• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question for the knife experts

I'm not familiar with them.

For pocket knives, Damascus blades are about appearance, not performance. A powder-metallurgy steel will perform better. But those knives from Santa Fe Stoneworks are mostly about pocket jewelry, so whatever floats your boat.

I've owned and own $400 knives. Not only do I not cut rope, logs or cardboard with them, I'm hesitate to even cut hte cheese in the same room as them. Sure, they're durable. But $400 is $400. Gimme a cheaper knife that if I destroy I don't care for real tasks.
I own a couple knives that are around $350 or so. I don't use them a lot. My Tactile Knife Maverick is pocket jewelry that I don't use much: Maverick

I do have a Spyderco Paramilitary 3 in Maxamet steel that costs about $250. I do carry and use that knife a lot. Different strokes. https://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP...in-blade-dark-gray-g10-handles-paramilitary-3. This isn't a decorative knife, it's a working tool.

I have a handful of knives in that price range. Most of them are show pieces in my display case.
Never heard of this brand before. Probably doesn't have great resale should you not like it.

Personally if I were going to make my first big knife purchase I would stick to Chris Reeve. The Sebenza line is second to none.

I think they used production knives and modified them. Iirc anyways. Might be ok if it’s in a display but I wouldn’t want to use it and risk damaging the scales. Jmo.

Umm there's a few things that are kinda sins on this forum

1...talking about a hot girl and not posting pics

2....talking about a gun and not posting pics

3.... talking about knives and not posting pics

4.... telling people where the stud club hq is

You and op just violated rule 3

Well, not me. My whole post was about how I don't own super-expensive folders. So I'm hardly able to take any pics of super-expensive folders...

I was just at the website. They are more of a scales grips and stonework company. They do collaborations with other knife companies so I would stick with those like Spyderco and Kershaw if you decide. The “jewelry collection” looks like China made and some of the others look like Boker’s China made knives. Maybe matching knife and 1911 grips. I remember Lou Horton in Framingham had a 1911 with a matching Jimmy Lile Bowie Knife. Probably worth a small fortune nowadays.

Well, I said screw it and went back to the knife shop. After some "Discussion" I got the knife for $350 and then the inevitable tax. I'm really liking the knife so far. Very light and the blade is pretty awesome. The blade itself is made out of something called Sanmai Damascus from Japan. Overall there are 33 layers of Steel in the blade. Plus the entire knife comes with a lifetime warranty. Feel pretty safe using it at this point. I know, expensive but I'm pretty happy with it.

SF1.jpg

dzjjmd85.png

Back
Top Bottom