R&M Gun vault in East Longmeadow owes us a BIG explanation.....

I don't believe this will cause him to go under and I don't 30 people online, some of which don't even live in the area, are gonna effectively boycott the store into oblivion. I am however drawing a comparison to some other examples where multiple online negative reviews caused a store to lose enough traffic where it forces them to close.

Even with 15 or so 1 star reviews left over the last 2 days he still has a 3.8 rating which is alright. However if this had caught on more than it did and he dropped under 2 stars or so, many tech savvy people who check out a shop before going would pass over just from seeing the low rating.

I am more getting at the possibility of something happening, which is possible. I also just wanted to inject some realism into the picture, being that people have families to care for and intentionally either hoping for or trying to destroy someones reputation is over the top.

Shops should be very careful what what they say about guns to the media. That's a known universal fact for FFLs.

Even shops that don't talk to the media, but do stupid moves pay the price. Northshore Firearms is a good example. They had a little event a few years ago and the shop lost a lot of customers over it no doubt.

A lot of the shops that have sold people out, places like NSF, Gun Parlor, and NET (The Rat of rats) are still basically open. Boycotts didnt do much. It probably hit the rat at NET the worse, but honestly he failed to keep up with the times and BPS, Gartman, and a few others are basically destroying his base. Most people at this point don't even know of him as a proud rat that sold out gun owners, they just know him as a guy who runs a shitty shop down there. [laugh]
👆 This is priceless. Had no idea they were as reviled as I felt. I live less than a mile from this place. Bought some .40cal "reloads" from them many, many years ago. Friend nearly blew his face off with what we could only assume were double or excessive loads. Jammed up his Kahr bad. One was scary, the second was no fluke and worse. Went back to let him know what happened in case he wanted to pull from the shelves before someone got seriously hurt. I kid you not, he laughed in our face and said it wasn't his problem. Threw the box on his counter and told him he could keep them. Last time I set foot in there. Easily 15+ years ago. Douche bag.

What are you talking about?
And you shouldn't be commenting on my moral standards and ethics, I'm by far more consistent than most and I'd put them up against yours any day.
I also don't go around screaming wild conspiracy theories or refuse to see the real world just because I want some personal utopia.

I explained exactly what I was talking about. Clearly. In English. You have done nothing but provide supposition.

Here is a little wisdom for you: Don’t open your pie hole refuting misconduct when someone violates rule #1: “Don’t talk about Fight Club”. Note this is a 2A metaphor for our servitor of literal English. And then don’t double down when you are quickly shown the error of your ways...

P.S. Just for clarity and accuracy:

lit·er·al
/ˈlidərəl,ˈlitrəl/
adjective
taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory.

I don't believe this will cause him to go under and I don't 30 people online, some of which don't even live in the area, are gonna effectively boycott the store into oblivion. I am however drawing a comparison to some other examples where multiple online negative reviews caused a store to lose enough traffic where it forces them to close.

Even with 15 or so 1 star reviews left over the last 2 days he still has a 3.8 rating which is alright. However if this had caught on more than it did and he dropped under 2 stars or so, many tech savvy people who check out a shop before going would pass over just from seeing the low rating.

I am more getting at the possibility of something happening, which is possible. I also just wanted to inject some realism into the picture, being that people have families to care for and intentionally either hoping for or trying to destroy someones reputation is over the top.
Guess he shouldn't have exposed what a douchebag he is? Tough shit if he goes out of business. Maybe his wife & kids will disown him for being such a cuck.

What are you talking about?
And you shouldn't be commenting on my moral standards and ethics, I'm by far more consistent than most and I'd put them up against yours any day.
I also don't go around screaming wild conspiracy theories or refuse to see the real world just because I want some personal utopia.

And for the rest of you,
You guy just keep missing the point. My comments are not about what the owner said. Ya, he shouldn't be talking to the press. The point was the blind belief in the media by the same people who say the media lies
show me where I said the media was bending the truth. I have pretty solid faith in the local station since I know a number of the reporters personally. Once we get into national media you have have a different experience and you should gauge it as necessary. I said this above as well. The local news here isn't out there grooming stories for their audience.

