• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

psychologist and getting your ltc

Status
Not open for further replies.
matt1956 nice edit but I'm a pacifist and I doubt you would have been able to kick my ass, I'm not the 23 year old you were, I'll defend myself but I don't assault someone for having different opinions like you would in your day.

I wanna tell you my experience with meds...I got asthma when I was about 3 years old any medicine you could name from using a nebulizer, albuterol, ventolin, advair...my asthma wasn't getting better from the meds...in fact my body became to self reliant on them that everyday around the same time my body would trigger an asthma attack like an addiction to the meds..without the quick fix inhaler I was a mess...even the sense of losing it and looking for it around my room triggered more asthma attacks.

Then I started taking advair in replace...it was a non aersol based inhaler that dispensed a powder which I hated and I still relied on my fast acting albuterol, then one day I just stopped all together, I fought through my asthma attacks with deep breathing and meditation..it was scary and hard but it worked...I don't take anything for it now...Teddy Roosevelt's father even blew cigar smoke in his face because he was born with asthma..

Excellent and congratulations! I'm very happy for you that you were able to overcome asthma. Seriously.

What does that have to do with depression or other ailments?

So, your experience with asthma medications makes you an expert on mental health and psychoactive drugs in what way, exactly?

Excellent and congratulations! I'm very happy for you that you were able to overcome asthma. Seriously.

thats the thing I'm seeing it your way..like I used videogames to release stress too but I also went to Church...I wouldn't want them to ban videogames and I hate when libs use that argument that kids who play videogames are crazy...[crying][sad]

I'm sorry everyone I'm a f***in a**h*** I didn't realize it I feel shitty.

So, your experience with asthma medications makes you an expert on mental health and psychoactive drugs in what way, exactly?

I'm not advocating taking mushrooms to help with depression, but I believe cultures and history knew what they were doing, we just are brought up in a society that says "these drugs are bad" the ones the Dr. give you are okay. Who knows, there is no study to give people mushrooms or pot to help people...for all we know hallucinating is how mans brain evolved..

My point is that I just overcomed my illness without meds and stopped my body from being so reliant on them because I knew it was taking an ill affect.

I'm not advocating taking mushrooms to help with depression, but I believe cultures and history knew what they were doing, we just are brought up in a society that says "these drugs are bad" the ones the Dr. give you are okay. Who knows, there is no study to give people mushrooms or pot to help people...for all we know hallucinating is how mans brain evolved..

I think cultures and history did the best they had with the means available to them - i.e. they muddled on as best they could. I prefer science.

Do you have any idea the amount of time and study that must be done before a drug can be brought to market?

How many years do you think it takes for a drug to go from initial target discovery to being approved by the FDA?

How much money do you think that costs?

Btw, one anecdote does not a treatment plan make.

My point is that I just overcomed my illness without meds and stopped my body from being so reliant on them because I knew it was taking an ill affect.

I understand and I'm very glad it worked out for you. What I'm asking though is what makes you think your experience with a particular disease translates to some very different diseases? If that were the case then asprin would cure cancer.

I'm just saying this society we live in is so reliant on medication that what happens when the shit does hit the fan and we're living in post nuclear apocalyptic and the bomb blew up the Phizer building...

we'll probably do exactly what other cultures used to do, grow natural drugs...

I'm just saying this society we live in is so reliant on medication that what happens when the shit does hit the fan and we're living in post nuclear apocalyptic and the bomb blew up the Phizer building...

we'll probably do exactly what other cultures used to do, smoke dope and eat mushrooms to cope with whatever we're battling. [wink]

...and live to an average age of 50.

Which is exactly why I DON'T want the shit to hit the fan. Check the mortality tables on some of those historical societies sometime.

matt1956 nice edit but I'm a pacifist and I doubt you would have been able to kick my ass, I'm not the 23 year old you were, I'll defend myself but I don't assault someone for having different opinions like you would in your day. People should be able to hold their temper...and a short temper is one thing, but a short temper with a gun is worse.

