Question about something I saw on FSguns

"We called Glock in Georgia and spoke with their customer service department. If you'd like, you can send the pistol back to the factory along with a check for only $45. They will then refinish the slide, spruce up the frame, replace any parts that may be worn, install new factory sights and upgrade any parts so that they meet current specs. This $45 dollar fee includes return shipping.

PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU SEND IT TO GLOCK YOU MUST SPECIFICALLY ASK FOR THE SLIDE TO BE REFINISHED."

Just wondering if anyone has done this with their glock? Wouldn't I have to ship the gun from a dealer, because I would be sending the slide and frame? If anyone has done this please let me know what you did.

Thanks
Tom

PS. I believe this is the appropriate forum for this. If not Mod please move it.

No, it's perfectly legal for you to send it in without going through an FFL.
The slide is irrelevant, however, the frame (or complete gun), must be received by an FFL (or in this case, a manufacturer).

When they send it back to you, it must be delivered to an FFL.

Also, you cannot send a handgun/frame through the USPS, it has to go by a common carrier (UPS, FedEx).

Check UPSs and FedExs website regarding shipping firearms, they can have some screwy policies... IIRC, you might even have to inform them that you're shipping a handgun frame.

Really??

Please tell us where in Fed or State Law that it says this!

---------------------

Hint: NOT TRUE!

Dealers/Gunsmiths/Mfrs may ship the gun directly BACK to the owner (NO FFL Req'd) if the owner sent/left it with the Dealer/Gunsmith/Mfr for repair or modification.

Think of this . . . if your statement was correct, you would "lose" the gun if it was a Glock, most 1911s, etc. that had been sent for repair/modification as it is ILLEGAL for a MA Dealer to transfer any gun not on the EOPS List & AG Compliant to a MA Resident (unless said resident proves ownership in MA on 10/21/98). [Exception for those on EOPS List but not AG Compliant only if made before 1998.]

No, it's perfectly legal for you to send it in without going through an FFL.
The slide is irrelevant, however, the frame (or complete gun), must be received by an FFL (or in this case, a manufacturer).

Also, you cannot send a handgun/frame through the USPS, it has to go by a common carrier (UPS, FedEx).

Check UPSs and FedExs website regarding shipping firearms, they can have some screwy policies... IIRC, you might even have to inform them that you're shipping a handgun frame.

I beleive you are incorect on one part of your post the gunsmith /factroy can return the pistol directly to the owner I hvae sent pistols to Cylinder & Slide,Ruger and Para Ordinance and had the pistols retuned tome via UPS no ffl involved The most recent was less than a month ago

That's great I do not have to deal with an FFL transfer it can come right to me. Thanks for the info. If anyone has sent their glock back please tell me your experience.

Thanks again!
Tom

The service is spectacular, and for the price they charge, an absolute gift! Just beware .......... if your Glock contains any "non Glock OEM" parts, they will be removed and replaced with Glock OEM parts. The only exception to this rule that I am aware of are sights. (those I am told, they will leave in place for you) And yes, the gun comes back directly to you! Take advantage! [smile]

I had sent my G19 out to be refinished and have Trijicon night sights put, I took about 8 weeks. I sent by UPS, and the sent back the same way. It has to be signed by someone over 21 years of age. Looks brand new and cost $114.00, $45.00 for thr refurb/refinish and $79.00 for the sights.
Hope this helps.

They can send it back to you directly becuase you own it. There is no transfer, that has already been done. I have my model 22 at Glock right now. They are refinishing the slide, putting on new sights, replacing any internal parts that need it and suppling a factory box for $45 dollars. What a bargin!

NOW, I have been told of instances where someone sent in a G36 and Glock refused to send it back. They said that model was not out before 1998. They sent them back a G30 instead. Not sure if it's true, but that was the story!!! Personally I would not risk it!

NOW, I have been told of instances where someone sent in a G36 and Glock refused to send it back. They said that model was not out before 1998. They sent them back a G30 instead. Not sure if it's true, but that was the story!!! Personally I would not risk it!

If that is true, then the G30 would have to be sent to an FFL since it is a new to him gun and proper paperwork must be filed.

Doubt it ........

#1 - They realy don't care

#2 - There are such things as post 98' MA legal glocks

I have heard stories where Glocks were sent in for repair (after some oddball nasty failure) and Glock deemed the gun unsafe and would not return. Specificaly, there was the guy who did not understand that you can not fire unjacketed lead, and after who knows how may rounds ruptured the barrel and tore the slide off the frame. Glock told him "sorry, user error" and would not return the gun to him.

Sounds pretty dubious to me, unless his G36 blew up (eg, a KB or a cracked
frame) and they had agreed to some sort of compromise and had a pre-98
G30 they could send him instead. He would have had to sign for
the G30 through an FFL cause it would have a diff SN...

Of course, the stories about Glock service on MA guns is pretty
strange. I never had anything but decent dealings with them, sent a coupla
guns down there, got them refurbished and sent back, altho I didnt have
any refinishing done.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom