• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Q Sugar Weasel Upper

Just saw a post for this, for sale, I guess.

Is that the name of this? Who comes up with this? And why?

A sugar weasel is the poor man's version of a honey badger, forged receivers instead of billet & a few other lesser parts

From Atlanta rapper Gunna:

"Drip is your attire, the clothes you wear. My drip today man, I got on a Saint Laurent hoodie, some Balmain’s and some Chanel shoes because it’s Friday. I drip every day, all week, but weekends I’m really putting that sh*t on. I might wear a $10,000 outfit on a weekend, no cap.”

In sports a player’s “drip” is also defined as their personal swagger.

I have never heard of them, how long have they been around for?

Their advertising team seems to be the same firm as BRCC.
not sure the exact date of founding but he left AAC/freedom group around 2011/2012 IIRC. took a few years for him to get Q up and running

They are local which is cool, are they doing anything different than any other manufacturers besides the cringy names and phrases?
Trash Panda 30cal is 2" shorter and 10oz lighter than the Surefire 30cal. That is a significant difference.

Hold on..... 17 yrs on a gun board, 28k posts and youve never heard of Q or the Sugar Weasel ?

Ditto. Sounds like some sort of attacking vagina from a horror movie. Never heard of it before. Or hte Honey Badger. Maybe there are just 4.5 TRILLION different guns and platforms out there and not everyone can watch every single one of them.

EDIT - Q does ring a minor bell. Didn't he/they get into some sort of ATF snafu or something several years ago????? Something something, problem, something, neverheardaboutitagain.

I have vaguely heard of Honey Badger, probably has a lot to do with the fact I can't buy one in MA... If I could buy one I would after just now reading about it... Looks pretty sick.

Looks liker Sugar Weasel is for the poors lol

IT WAS DEVELOPED FOR AN ELITE SPECIAL OPS GROUP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw a post for this, for sale, I guess.

Is that the name of this? Who comes up with this? And why?
People.
Because they can and because it gets people talking.

You didn't start a thread asking about the other 735 rifles / lowers ... you started asking about this one because the name got your attention.

People.
Because they can and because it gets people talking.

You didn't start a thread asking about the other 735 rifles / lowers ... you started asking about this one because the name got your attention.
Isn’t that just good marketing??

I’ve spent many hours of my life in a tractor but I’ve never had the need to defend myself from anything in the fields but I do like how you work!!!

I’ve spent many hours of my life in a tractor but I’ve never had the need to defend myself from anything in the fields but I do like how you work!!!
You've never shot a yote or prairie dog from a tractor? [smile] Come on man!

Hundreds of woodchucks, a couple of coyotes, beavers and up until PA decided to remove centerfire rifles from fall turkey, turkeys.

OK, a badger is an animal, a real ferocious one at that. Is there such a thing as a "honey badger" or is this just some cutesy, catchy made up name? Well, "sugar weasel" is certainly a creative name, or maybe a kids' cereal.

Not knocking the guns themselves, as I don't know really anything about them; but they seem to have a few fans here, so that's got to count for something.

Guess you gotta give them credit for having fun.

OK, a badger is an animal, a real ferocious one at that. Is there such a thing as a "honey badger" or is this just some cutesy, catchy made up name?
Yes.
Cultural reference:

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qJF84oz93jw

Ditto. Sounds like some sort of attacking vagina from a horror movie. Never heard of it before. Or hte Honey Badger. Maybe there are just 4.5 TRILLION different guns and platforms out there and not everyone can watch every single one of them.

EDIT - Q does ring a minor bell. Didn't he/they get into some sort of ATF snafu or something several years ago????? Something something, problem, something, neverheardaboutitagain.
ATF said "your pistol is a SBR." Fast forward, and they want to say the same of all AR pistols.

OK, a badger is an animal, a real ferocious one at that. Is there such a thing as a "honey badger" or is this just some cutesy, catchy made up name? Well, "sugar weasel" is certainly a creative name, or maybe a kids' cereal.

Not knocking the guns themselves, as I don't know really anything about them; but they seem to have a few fans here, so that's got to count for something.

Guess you gotta give them credit for having fun.
Are you doubling down that you don't know a Honey Badger is real?

Back
Top Bottom