Actaully I edited it because i knew you wouldnt get my point as you didnt.

and for those that missed it, my comment was that at 23 i would have knocked him on his ass for making an arrogant comment like he did, but my age now i would no better, because i know that knocking him on his ass wouldnt make him understand the insulting comment that he just made.

as far as
I doubt you would have been able to kick my ass

not knowing me, you should simply leave that one alone.

...and live to an average age of 50.

Which is exactly why I DON'T want the shit to hit the fan. Check the mortality tables on some of those historical societies sometime.

well my dads a ww2 vet...he's not depressed but I know getting old sucks for him..your always in pain, swollen ankles and feet, the only perks he really gets anymore is when him and I smoke butts together. I realize that without science and medicine he takes that he probably wouldn't have made it this far, but is it worth living to be in pain?

Also think about Social security will get worse and worse if people start living to 100 years old...I love my elders but sometimes we need to learn to let go..

well my dads a ww2 vet...he's not depressed but I know getting old sucks for him..your always in pain, swollen ankles and feet, the only perks he really gets anymore is when him and I smoke butts together. I realize that without science and medicine he takes that he probably wouldn't have made it this far, but is it worth living to be in pain?

Would you rather have that choice or not have it?

Actaully I edited it because i knew you wouldnt get my point as you didnt.

and for those that missed it, my comment was that at 23 i would have knocked him on his ass for making an arrogant comment like he did, but my age now i would no better, because i know that knocking him on his ass wouldnt make him understand the insulting comment that he just made.

as far as

not knowing me, you should simply leave that one alone.

[laugh2]
lol I knew you were saying that you would have kicked my ass "back then" fact is I'm not like that now, but you were, you said it...maybe you still hold on to that young 23 year old "kick your ass" philosophy? Who knows [wink]

Also think about Social security will get worse and worse if people start living to 100 years old...I love my elders but sometimes we need to learn to let go..

Ask him if he's ready to die.

My dad's 85 and a WWII combat vet as well.

And as far as your last comment goes, I'd call you an a**h*** for making it but it would be a personal attack and against policy here so I won't. Also, I'm coming to realize that you can't help it.

I simply just think that you are not going to get it.

i think its great that you 'overcame' your asthma but that may have had nothing to do with giving up your medication at all as well.

your body is in a constant state of change,

there are millions of cases of people with alergies and asthma that either aquire it later in life or it subsides as they age.

this goes the same for your brain and like it or not, your mental state can have a sever reaction to your physical state.

ulcers are a perfect example.

as are many other issues.

Would you rather have that choice or not have it?

I'm for whatever is fair to all generations without leaving one with so much debt they can't enjoy life as the previous ones did...It's anyones choice to try and live as long as they can IMO, I shouldn't be able to take that from them, but when you drain my resources its not fair..

how is anyone that is paying for their own medical care with their own money and own health insurance, draining your resorces?

and are you now saying that those that bled for this country are now owned quality of life in return?

please explain... id really like to know.

You know, I recently had this thought, I am currently a LTC ALP holder, and wish in the future to expand my defense instruction to include me teaching firearm tactics and utilization. I was thinking of going to see a shrink just to give myself a check up. I tend to have a lot of nightmares and have a lot of trouble sleeping and am still pretty flinchy about some things that I think is a result of some stuff that happened when I was younger. not in a dangerous way at all, but it has bugged me for a while and was just interested to have a professional opinion buzz in on some questions I had about myself just to help me better understand myself. I opted a few months ago, not to end up speaking with someone (a friend of mines shrink had a bit of background on my thru my friend so I figured I'd say hi to her), but I am still considering it. My main reason for not going was the worry that if the information that I had gone there got out to whoever, that I would be in danger of loosing my ability to go forward on future plans of being a weapons instructor to include firearms. Thru all that has been going on. I still worry that if I went to her, she would be required thru law to give up information that I at some point had an appointment which in itself would label me unsuitable.

