R&M Gun vault in East Longmeadow owes us a BIG explanation.....

When the quoted's denial is no better than the media version, it doesn't matter.
My comment was about the instant condemnation which came BEFORE any comment by the store owner. So yes that matters. One is a reaction, but this was just hypocrisy.

He doubled down on his position on serializing 80% guns on his own page.
Again AFTER the condemnation based solely on what the media said. If you can't see the difference then you are part of the cancel culture manipulated by the media and should try thinking for yourself. But maybe you're not, you're own words will establish which.

Again AFTER the condemnation based solely on what the media said. If you can't see the difference then you are part of the cancel culture manipulated by the media and should try thinking for yourself. But maybe you're not, you're own words will establish which.
The fact that he offered comments was his first f-up. It’s local media here. They aren’t bending and manipulating quotes to appease their core viewer base. His follow up confirmed what was said. I can evaluate sources and make those judgement calls for myself. Fwiw any gun stores reading this should take note that if you come out for gun control you might as well close your doors.

The fact that he offered comments was his first f-up. It’s local media here. They aren’t bending and manipulating quotes to appease their core viewer base. His follow up confirmed what was said. I can evaluate sources and make those judgement calls for myself. Fwiw any gun stores reading this should take note that if you come out for gun control you might as well close your doors.
So you spotted the inaccuracy of the report from the beginning...right?
And yet went FR against the store owner BEFORE he made any statement himself. OK if that's the way you role. To each his own.

The fact that the owner's own comment reinforced what you believed, does not change that you established that beleaf based solely on a flawed article by the very media that seeks to manipulate the reader.

It's that dual standard of both condemning the media as manipulating the reader when that position suits you, and taking the media as absolut fact when that suits you, that is the hypocrisy.

So you spotted the inaccuracy of the report from the beginning...right?
And yet went FR against the store owner BEFORE he made any statement himself. OK if that's the way you role. To each his own.

The fact that the owner's own comment reinforced what you believed, does not change that you established that beleaf based solely on a flawed article by the very media that seeks to manipulate the reader.

It's that dual standard of both condemning the media as manipulating the reader when that position suits you, and taking the media as absolut fact when that suits you, that is the hypocrisy.

Simple concept, if you as a gun store talk to the media you are a fool and not a friend to the 2nd. Nothing you say will be used in context, it will not be used to help our cause, and it will not be a help to your business. Does anyone believe that the media will ever give any of us a fair shake? If anyone is not smart enough to see that coming a mile away and tell the media to get out of their store and that they have no comment or statement, then call the cops and trespass them if they won't leave they deserve to go out of business.

Simple concept, if you as a gun store talk to the media you are a fool and not a friend to the 2nd. Nothing you say will be used in context, it will not be used to help our cause, and it will not be a help to your business. Does anyone believe that the media will ever give any of us a fair shake? If anyone is not smart enough to see that coming a mile away and tell the media to get out of their store and that they have no comment or statement, then call the cops and trespass them if they won't leave they deserve to go out of business.
Not sure how much context is needed for: "I’m on board with most of what he’s [Biden] talking about. I have no problem with registering homemade firearms, gun kits, that type of thing. That is an excellent idea. I disagree a little bit with the pistol brace situation,”

What got me more than his explanation, which only made things worse, was that he deleted all the FB comments. That was just stupid because 1. He could have replied or 2. He could have ignored it, who reads that anyway? That's what prompted me to give him a negative review on Google.

Don’t waste your time with @42! I don’t know how the soapbox supports his weight.

He never comes around, latches on to the insignificant (a single word) even saying so in this very thread.

I once mentioned in a landlord thread that if I’m paying rent it’s my place and FU I’ll change the locks if I want to. OMG I think I stepped on his nuts. He went off spouting out all sorts of lease related fantasy jargon completely missing the point just like now.

I find those who rant about having high ethical and moral standards often possess the least of it. This is what I learned outside of my English class anyways...

Simple concept, if you as a gun store talk to the media you are a fool and not a friend to the 2nd. Nothing you say will be used in context, it will not be used to help our cause, and it will not be a help to your business. Does anyone believe that the media will ever give any of us a fair shake?

The recent news clip by 25 was generally well received by NES. I agree. However a few days later the newz used the range video as a background for a voice over for Biden's gun grabbing decrees. Pretty low down.

There should be a caveat, rider, clause or whatever it is called that the LGS had editorial control over the interviews. But there would never be a story then. Later some would bitch that 2A supporters don't have a say and demand interviews.

1618254746955.png

I hope his business goes under and the bank puts his house in foreclosure
I may or may not agree with his view of the issue and I do believe he shouldn't have said anything, but the above and what some other on here are saying is over the top.

This guy may have a family or dependents who could very seriously suffer if that happened. And speaking from experience many people use google reviews to determine which store to go too. He may have made a mistake saying what he did, but let people make a mistake and live and learn from it, not hope his family(assuming he has one) becomes homeless because of it.

"I have no problem with registering homemade firearms, gun kits, that type of thing. That is an excellent idea." The owner of the store said that. The media didn't say it. The media didn't twist his words. Nothing was taken out of context.

I may or may not agree with his view of the issue and I do believe he shouldn't have said anything, but the above and what some other on here are saying is over the top.

This guy may have a family or dependents who could very seriously suffer if that happened. And speaking from experience many people use google reviews to determine which store to go too. He may have made a mistake saying what he did, but let people make a mistake and live and learn from it, not hope his family(assuming he has one) becomes homeless because of it.
I think the federal gov't requiring all home built firearms to be serialized and registered is over the top. I'm not interested in saving one business at the cost of giving up a right.

