Purchased a shield at Atlantic Tactical Westwood

Really? Like there's nothing else better to put effort behind beyond some *******s who chose to do business the way they want to?

If if the state can force a baker to make a cake for a gay couple then they should have to force this store to sell to the peasants as well. What's good for the goose.

****ing hypocrites.

We don't want the government running our lives, but since we can't stop them, we want them to **** with everyone.

So done with this thread.

Had anyone actually called and confirmed LEO-only sales to be true? One guy posted one thing about hearing this--not to mention conflicting information at #149--and you guys are ready to storm the doors with torches and pitchforks. It may well be true but I'd require more than one hearsay post to assume so.

By the way, this isn't a "cop thing" coming from me. It's a "do your homework before you ferment anger" thing. Unless you're subtly hoping it's true just so you can complain, in which case, the recent 35 posts make total sense.

Had anyone actually called and confirmed LEO-only sales to be true? One guy posted one thing about hearing this--not to mention conflicting information at #149--and you guys are ready to storm the doors with torches and pitchforks. It may well be true but I'd require more than one hearsay post to assume so.

By the way, this isn't a "cop thing" coming from me. It's a "do your homework before you ferment anger" thing. Unless you're subtly hoping it's true just so you can complain, in which case, the recent 35 posts make total sense.
Looks to me like 3 different members independently confirmed it if my count is right. #149 appears to have been just a pick-up of a background check-delayed buy made before the policy change.

I can confirm from both calling the corp offices and stopping by the store. I went in looking for something and was told LEO only. I figured I would confirm and called corp customer service and they told me it went into effect yesterday at 8;30am.

I can confirm from both calling the corp offices and stopping by the store. I went in looking for something and was told LEO only. I figured I would confirm and called corp customer service and they told me it went into effect yesterday at 8;30am.

Now they can enjoy sharing a proven businesses strategy with Colt. I doubt kowtowing to a few anti municipalities bid requirements is going to make up for eliminating 25% or more of a potential customer base.

Last edited:

I spoke with Lenny who I believe is the manager or assistant manager

Yes, I only picked mine up because the bill of sale was dated last Tuesday, it was sitting for a background check.

Guys, from what I was told, they do 70% LEO, 30% commercial sales. The insurance drops considerably if they stick to LEO only, it was a business case to focus on LEO sales. I can't see a fault there, though it sucks.

I spoke with Lenny who I believe is the manager or assistant manager

Asst Mgr.

EvilDragon, interesting that insurance rates for a business like this vary for public vs. LE. Obviously the people who set those rates have never visited a police range or checked over a police station walls/ceilings/floors for bullet holes!! [shocked] [rofl]

"Conville and his management and sales teams will continue to run Atlantic Tactical following the sale, Safariland said in its release. Atlantic Tactical's daily operations will be unaffected by the deal, the release said."

Well, maybe just a little. [thinking]

It's a shame to lose Atlantic Tactical so soon after they received their FFL and got the bogus fee situation worked out, but let's put this into perspective. Those great "Grand Opening Sale" prices were going away as of this Friday regardless... that is, if they haven't already gone away under the new owner. What will their gun prices be like under the new owner? I think it is anybody's guess... but who cares if they are LEO-only prices?

So we were just temporary pawns in a much bigger chess game. Some of us scored, some of us left disappointed. But I don't think this new policy is about the cost of business liability insurance. That is awfully hard to believe. I believe this is all about conforming to the new anti-2A terms in the liberal moonbat bid rules and procurement contracts. Another subtle, quiet success for Bloomingturd & Company? I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Looks like they updated the website : https://www.atlantictactical.com/gunorderfaq
(Updated 1/27/2015)

Q: Why did Atlantic Tactical change it’s policy to only allow gun sales to Public Safety personnel?

A: Given our small volume of commercial gun sales and the high cost of liability insurance, we have decided to not renew our commercial gun dealer agreements. We will continue to do business under our Law Enforcement dealer agreements which limit sales to “Public Safety” personnel. This category includes Fire, EMS, Active and Retired Military, Licensed Security Officers, Judges, District Attorneys as well as Law Enforcement officers.