I simply just think that you are not going to get it.

i think its great that you 'overcame' your asthma but that may have had nothing to do with giving up your medication at all as well.

your body is in a constant state of change,

there are millions of cases of people with alergies and asthma that either aquire it later in life or it subsides as they age.

this goes the same for your brain and like it or not, your mental state can have a sever reaction to your physical state.

ulcers are a perfect example.

as are many other issues.

Too bad people don't outgrow stupidity.

Herminator, you have GOT to be trolling. Come on, admit it because if you are this has been a seriously EPIC troll.

Too bad people don't outgrow stupidity.

lol, well... I think that at some point we start to see that stuff we said/did when we were younger was just plane... well... stupid.

I can think of about 50 differnt things I did at 20 that were just plane dumb and would never do them now.

I can think of about 50 differnt things I did at 20 that were just plane dumb and would never do them now.

Remember at age 20 you are way smarter than everyone else and also invincible.

Yup... to be 20 again...

[smile]

Rich

How is that any different from someone that drinks themselves into a comma? Oh, because she is responsible enough to recognize that she is having issues dealing with a traumatic moment in her life that she sought the help of a medical professional, she now should not be allowed to carry a gun?

you really need to grow the hell up and learn that life is not all f***in kittens and roses out there.

some people go through some pretty traumatic shit in their lives and depending on how you grew up, your personallity and how you are mentally "wired" as well as what is going on in your life atm, everyone deals differently.

Personally, I grew up and always felt that therapy and needing scrips in order to deal with life was for pussies.

but you know what, with out giving you my lives details, i grew up in a really f***ed up and shitty situation. by most statisitcal accounts I should have been holding up the local liquor stores by at 14 and dealing crack by 20. but i managed to keep my shit together.

Now that Im older, a lot of those old demons tend to creep up now and then.

So after years of dealing with stress to the point where it effected me medically with stomach and other physical issues, i sought help.

I am not ashamed to admit it either. personally i think that finally having the balls to admit that i was 'in over my head' was the best thing i ever did.

now im a hell of a lot happier then i ever was and enjoy life a hell of a lot more then ever and the little shit just doesnt bother me any more.

does that mean i shouldnt have a gun?

grow up and learn that life is not all nice and neat, and yes, anyone that self medicates is a f***ing retard and definately taking the wrong path.

+100 for writing a reply post better than I ever could...hat's off to you.

You know, I recently had this thought, I am currently a LTC ALP holder, and wish in the future to expand my defense instruction to include me teaching firearm tactics and utilization. I was thinking of going to see a shrink just to give myself a check up. I tend to have a lot of nightmares and have a lot of trouble sleeping and am still pretty flinchy about some things that I think is a result of some stuff that happened when I was younger. not in a dangerous way at all, but it has bugged me for a while and was just interested to have a professional opinion buzz in on some questions I had about myself just to help me better understand myself. I opted a few months ago, not to end up speaking with someone (a friend of mines shrink had a bit of background on my thru my friend so I figured I'd say hi to her), but I am still considering it. My main reason for not going was the worry that if the information that I had gone there got out to whoever, that I would be in danger of loosing my ability to go forward on future plans of being a weapons instructor to include firearms. Thru all that has been going on. I still worry that if I went to her, she would be required thru law to give up information that I at some point had an appointment which in itself would label me unsuitable.

not to get all lame and religion on you but the best thing you can do is go to your local Church preferabbly Baptist [rockon] I think someone who understands the bigger picture then just science and college degrees, like a Pastor can be the better "shrink".

not to get all lame and religion on you but the best thing you can do is go to your local Church preferabbly Baptist [rockon] I think someone who understands the bigger picture then just science and college degrees, like a Pastor can be the better "shrink".

