Question for Glock Owners- 1-2-3 PIN models how do you tell.

Got my first Glock-G19 early 3rd GEN-pre 10/98 [smile]

I have seen some sites where people talk about 1,2 and 3 "PIN" Glock models?

Can someone tell me what exactly this means?

How do I tell which model I have?-are these PINs visible in the frame or what component. Is it based on manufacture date?

Is one version better then another, say 2 Pin versus 3 PIN?

Any draw backs?

Thank you

Pins refers to the number of pins that go through the frame to hold the guts (slide stop, locking block, etc) inside. If you have a 3rd gen you have absolutely nothing to worry about, especially in a 9mm. They added the 3rd pin after the early 40 cals came out because they were having issues with the locking block, I believe. All the new Glocks have 3 pins, probably for ease of production.

Basically, its a Glock. It's not gunna break. [smile]

If you have a pre-10/98 3rd gen G19, you have a two-pin model. They added the third pin around 2002 to streamline their manufacturing process to be synced up with their .40/.357 frames. The only drawback would be you wouldn't want to put a G23/G32 slide on your two-pin G19. Other than that, throw some 9mm through that bad boy and enjoy![wink]

The 1 pin Glocks use a different slide release lever that has a little "point" to prevent it from being lifted up too high. This has absolutely no adverse impact on the gun, but should be considered when replacing parts to make sure you install the correct one.

If you have a pre-10/98 3rd gen G19, you have a two-pin model. They added the third pin around 2002 to streamline their manufacturing process to be synced up with their .40/.357 frames. The only drawback would be you wouldn't want to put a G23/G32 slide on your two-pin G19. Other than that, throw some 9mm through that bad boy and enjoy![wink]

So let me get this straight, I can put a 23 slide on my 3rd gen 3 pin 19 and shoot .40 out of it?

Back
Top Bottom