I have pretty solid faith in the local station since I know a number of the reporters personally. Once we get into national media you have have a different experience and you should gauge it as necessary. ... The local news here isn't out there grooming stories for their audience.
55dtsx.jpg

I’m sorry I need to chill... I think I may have drank too much coffee today. But no excuse. Let me at least attempt to cover the hatchet with a few 🍁!

I may or may not agree with his view of the issue and I do believe he shouldn't have said anything, but the above and what some other on here are saying is over the top.

This guy may have a family or dependents who could very seriously suffer if that happened. And speaking from experience many people use google reviews to determine which store to go too. He may have made a mistake saying what he did, but let people make a mistake and live and learn from it, not hope his family(assuming he has one) becomes homeless because of it.

What lesson does he learn exactly if he doesn’t face blowback.

We have enough commie POS to worry about without FUDD gun shop owners adding fuel to the fire.

Don’t waste your time with @42! I don’t know how the soapbox supports his weight.

He never comes around, latches on to the insignificant (a single word) even saying so in this very thread.

I once mentioned in a landlord thread that if I’m paying rent it’s my place and FU I’ll change the locks if I want to. OMG I think I stepped on his nuts. He went off spouting out all sorts of lease related fantasy jargon completely missing the point just like now.

I find those who rant about having high ethical and moral standards often possess the least of it. This is what I learned outside of my English class anyways...
...the quicker we counted our spoons?

The gun shop owner made a statement and defended it and you have the right to spend your hard earned elsewhere.

Wow ... this has been a rather harsh thread. I'm concerned that people here just don't know their federal rights. it's like they think that they can just produce in their basement a fully automatic 50cal long range magazine fed pistol....

wait ... if I follow ALL the rules, I CAN do just that. but for the life of Kennedy's passenger, it'll be expensive, I'll have to open my life to scrutiny, and I won't be able to take it out of my basement.

oh well, lets jump on some random gun shop owner 'cause he had an opinion.

Last edited:
I explained exactly what I was talking about. Clearly. In English. You have done nothing but provide supposition.

Here is a little wisdom for you: Don’t open your pie hole refuting misconduct when someone violates rule #1: “Don’t talk about Fight Club”. Note this is a 2A metaphor for our servitor of literal English. And then don’t double down when you are quickly shown the error of your ways...

P.S. Just for clarity and accuracy:

lit·er·al
/ˈlidərəl,ˈlitrəl/
adjective
taking words in their usual or most basic sense without metaphor or allegory.
Nick, the What are you talking about? was only referring to the bolded comment you attributed to me. I really don't know what you're talking about. I'm not perfect and I do forget things but I really have no idea what you are referring to. And I tend to react when someone says that I said something when I didn't.

And I choose my words carefully. From the beginning I never said what the owner did was right, on the contrary, I said it was not.

My only point was what I saw as a trend to use a double standard when it comes to the media. To trust it when it agrees and distrust it when it disagrees. You may see it differently and that's fine. But I will continue to verify before I believe something posted on the internet, especially from the media. And if that means I react slower to an emerging store so be it.

To question my ethics was out of line, and I should not have returned that question. I assume, since we agree that the owner should not have spoken to the press, that our disagreement is simply on the how much we believe what we read. I don't think we will be agreeing on that. To each his own.

Wow ... this has been a rather harsh thread. I'm concerned that people here just don't know their federal rights. it's like they think that they can just produce in their basement a fully automatic 50cal long range magazine fed pistol....

wait ... if I follow ALL the rules, I CAN do just that. but for the life of Kennedy's passenger, it'll be expensive, I'll have to open my life to scrutiny, and I won't be able to take it out of my basement.

He took an anti 2A stance so why would a gun forum full of gun owners accept that? Is your real name Maura?

He took an anti 2A stance so why would a gun forum full of gun owners accept that? Is your real name Maura?
Because not all gun owners have the exact same beliefs. Believe it or not some only want a shotgun for turkey hunting and nothing else. They either have no reason to care about other things or may even believe the anti 2a stance. 2a might mean something different to other people

Because not all gun owners have the exact same beliefs. Believe it or not some only want a shotgun for turkey hunting and nothing else. They either have no reason to care about other things or may even believe the anti 2a stance. 2a might mean something different to other people

So are you saying as long as I have my shotgun I could care less about the rifles is an acceptable stance? So when they come for your shotgun will you be the same guy saying when the came for the Jews I said nothing?