Ok, you have educated us on, let see... 1. Depression, 2. Wacky Tobacky, 3. The Native Americans And Their Drinking Habits, 4. Shrooms, 5. Pill Poppers, 6. Booze, 7. The National Debt, 8. Older People Are Slower Than You, And You Can Kick Some Serious Ass 9. What Is Going On In You Dads Head, and the best for last, 10. God ( A Baptist- Go Figure).

Lets condense shall we, answers to your topics 1. You have no idea what you are talking about, and it shows. 2. Yep, no doubt in my mind, your a weed freak. 3. Don't even go there kiddo, you know less about this topic, than you do about depression. 4. Are you up, or are you coming down yet? 5. If you take a multi vitamin, or any herbal suppliment, you pop pills, derrr. 6. If this is you sober, don't try this stuff, it will only get worse. 7. Sucks to be you kiddo, I didn't vote for the prick. 8. Some of us OLD people, have no problem with you believing that, I suppose after we remove our boots from your ass, and are done using your empty skull for chip dip bowl, we might see a surprised look on your face. 9. As you are well aware, OLD people don't usually share all the hainus shit they have seen in their life, with youngsters, we don't want you affraid of the closet again...... please refer to # 1 & 3 again. 10. One of these days, your going to meet someone, who is just a tad bit smarter than you are, who is not into talking so much and will send you to see your imaginary little friend a whole lot sooner than you expected. You stand fast and let the lord fight your battles, the rest of us will just have the gun on em' till he gets their.

I can not believe, that I could have been this self righteous when I was this kids age. I really need to apologize to my family. Thanks for the therapy session, kid.

Ok, you have educated us on, let see... 1. Depression, 2. Wacky Tobacky, 3. The Native Americans And Their Drinking Habits, 4. Shrooms, 5. Pill Poppers, 6. Booze, 7. The National Debt, 8. Older People Are Slower Than You, And You Can Kick Some Serious Ass 9. What Is Going On In You Dads Head, and the best for last, 10. God ( A Baptist- Go Figure).

Lets condense shall we, answers to your topics 1. You have no idea what you are talking about, and it shows. 2. Yep, no doubt in my mind, your a weed freak. 3. Don't even go there kiddo, you know less about this topic, than you do about depression. 4. Are you up, or are you coming down yet? 5. If you take a multi vitamin, or any herbal suppliment, you pop pills, derrr. 6. If this is you sober, don't try this stuff, it will only get worse. 7. Sucks to be you kiddo, I didn't vote for the prick. 8. Some of us OLD people, have no problem with you believing that, I suppose after we remove our boots from your ass, and are done using your empty skull for chip dip bowl, we might see a surprised look on your face. 9. As you are well aware, OLD people don't usually share all the hainus shit they have seen in their life, with youngsters, we don't want you affraid of the closet again...... please refer to # 1 & 3 again. 10. One of these days, your going to meet someone, who is just a tad bit smarter than you are, who is not into talking so much and will send you to see your imaginary little friend a whole lot sooner than you expected. You stand fast and let the lord fight your battles, the rest of us will just have the gun on em' till he gets their.

I can not believe, that I could have been this self righteous when I was this kids age. I really need to apologize to my family. Thanks for the therapy session, kid.

So you deny cannabis can be used medicinally?

You deny younger males are more agile and coordinated then older men..

You think Native Americans invented alcohol..

You would rather take a pill then let Jesus into your heart.

You think I voted for Obama? HA

I take vitamins? news to me..

Well thanks for your comments, but I'll never take synthetic man made drugs and I hope you still taking yours because you seem to have a lot of anger towards youth who can actually use their brain before running to the drug cabinet.

I think most,if not all on this board have read about my "problem" with the Shrewsbury police. When my lawyer and I met with the now former chief Sampson,he sent me a letter which I still have.

In that letter he states the only reason to withhold my LTC. is because I was brought to U Mass mental health. After 1.5 hours,the police picked me up and drove me home.

Former chief Sampson is also a lawyer! You would think he knows the law..[rolleyes]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom