Purchased my First Shotgun!!

I call her my Zombie Persuader [smile]

But in addition to showing off my new firearm, I have a question - the box/manual says it can hold 6 - one in the chamber 5 in the tube, but I can only get 2 12ga 2 3/4in buckshot loads into the mag. The third goes in 3/4 the way... The manual says that with 3" you may not get full capacity, but what gives? Am I muddling something up?

By way of a shoutout, the guys at North Shore Firearms where I purchased this were great. He showed me how to take it apart and clean it even before I said I was interested in taking it home. Friendly guys!!!

Now, to the good stuff, the pics!
mossberg1.jpg

mossberg2.jpg

mossberg3.jpg

Its a Mossberg 500 12 ga 18" barrel TALO style with collapsible stock and breacher front.

What's with the spiked muzzle brake ?
When ya miss the bad guy with the 2 shots you can fit into it, are you supposed to stab them with the gun ?

and yes, it is nice !

You should have seen the look on my face when that stupid wooden stick fell out of the mag tube... priceless.[crying] Got the 5 rounds in the tube now though!

mossbergstick.jpg

As far as the breacher front, I guess its last ditch poke them with the spikey end -- its sharp! But from what I understand its really used to get through doors, or shoot out locks, and the perforations are to allow the gases to escape the front of the barrel so you don't go flying if you put the end of the barrel up against a door or a lock you're trying to shoot out/through.

They also use a specially designed frangible slug for breaching. Although I would not be afraid of using 00 or 000 buck for that.

They also use a specially designed frangible slug for breaching. Although I would not be afraid of using 00 or 000 buck for that.

I'm curious... sorry to hijack thread a bit, but has anyone ever gotten bored and decided they felt like shotgun breaching a door they were about to throw out?

Back to the post tho, Awesome zombie eradicator!

I was really thinking about picking one of those up and instead got an SKS for my first gun.

Now you're making me want to go spend another $300. [crying]

Those shotguns are only 300 with the stock? Where? I'll buy one right now! :)

I purchased mine yesterday for $404.99 at North Shore Firearms, Middleton. They had mossbergs for around $319 (if memory serves me right) with the same front that come with both stock and pistol grip, but not factory stock, not collapsible stock. They also had a semi auto mossy for 500 and change

So your the one who bought the other one there. [smile]
I was there today and guess what I bought, same shotgun as you!
This is my first shotgun also. Pics to come later. [smile]

I got one of these for my son-in-law - unfortunately he never got to use it - will be a nice hand-me-down toy for my 6 year old grandson!! [smile]

Back
Top Bottom