Purchased a shield at Atlantic Tactical Westwood

Well, I finally made it over there late this afternoon. I opted for the nine, so now I need another set of dies and a shellplate. [rolleyes]
If the answers being offered to callers and other customers are any indication, they got more inventory.
They're out of holsters for the Shields, and out of 9mm ammo. I was told "300 holsters" and "a pallette of ammo" were on order.
I also sent another couple referrals their way, friends and even the clerk at a Dicks who indicated he wanted a Shield.

I didn't see any Colt handguns in the pistol cases at AT a week ago when I was there.

called last night and was told only 1 left and it's the safety mag, wasn't told if they were getting more in :( looks like I snoozed for too long

Bought one this week, 299, also they have the m&p 15 rifle on sale for $799 with quad rail, flip up sights, etc. And $50 off any new sig, all till 1/31

Finally got to the range with it on Saturday. I'm used to 3-4" groups at 25ft with the SR9c and G19 but I was lucky to stay on the 8x11 paper with that horrible trigger.

Dropped it off with Dave Santurri on the way home and picked it up today.

IMO the trigger went from awful to excellent. Feels more like the Ruger now. Smooth, crisp and much lighter.

I am amazed. [smile]

Finally got to the range with it on Saturday. I'm used to 3-4" groups at 25ft with the SR9c and G19 but I was lucky to stay on the 8x11 paper with that horrible trigger.

Dropped it off with Dave Santurri on the way home and picked it up today.

IMO the trigger went from awful to excellent. Feels more like the Ruger now. Smooth, crisp and much lighter.

I am amazed. [smile]

A good trigger is so worth it on the shield. Glad you like it more!

Went there with my brother yesterday and we both picked up one in 9mm. I've had a shield for 2 years already but at this price I figured why not get another. No safety this time. Never been to the shop before but it is a nice place [thumbsup]

same here, went yesterday morning and was on my way home in under an hour, shop looks good. Now can someone tell me more about Dave Sanurri and his services, kind of new to this whole thing and just doing my research now

Question, why or why not get the safety version? Is it all personal preference or is there something specific with the shield?

Has anyone asked FS or another shop to pricematch?

Personal preference. Some people can't take the extra nanosecond to flip the safety switch, or make it part of their natural holster draw.

Went tonight with a buddy who was unable to buy the Shield in 9mm. We were told you must get there before 5 o'clock if you want to purchase one even though they're open until 6. So keep that in mind everyone.

Went tonight with a buddy who was unable to buy the Shield in 9mm. We were told you must get there before 5 o'clock if you want to purchase one even though they're open until 6. So keep that in mind everyone.

I don't even care that they stop sales at 5pm...what bothered me about the whole thing was that a) they neglected to tell me that when I called to make sure they had stock available, and b) when they offered to let me fill out paperwork and return to pick up the purchase at my convenience...they literally retracted in the next sentence because I "wouldn't have enough time to fill out the paperwork before closing time". Wait, so your neglect caused me a meaningless trip to the store...and now the option you gave me is no good b/c you can't stay an extra 5 minutes to accommodate a customer??

I may return to make the purchase...but literally only because it's a great deal. May actually be a great shop and good people but I have sour grapes at least for now.

I don't even care that they stop sales at 5pm...what bothered me about the whole thing was that a) they neglected to tell me that when I called to make sure they had stock available, and b) when they offered to let me fill out paperwork and return to pick up the purchase at my convenience...they literally retracted in the next sentence because I "wouldn't have enough time to fill out the paperwork before closing time". Wait, so your neglect caused me a meaningless trip to the store...and now the option you gave me is no good b/c you can't stay an extra 5 minutes to accommodate a customer??

I may return to make the purchase...but literally only because it's a great deal. May actually be a great shop and good people but I have sour grapes at least for now.

Eh that's frustrating. In fairness, they did inform me of this policy when i called a couple weeks ago and let them know i planned to come down either before or after work. They seemed like very good guys when i was in, but I don't blame ya for being irritated.

Eh that's frustrating. In fairness, they did inform me of this policy when i called a couple weeks ago and let them know i planned to come down either before or after work. They seemed like very good guys when i was in, but I don't blame ya for being irritated.

Oh they're nice guys...not knocking the entire business, or the guys' character in general (sorry if it came across as such as I re-read the post)...I just figured at the very least they could've stayed the extra 10 minutes for the inconvenience caused by failing to give me the info.

Oh they're nice guys...not knocking the entire business, or the guys' character in general (sorry if it came across as such as I re-read the post)...I just figured at the very least they could've stayed the extra 10 minutes for the inconvenience caused by failing to give me the info.

One must realize that they are a chain, not an independent store and thus policies are NOT set by the local store management. They may be under a "out the door" at closing time policy that doesn't authorize overtime (and MGL requires non-salaried people to be paid OT, not optional). I don't know so this is speculation.

Chains are different than your LGS, where the owner may well stay a few minutes to meet up with you if you call ahead and ask. I had a small gun safe S&G lock break on me and called Eastern Security late in the afternoon . . . they offered to stay open until I got there to pick up a new S&G lock . . . just an example of a local business bending policy.

One must realize that they are a chain, not an independent store and thus policies are NOT set by the local store management. They may be under a "out the door" at closing time policy that doesn't authorize overtime (and MGL requires non-salaried people to be paid OT, not optional). I don't know so this is speculation.

Chains are different than your LGS, where the owner may well stay a few minutes to meet up with you if you call ahead and ask. I had a small gun safe S&G lock break on me and called Eastern Security late in the afternoon . . . they offered to stay open until I got there to pick up a new S&G lock . . . just an example of a local business bending policy.

Fair enough...I just wish that was conveyed to me after the guy admitted he should've given me that information when I called.

Just picked up a shield in 9mm from them yesterday. Great price and easy transaction. In and out in about 30 minutes. Great guys to deal with. Nice shop too. I will be back.

Personal preference. Some people can't take the extra nanosecond to flip the safety switch, or make it part of their natural holster draw.

It's not so much actually taking the time, but remembering to take the time, particularly under stress of a deadly force situation.

Just called and looks like they have changed their policy to only sell firearms to LEO and First responders. Was told they were bought by another company last week and this is the new policy.

Back
Top Bottom