• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

R&M Gun vault in East Longmeadow owes us a BIG explanation.....

Note to gun shop owners, if some media person sticks a mic in your face you have two options

1 - No comment, have a nice day
2 - Here is the number of my lawyer, give him a call

This all day .
NEVER talk to the press.
Even if you said nothing wrong the edited version will not even remotely resemble what you said.
One more time NEVER TALK TO THE PRESS!!
I had the opportunity to talk to the press once. We were at day 10 of a heat wave. It was around late July/ early August 2016. I was at Polar in Worcester filling up 5 gallon water bottles for my house. A local Worcester news team came up to me and asked if they could interview me on how the heat wave was affecting me and how I was dealing with the heat. I responded with a few minute rant about how our AG was over stepping her duties and using power she didn't have to modify laws without proper authority. I believe I ended it with "hey Maura, if you are watching, come and take". I didn't make it on the news that evening.
If you have an agenda, talking to the media can be ok, but most of the time I would agree. Shut up and don't talk.

We may not like what he said but do we want to put a gunshop out of business?
Yes. Yes I do.

This reminds me of all the instructors in MA who think firearms training being mandatory for a LTC in MA is a good thing.

Along that line - I understand that in South Carolina every year the state house brings up constitutional carry and every year there is a lobby of firearms instructors opposing it.

Self interests rule over rights or in the case of this gun shop owner he supports infringements that would not affect him.

🐯

We may not like what he said but do we want to put a gunshop out of business?

This faux pas isn't going to put the shop out of business. There's gun stores with far worse reputations still in business, like the Gun Parlor. A lot of gun store customers are totally oblivious to the issues surrounding braces, ERPO, and paperweights.

If it does put the shop out of business, consider this a lesson in not alienating a customer base.

When will shop owners learn don't talk to the news reporter. Screw those guys. Pioneer Valley Arms right around the corner way better shop super helpful decent selection and lots of parts sights accessories etc.

Talking to the media about anything invites them to edit what you say to support their point of view. Just as they did with Ron DeSantis a couple of weeks ago to make it look like he was playing favorites with who could distribute the vaccine.

My initial reaction was to let him fail, as I don't want to see us go the way of cancel culture.
Then as I comb this thread and contemplate I'm remembering that the only reason things have gotten this messed up in our country is because for too long we have been polite and not played by the same rules as the left. I suppose the only way to get through to folks like this shop owner is to remind them that they set the rules for the arena and now the gloves are coming off.

My initial reaction was to let him fail, as I don't want to see us go the way of cancel culture.
Then as I comb this thread and contemplate I'm remembering that the only reason things have gotten this messed up in our country is because for too long we have been polite and not played by the same rules as the left. I suppose the only way to get through to folks like this shop owner is to remind them that they set the rules for the arena and now the gloves are coming off.
They have done NOTHING good about what they said. All that happened is that, they gave the anti people a boost, now they can say "see even gun shops say its no big deal it's fine" infringement, no seems to know what that means.

This all day .
NEVER talk to the press.
Even if you said nothing wrong the edited version will not even remotely resemble what you said.
I was doing a job at Faneuil Hall one time and during our coffee break, Hank Philipi Ryan (when she was younger and not guilty) came over to ask us some questions about insurance. She almost was in tears by the time our crew was done with her, her parting words were not fit for a family website. 🤣

This all day .
NEVER talk to the press.
I am not in the gun industry but I go three requests this year to talk to local "papers" and make a statement.
I gave zero

NES invented cancel culture.

The agency I worked for in my younger years made the mistake of allowing a newspaper reporter to do a ride along with me.
There was not a single true word written in the article when it came out.
It was 100% fictional fabricated bullshit.
The editor's response when we made a compliant ?
"You can make a fuss if you want ,but the next story will be way worst."
F*ck the media.

When someone shakes the last bit of shavings off of their 80% you know what they do next?

They buy barrels, slides, uppers, sights, FCG's magazines, ammo and so on and so forth. Yeah, lots of folks get this stuff online but instant gratification is a strong motivator to being able to score it locally.

I don't have a gun store but if I did, maybe I would have these items on hand for the builders instead of shitting on them. Maybe I would even get myself some P80s as well and offer them up for sale as well. Why alienate potential customers when you could embrace them?

Just thinking out loud here.

As with any small business, as a customer find a shop you like that supports your values and be as loyal as possible. Bought my first firearm at The Gun Rack in turners falls MA and I drive the 40 or so minutes to go there because I want to see them stick around. There's a local shop in my town that's run by fudds (hint, next to a dunkin and some shit hole apartments) and after getting the stink eye from their grumpy unprofessional staff I refused to give them any money.
Hell my old man from Ct tags along on my monthly ammo pilgrimage.
This relationship pays off in dividends when it comes to the small things or transfers

I want to leave a bad review for this anti 2a dude but based on the circulation of that article I don't think they need any help in destroying their already lame business.
You mean “R and R” in Belchertown? ;-)

Guys like this are looking at another revenue stream for their business. Selling 80% kits and collecting a fee. They don't care 1 iota about the second amendment or rights. It's all about the more they regulate the better off I am because people will have to come to these places to do transfers ....
It sucks but you have to come to the realization that many in the 2nd amendment community and many what we refer to as fudds really are not as committed as you would like to guess.
I cannot prove this "observation" over the past 15+ years, but, , I do however believe a fair number of people perhaps even here on the forum also voted for what we have now because of their hatred of DJT.

Slept on this overnight and came to the realization that the only way to preserve our freedoms is to unapologetically weed out the snakes in our midst. Completely and aggressively pro 2a and constitution is the only way forward.

This limp dicked coward should be rejected by the 2a community. He can find another demographic to latch onto like the parasite that he is.

The only reason we are living in the world we are today is because we tolerated people with weak resolve and morals to fly under the conservative banner, diluting the messaging and strength of the movement. Time to call a spade a spade. You are either 100% 2A or a leftist authoritarian sympathizer.

So is the implication that the quote is false and the owner never said it?

Because they came out and confirmed that it is what they said.
No, nothing on that one way or the other. I write what I want to say, don't be reading more into it.

The observation was that people seem very quick to condemn based solely on a clearly flawed article. No hesitation. No looking for, or waiting for verifiable facts. Right for the throat. An article from "the media" which these same people say we can't trust. It seems a pretty big hypocrisy, and an aspect of the "cancel culture" we also denounce. Some people need to look at themselves more.

And yes the owner did confirm part of the quote later, which was not a smart thing for him to do (talking to the press). But it should also be noted that the reporter lied to stir things up with both the misquote and the "mistake" about it being an EO, which is a much bigger deal than an EA. So congratulations you (the general you) have been manipulated once again by the media.

No, nothing on that one way or the other. I write what I want to say, don't be reading more into it.

The observation was that people seem very quick to condemn based solely on a clearly flawed article. No hesitation. No looking for, or waiting for verifiable facts. Right for the throat. An article from "the media" which these same people say we can't trust. It seems a pretty big hypocrisy, and an aspect of the "cancel culture" we also denounce. Some people need to look at themselves more.

And yes the owner did confirm part of the quote later, which was not a smart thing for him to do (talking to the press). But it should also be noted that the reporter lied to stir things up with both the misquote and the "mistake" about it being an EO, which is a much bigger deal than an EA. So congratulations you (the general you) have been manipulated once again by the media.
He doubled down on his position on serializing 80% guns on his own page.

Back
Top Bottom