So are you saying as long as I have my shotgun I could care less about the rifles is an acceptable stance? So when they come for your shotgun will you be the same guy saying when the came for the Jews I said nothing?

I'm not saying I have that view, but I have neighbors who only own shotguns and could care less outside of that. They use it to turkey hunting with a friend once a year. And I know plenty of other people who have similar beliefs.

It's important to remember that not all gun owners believe the same thing.

I'm not saying I have that view, but I have neighbors who only own shotguns and could care less outside of that. They use it to turkey hunting with a friend once a year. And I know plenty of other people who have similar beliefs.

And it's important to remember that not all gun owners are our friends. Your example proves just that.

Yeah, well then they aren't really gun owners after all then because you either support gun rights or you don't there is no middle ground. The Liberal fudds who voted for Joe Biden to take their rights away and who will be the first to hand their guns over are hardly anyone you could rely on and how they look themselves in the mirror is beyond me. We do have a few closet fudds here but they out themselves in the end like @hminsky and @Vagrant they will be the first in the buy back line.

Yeah, well then they aren't really gun owners after all then because you either support gun rights or you don't there is no middle ground. The Liberal fudds who voted for Joe Biden to take their rights away and who will be the first to hand their guns over are hardly anyone you could rely on and how they look themselves in the mirror is beyond me. We do have a few closet fudds here but they out themselves in the end like @hminsky and @Vagrant they will be the first in the buy back line.

I personally dont't share their view, but I'm not so much of a brick wall to say they are bad people. As a matter of fact my neighbor would give you the shirt off her back(not something you would want to see) and is a great person in general. She is my friend and I respect her views.

Y'all need to stop seeing every issue as a live or die issue, everyone is an enemy if that's how you view it. Many times simple respect works. Not everyone is a Karen.

I think the federal gov't requiring all home built firearms to be serialized and registered is over the top. I'm not interested in saving one business at the cost of giving up a right.
This. Time to stop being gracious, “the better person”, civilized, or whatever you want to call It. Nice guys finish last. We’ve entered the critical phase of this social experiment. The next 4 years will determine who wins this assault on liberty. There will not be a second chance this time methinks, not with a compromised election system and a USSC that can’t be trusted to follow the constitution.

I personally dont't share their view, but I'm not so much of a brick wall to say they are bad people. As a matter of fact my neighbor would give you the shirt off her back(not something you would want to see) and is a great person in general. She is my friend and I respect her views.

Y'all need to stop seeing every issue as a live or die issue, everyone is an enemy if that's how you view it. Many times simple respect works. Not everyone is a Karen.
Keep apologizing for the apologists see where it gets you all you're doing is condoning their views and that will get your rights taken away.

They can go shit in a hat then. Most of us are done coddling them.

Hey, welcome to NES. We love jackwads that join up to spew garbage. "random gun shop owner 'cause he had an opinion."????? Hate to tell you, Fuddboi, random is not the case, and f*** his opinion. You antis joining recently, thinking you are fooling us, are just too obvious.

919247EB-145A-4FFC-9C0A-71473A7AA5D0.jpeg

They can go shit in a hat then. Most of us are done coddling them.

Has nothing to do with coddling. People can have different view points without being told to shit in a hat. Open debate can actually change someone's mind, outright dismissing of them is exactly what the insane left does. Nobodies opinion matters but their own.

As with any small business, as a customer find a shop you like that supports your values and be as loyal as possible. Bought my first firearm at The Gun Rack in turners falls MA and I drive the 40 or so minutes to go there because I want to see them stick around. There's a local shop in my town that's run by fudds (hint, next to a dunkin and some shit hole apartments) and after getting the stink eye from their grumpy unprofessional staff I refused to give them any money.
Hell my old man from Ct tags along on my monthly ammo pilgrimage.
This relationship pays off in dividends when it comes to the small things or transfers

I want to leave a bad review for this anti 2a dude but based on the circulation of that article I don't think they need any help in destroying their already lame business.

If it’s R&R in Belchertown I could also mention the one and only time I went there to check out handguns and no one would talk to me. They acted like I either didn’t exist or was someone’s disgruntled wife. So I left and never went back.

Back
Top Bottom