• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

QD sling mount available for ACE ARFX Skeleton Stock?

I'm also not comfortable with trusting an adhesive to bond two smooth surfaced pieced of metal to one another and then trusting my carbine to the bond. I think a screw solution (unlike the Uncle Mike's approach) is what's required.

Well, the Uncle Mike's approach is the way I'd go, but I wouldn't be using adhesive on two smooth surfaces. The socket is already prepped - those grooves around the base are for epoxy to create a mechanical bond on the socket. After drilling the mounting hole, the inside of the hole needs some nice gouges perpendicular to the force that will be exerted on it, just like the grooves on the socket. Ideal would be to drill to the correct diameter, and then run a tap into it for those grooves, but with aluminum gouging with a file handle would work almost as well. Then degrease. Once a good machinable epoxy like Devcon Steel putty or JB Weld sets up in those grooves and grabs each side, the thing is in there forever.

Well, the Uncle Mike's approach is the way I'd go, but I wouldn't be using adhesive on two smooth surfaces. The socket is already prepped - those grooves around the base are for epoxy to create a mechanical bond on the socket. After drilling the mounting hole, the inside of the hole needs some nice gouges perpendicular to the force that will be exerted on it, just like the grooves on the socket. Ideal would be to drill to the correct diameter, and then run a tap into it for those grooves, but with aluminum gouging with a file handle would work almost as well. Then degrease. Once a good machinable epoxy like Devcon Steel putty or JB Weld sets up in those grooves and grabs each side, the thing is in there forever.

Definitely worth consideration.

OK, got the sockets today.

A couple things, yes ACE should of been on this from the get go..sux I have to "frankenstien" the stock to make this work.

That being said, it did some measuring and got some screws in mind that will work from Fastenal.

Installing these on the top or bottom of the rear of the stock will require a spacer since the hole is recessed. The black (metal) one that came with the ACE stock is perfect, AS is the little white nylon Uncle Mike spacers used for thier sling swivels.

With installing on the side, I am trying to decide if Metal-to-Metal or if to also use the Uncle Mikes white spacer there too, because that will alter the screw lenght I need.

Titan, where do you "plan" on intalling this, the side or rear of the stock?

Last edited:
OK, got the sockets today.

A couple things, yes ACE should of been on this from the get go..sux I have to "frankenstien" the stock to make this work.

That being said, it did some measuring and got some screws in mind that will work from Fastenal.

Installing these on the top or bottom of the rear of the stock will require a spacer since the hole is recessed. The black (metal) one that came with the ACE stock is perfect, AS is the little white nylon Uncle Mike spacers used for thier sling swivels.

With installing on the side, I am trying to decide if Metal-to-Metal or if to also use the Uncle Mikes white spacer there too, because that will alter the screw lenght I need.

Titan, where do you "plan" on intalling this, the side or rear of the stock?

I think it has to be where the stock meets the rifle. For me it would be on the left side looking from the rear.

That gives the best hookup to maniplute a two point sling. Mounting it closer to the butt, causes the sling strap to cross your throat during some adjustments.

My solution for ace skeleton stock sling attachment

[video=youtube_share;Z_4YvmNXK6k]http://youtu.be/Z_4YvmNXK6k[/video]
Do any of you Ace ARFX skeleton stock owners, know of a QD sling swivel mount that will work with the tapped screw holes on the stock?

Is there a QD sling swivel (by any maker) that has the same threading?

I'm looking to replace the sling swivel that comes with the Ace ARFX, with a QD mount.

Last edited:
I have the ARFX stock and I am looking to attach a single point sling and I don't feel comfortable using the small screw in stud. Is there any other options?

Back
Top Bottom