this.

Hmmm, interesting. I can always hyphenate and add "No Restrictions".

I mean, I've been shooting for 20 years for crissakes, it just seems wrong to even be concerned about this.

Don't take my post as sound advice. I'm not recalling exactly what those two people told me, so wait until you get a little more corroboration.

Don't take my post as sound advice. I'm not recalling exactly what those two people told me, so wait until you get a little more corroboration.

The license itself has changed from listing ALP to "Restrictions: None", but I would still put ALP on the application since the new license verbiage is not a reason.

I've read it, would the LEO really take kindly to points 5,6,and 8?

I thought those were kind of confrontational as well. In the letter (that I wound up ripping up, of course) I basically just said that I wanted to be a law abiding gun owner and that I wanted to avoid any legal trouble resulting from restrictions that were not clear. I did also give some reasons why I would need to carry outside of a sporting type situation, though.

How about: "To protect myself from the criminals you assclowns leave on the street after multiple felonies."? Naw, bad Idea, go with All lawful purposes.

Back
Top Bottom