Purchased a shield at Atlantic Tactical Westwood

Just called and looks like they have changed their policy to only sell firearms to LEO and First responders. Was told they were bought by another company last week and this is the new policy.

That would explain why every branch was closed for inventory in the middle of January...
Dammit. I hope they'll still sell ammo to us poor plebes.

Are they going to put up a sign stating no peasants allowed? I mean why should LEO's have to deal with us common folk when buying their special stuff.

Just called and looks like they have changed their policy to only sell firearms to LEO and First responders. Was told they were bought by another company last week and this is the new policy.

That would explain why every branch was closed for inventory in the middle of January.

Carl (FSGuns) must be doing the dance of joy today. [wink] No more cop chain store price competition! [smile]

http://www.ammoland.com/2015/01/the-safariland-group-acquires-atlantic-tactical/#axzz3PwaEzzFw

People have to start learning that the Mom,and Pop stores are the ones that will take care of you .The chain stores will never give a shit about us.

WOW. I just picked up a shield there on Friday afternoon.

- - - Updated - - -

People have to start learning that the Mom,and Pop stores are the ones that will take care of you .The chain stores will never give a shit about us.

Acquired in 1987 by John and Karen Conville

They could have been a mom and pop....
[smile]

Acquired in 1987 by John and Karen Conville

They could have been a mom and pop....
[smile]

It's not a big chain. I think they have ~4 stores.

Sad if they only sell to LE. I know that Lenny (asst mgr) wanted to be of service to anyone who walked in and treat them differently than most cop-shops (i.e. respectfully), so this change in corporate policy certainly won't help.

Other than firearms/ammo/OC, very little else would be of interest to most non-EMS/LE folks.

This sale also means that products that compete with one of the companies owned by the conglomerate will not be sold there. That won't impress many LEOs either as they don't all like the same items and would prefer the diversity of different brands for various products.

Wow, glad i didn't snooze on the deal. I wonder if that pertains to firearms only. Saw a belt I liked last time I was in and have been wanting to go pick up.

My brother just tried to buy a shield. The DB says new owner as of last Friday , only sell to cops and 1st responders. Can you say dusche baaaags ! Oh u guys know.

Last edited:
Will they sell if you have one of these on your car? [wink]

attachment.php

Attachments

• mdjrg6FnivV4epaW88hBOjw.jpg
    mdjrg6FnivV4epaW88hBOjw.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 347
Sad if they only sell to LE. I know that Lenny (asst mgr) wanted to be of service to anyone who walked in and treat them differently than most cop-shops (i.e. respectfully), so this change in corporate policy certainly won't help.
I hope Lenny doesn't work on commission. [thinking] Things are gonna get mighty slow up there. [crying]

Got out of work earlier thinking I would go pick up a shield. Went there to find out the hard way they only sell to LEO. Can't believe I missed out on this deal.

How much money are they losing on this endeavor? Figure they sold what, close to 100 shields based on NES alone? Maybe more?

Are they now selling only to LE?
EMT's and Firefighters are First Responders too.

Glad I picked up my P938 2 weeks ago

Last edited:
My guess? This is all about not getting knocked out of the bidding for large leftist moonbat municipal & state orders. Remember that they recently lost a huge order because they sold firearms to the general public: http://bearingarms.com/jersey-city-mayor-wastes-10k-socially-responsible-police-gun-contract/

Guess they don't have to worry about that anymore. [thinking]

This actually makes a lot of sense. The guy behind the counter flat out said the only purpose of the store being there was so they could bid on MA contracts that required an in state brick and mortar presence.

The only reason i rushed to get there on Friday is i knew i was oncall this week and wouldn't have an opportunity to make the trip.

Anyone know if state law allows business to be LEO only in the first place? If not, it could make for an interesting discrimination suit.

Anyone know if state law allows business to be LEO only in the first place? If not, it could make for an interesting discrimination suit.

Really? Like there's nothing else better to put effort behind beyond some *******s who chose to do business the way they want to?

So you don't see the problem with a store saying, "Sorry we don't do business with your kind here?".

Some stores get away with only selling to trade professionals. Does law enforcement fall into that "trade professionals" category?

So you don't see the problem with a store saying, "Sorry we don't do business with your kind here?".

Some stores get away with only selling to trade professionals. Does law enforcement fall into that "trade professionals" category?

It's a business choosing who to do business with, it's their store, who the hell are you to say who they have to do sell shit to?

Back
Top Bottom