Purchasing a Firearm online?? INFO NEEDED

HOW CAN YOU PURCHASE A FIREARM ONLINE IF YOU ARE NOT A LISCENSED DEALER? CAN YOU GO TO YOUR LOCAL DEALER AND ASK THEM TO ORDER IT FOR YOU? THIS WOULD BE MY FIRST PERSONAL FIREARM SHES A BEAUTY. HAS ANYONE ELSE PURCHASED LIKE THIS?
THANKS.

Pretty much, yes.
You buy it and have it shipped to a local FFL, and then have it transfered to you.
Process will vary slightly depending on where you live.

CAN YOU GO TO YOUR LOCAL DEALER AND ASK THEM TO ORDER IT FOR YOU?

Basically, yes, but the process is usually slightly different than having the dealer 'order it'. First you talk to your local dealer and have them agree to receive the firearm for you. You then arrange the deal with the seller, send them the money and a copy of the FFL certificate from your local dealer (or have your local dealer send the cert), and the seller then ships it to your dealer. When it arrives, you go to your local dealer, pay them a transfer fee, fill out the paperwork and do the background check, and go home with your new gun.

Note that the firearm must be legal to purchase in your state. Here in MA, there are many handguns that can't be sold in the state. Having them transferred through a local dealer is not an option in this case.

Note that the firearm must be legal to purchase in your state. Here in MA, there are many handguns that can't be sold in the state. Having them transferred through a local dealer is not an option in this case.

And that goes for some rifles ("Assault Weapons")as well.

Quite right, and is one of the reasons for talking to your local FFL first. If they won't transfer it in, the game is over right there.

I've done this a few times, I recommend in MA that you talk to as many FFL's as you can, to get a concensus on what he/she will transfer in first before you go shopping, because it can vary. The process is exactly as described above. Stay away from magazines over 10 rounds in newer firearms.

Last edited:
I've done this a few times, I recommend in MA that you talk to as many FFL's as you can, to get a concensus on what he/she will transfer in first before you go shopping, because it can vary. The process is exactly as described above. Stay away from magazines over 10 rounds in newer firearms.

I live in NH. I appreciate the advice...

Back
Top Bottom