• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Question for the knife experts

Rockrivr1

NES Member
I’m up in northern Maine and I walked into a knife store. They had a section of knives that stood out to me. They were from Santa Fe Stoneworks. The knife had a Mammoth Ivory inlay with a 3” Damascus blade. It was light and sharp with a clip for pocket carry. I really liked it but damn it’s not cheap.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this company? The blade comes with a lifetime warranty so there’s that. I’m seriously thinking of getting it.

I’m up in northern Maine and I walked into a knife store. They had a section of knives that stood out to me. They were from Santa Fe Stoneworks. The knife had a Mammoth Ivory inlay with a 3” Damascus blade. It was light and sharp with a clip for pocket carry. I really liked it but damn it’s not cheap.

Just wondering if anyone has experience with this company? The blade comes with a lifetime warranty so there’s that. I’m seriously thinking of getting it.

I looked them up and went to check... you'll NEVER catch me even considering paying $3-700 for a folder. There's just so many options out there that do just as well (or better) and are much more affordable.

Of course, I also understand being enslaved to purchasing beautiful objects, so I get it. But that's VERY steep for any pocket blade. It looks like they've got some sort of wholesale membership thing on their site, with discounts. They certainly seem sincere about their craftsmanship.

F’k it - buy it and enjoy it

I made a retard purchase last week, no regerts

do they make their own knives now? i'm only familiar with them from back in the day, their claim to fame was decorating other manufacturers knives. i quickly scanned their web page and see they are still doing that. you can spend 350 bucks on a kershaw leek or by an unadorned factory leek for 50 bucks off amazon. if you like it and got the disposable cash go for it. it's a personal thing to buy an adorned knife, me, not into it. but i know others that went nuts for the spyderco kiwi knives sante fe worked on years back.

They are very nice knifes. Eventhough they are expensive they are worth it greatvcraftsmanship and materials and millions of year old Mamouth. This is not something you can find anyware. I have one and it is my collection except it is too nice for every day carry. For every day carry I carry a Bolker flip, also a nice knife for around $250.00 not as expensive but more usable. If you have never tried a flipper knife you should. The action is better then an assisted or a switch and no springs try one out
Anyway if you like the Santa Fe and it won't brake your bank get it it is a truly custom and worth the money

Good taste. I found them when i went looking for a knife and grip combo to go with my spruced up 1911.
Just an example of their work:

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/BeRdphHgP1v/

People spend [unfathomable to me] money on luxury watches like Vacherons, etc. Someone wants to carry a bling piece and spend way more than it should cost, this is America lol.

The one I really liked was $400.
$400 for a quality knife that you really like isn’t insane for a knife collector. I paid over $500 for a microtech I really wanted. The money is long forgotten about, but I still have the knife.

I say if you can afford to blow the $ and think you will still like it next week, go for it.

People spend [unfathomable to me] money on luxury watches like Vacherons, etc. Someone wants to carry a bling piece and spend way more than it should cost, this is America lol.
If people are paying for it, then it doesn't cost more than it should.

The price might be too high for you, but that is supply meeting demand.

If people are paying for it, then it doesn't cost more than it should.

The price might be too high for you, but that is supply meeting demand.
Oh my goshness. You're right. Look at me turning into a *nobody should have more than ten bullets* Karen.

I looked them up and went to check... you'll NEVER catch me even considering paying $3-700 for a folder. There's just so many options out there that do just as well (or better) and are much more affordable.

Of course, I also understand being enslaved to purchasing beautiful objects, so I get it. But that's VERY steep for any pocket blade. It looks like they've got some sort of wholesale membership thing on their site, with discounts. They certainly seem sincere about their craftsmanship.
Umm there's a few things that are kinda sins on this forum

1...talking about a hot girl and not posting pics

2....talking about a gun and not posting pics

3.... talking about knives and not posting pics

4.... telling people where the stud club hq is

You and op just violated rule 3

Check with Bishop. If he can do the thing with it, go for it.

I've posted my buddy's saying, before: "I have a few things I regret buying. There are many things I regret not buying." I don't think that they're making much mammoth ivory, anymore.
Ehh i know a place

The one I really liked was $400.

I've owned and own $400 knives. Not only do I not cut rope, logs or cardboard with them, I'm hesitate to even cut hte cheese in the same room as them. Sure, they're durable. But $400 is $400. Gimme a cheaper knife that if I destroy I don't care for real tasks.

Back
Top Bottom