Lol, You really think that this will have anything to do with the guys shop going under? from ground level-channel commentary about this guy's shop, if he goes under the end result is going to have very little to do with any kind of a "boycott" etc. It's likely just another small checkbox in the "not helping" category.

I've only seen this movie in MA happen a dozen times for this or that. Sometimes it was some anti 2a thing. Sometimes it was just a shitty shop.

A lot of the shops that have sold people out, places like NSF, Gun Parlor, and NET (The Rat of rats) are still basically open. Boycotts didnt do much. It probably hit the rat at NET the
worse, but honestly he failed to keep up with the times and BPS, Gartman, and a few others are basically destroying his base. Most people at this point don't even know of him as a proud rat that sold out gun owners, they just know him as a guy who runs a shitty shop down there. [laugh]

Bad practices and poor management/buying decisions more likely to kill a gun shop in MA vs politics, IMHO. Most gun and accessory buyers are not virtue signalers. That's being
polite, too.

Lol, You really think that this will have anything to do with the guys shop going under? from ground level-channel commentary about this guy's shop, if he goes under the end result is going to have very little to do with any kind of a "boycott" etc. It's likely just another small checkbox in the "not helping" category.

I've only seen this movie in MA happen a dozen times for this or that. Sometimes it was some anti 2a thing. Sometimes it was just a shitty shop.

A lot of the shops that have sold people out, places like NSF, Gun Parlor, and NET (The Rat of rats) are still basically open. Boycotts didnt do much. It probably hit the rat at NET the
worse, but honestly he failed to keep up with the times and BPS, Gartman, and a few others are basically destroying his base. Most people at this point don't even know of him as a proud rat that sold out gun owners, they just know him as a guy who runs a shitty shop down there. [laugh]

Bad practices and poor management/buying decisions more likely to kill a gun shop in MA vs politics, IMHO. Most gun and accessory buyers are not virtue signalers. That's being
polite, too.
I don't believe this will cause him to go under and I don't 30 people online, some of which don't even live in the area, are gonna effectively boycott the store into oblivion. I am however drawing a comparison to some other examples where multiple online negative reviews caused a store to lose enough traffic where it forces them to close.

Even with 15 or so 1 star reviews left over the last 2 days he still has a 3.8 rating which is alright. However if this had caught on more than it did and he dropped under 2 stars or so, many tech savvy people who check out a shop before going would pass over just from seeing the low rating.

I am more getting at the possibility of something happening, which is possible. I also just wanted to inject some realism into the picture, being that people have families to care for and intentionally either hoping for or trying to destroy someones reputation is over the top.

ya well if he does and was really looking out for them he would see the current political trend and fight for their rights and his kids, kids future instead of being a pussy bitch. My guess is he comes from the "peace and love" generation, the most selfish generation to ever walk planet earth. His kids are probably better off without him.

ya well if he does and was really looking out for them he would see the current political trend and fight for their rights and his kids, kids future instead of being a pussy bitch. My guess is he comes from the "peace and love" generation, the most selfish generation to ever walk planet earth. His kids are probably better off without him.
I imagine that is easier to type online than say in person.

Not sure how much context is needed for: "I’m on board with most of what he’s [Biden] talking about. I have no problem with registering homemade firearms, gun kits, that type of thing. That is an excellent idea. I disagree a little bit with the pistol brace situation,”

What got me more than his explanation, which only made things worse, was that he deleted all the FB comments. That was just stupid because 1. He could have replied or 2. He could have ignored it, who reads that anyway? That's what prompted me to give him a negative review on Google.

There isn't, this guy probably knew what he was doing and is not a 2a supporter, but this is an explanation of how we would know before he put out his idiotic FB post.

I don't believe this will cause him to go under and I don't 30 people online, some of which don't even live in the area, are gonna effectively boycott the store into oblivion. I am however drawing a comparison to some other examples where multiple online negative reviews caused a store to lose enough traffic where it forces them to close.

Even with 15 or so 1 star reviews left over the last 2 days he still has a 3.8 rating which is alright. However if this had caught on more than it did and he dropped under 2 stars or so, many tech savvy people who check out a shop before going would pass over just from seeing the low rating.

I am more getting at the possibility of something happening, which is possible. I also just wanted to inject some realism into the picture, being that people have families to care for and intentionally either hoping for or trying to destroy someones reputation is over the top.

Right now in this market someone can be a total a**h*** and still make money selling guns etc. This story likely wont end for years. [rofl] All of this sad sack stuff about people feeding their kids and stuff isn't really relevant. My point is hes likely going to make his bed and lie in it (whatever that is) but not primarily as a result of some shitty appearance on TV.

There are gun shops in this state that have done cumulatively worse things that are still around. And likely still will be around.... because skinflints.

Don’t waste your time with @42! I don’t know how the soapbox supports his weight.

He never comes around, latches on to the insignificant (a single word) even saying so in this very thread.

I once mentioned in a landlord thread that if I’m paying rent it’s my place and FU I’ll change the locks if I want to. OMG I think I stepped on his nuts. He went off spouting out all sorts of lease related fantasy jargon completely missing the point just like now.

I find those who rant about having high ethical and moral standards often possess the least of it. This is what I learned outside of my English class anyways...
What are you talking about?
And you shouldn't be commenting on my moral standards and ethics, I'm by far more consistent than most and I'd put them up against yours any day.
I also don't go around screaming wild conspiracy theories or refuse to see the real world just because I want some personal utopia.

And for the rest of you,
You guy just keep missing the point. My comments are not about what the owner said. Ya, he shouldn't be talking to the press. The point was the blind belief in the media by the same people who say the media lies

So what you are saying is this might work but we need more bad reviews. I'm sure we could spread this and get him tanked under 2.

100% this on the button. His statement wasn't inaccurate as he clarified and reaffirmed the same damn thing.

Back
Top Bottom