Firearm Shipping Fee: $30.00

NOTE: We do not ship firearms/weapons to California, Hawaii or Alaska.
NOTE: We will only ship ammunition to the lower 48 continental United States

Does that mean all those listed as "public safety personnel" can buy Gen 4 glocks? ... Not limited to this store, but in general? Or are Glocks only for LEOs

Safariland is a familiar name...they're generally known for making holsters and police duty belt gear.

Yes, very good quality stuff too. I wore their stuff when I worked as a PO.

Does that mean all those listed as "public safety personnel" can buy Gen 4 glocks? ... Not limited to this store, but in general? Or are Glocks only for LEOs

We call it LE discounts but actually Glock and most others call it "public safety discounts" and indeed include those other categories for the special pricing. HOWEVER, MGL ONLY allows LEOs to purchase guns not approved by the AG (who approves nothing) as meeting the AG Regs. In reality the companies self-certify that they meet the AG Regs and the AG fines them (and/or sends a cease & desist letter) if she disagrees.

So in MA, sorry to say it will only be LEOs. In Free America, it will include those other categories.

No more Safariland products for me. Let them sell guns to all the other moonbat cities in MA. Too bad, they made nice stuff.

No gun owner should support any company that accepts Jersey City style shakedown requirements. And it seems like Atlantic Tactical has planned that all slong. F them.

Last edited:
"Given our small volume of commercial gun sales and the high cost of liability insurance, we have decided to not renew our commercial gun dealer agreements."
I call BS. Total BS. Lenny told me they had sold over 150 Shields alone last time I was there (and that was a while back), essentially all non-LEO. The insurance excuse is a cute, convenient CYA. This is soooo all about not losing any more large volume sales to Bloomingturd-loving leftist moonbat municipalities & states. [angry]

No more Safariland products for me. Let them sell guns to all the other moonbat cities in MA. Too bad, they made nice stuff.

No gun owner should support any company that accepts Jersey City style shakedown requirements. And it seems like Atlantic Tactical has planned that all along. F them.
Yep... this. When Bloomingturd and his kind win, we lose. Don't want my gun business? Then I don't want your other crap either.

I call BS. Total BS. Lenny told me they had sold over 150 Shields alone last time I was there (and that was a while back), essentially all non-LEO. The insurance excuse is a cute, convenient CYA. This is soooo all about not losing any more large volume sales to Bloomingturd-loving leftist moonbat municipalities & states. [angry]

Yep... this. When Bloomingturd and his kind win, we lose. Don't want my gun business? Then I don't want your other crap either.
I actually don't think it's BS. Dealers actually have different distributers for law enforcment sales and pricing than they do for standard commerical gun sales. While I don't see it as a wise business decision, I also don't think there was some sort of huge conspiracy theory here. They're mainly a police supply store to begin with, they got bought out by a police duty gear company, and now they're streamlining their business.

It also isn't uncommon for public safety supply stores to only sell to public safety individuals as it is. I believe Andrea's (hate tht place) goes as far to post signage on the door that non-public safety customers are not welcome.

Me, I have a wife, three kids, a Mom, MIL, sister, two SIL's, a dog and a bird. I own two businesses. I have sleep apnea and generally sleep like crap.

My point? I just can't be bothered giving them one once of further consideration. It's mice nuts in the big picture of life.

The owners of the business have a right to make any policies they deem appropriate, as long as they don't run afoul of things like discrimination and such. Personally I likely would have gone there if they would sell me a firearm as I live not far away. Now I won't go there.

Here's the thing... I've seen pages upon pages of folks rightfully complaining about the government shutting down driving in this state for the storm. We as a group generally disdain government intervention in our lives. We want to have free will and the rights accorded to us by our founding fathers.

In this case we have a business that is acting according to its free will and some y'all are bitchin' about it. You really can't have it both ways.

Me... as a business owner I want as much control over my destiny as possible. Sometimes I make good decisions and sometimes I make bad decisions. And every decision I make has an impact on my income statement.

So, my friends, you should be grateful the government still allows them to make decisions like this, of their own free accord. And you should be glad that you as a consumer have a right not to shop there if you disagree with their policies.

They are not a monopoly, they're just another gun store. I'll spend my hard earned dollars where they are appreciated and the business listens to its customers.

And getting back to my first sentence... let's put this in perspective. It does not really matter...

:)

Rich

p.s. My name is Rich and I am enjoy and appreciate my freedoms!

Back
Top Bottom