• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PSA: iS It pRe HEaLY?

Frankly, I think that TPNES should just take this all the way and openly challenge the press conference by sending the AG's office a letter stating that he and many other's are continuing to build AR15's on new lowers and that there isn't a damn thing she can do about it because her press conference isn't written into law.

Attach a list of all of your clients to the letter and see what happens.

If nothing happens, then we're pretty much in the clear. If they come after you and your clients, then you'll win in court and a new precedent shall be set.

What's up with all these people that have been around for years, never post and now come in hot with these posts that make no sense.

“What a coincidence officer I only finished constructing that rifle moments before you arrived.”

🐯
Agreed. It's really easy to just say it was built 6 days ago and you were going to register it that evening. Unless you are a dumbass and put a picture of it on Facebook 5 months ago.

Agreed. It's really easy to just say it was built 6 days ago and you were going to register it that evening. Unless you are a dumbass and put a picture of it on Facebook 5 months ago.
Why 6 days and play it so tight to the deadline?

Last night should be good enough.

Better yet, DONT TALK TO THE POPO.

If they come after you and your clients, then you'll win in court and a new precedent shall be set.

Your faith in the MA legal system to produce justice is cute. Take a look at Draper before saying we'll win.

Do people who make AR's out of these lowers actually eFA10 them?

Some do, yes.

Pre Healey is not being ignorant, its simply a description of what time frame the lower was aquired. To some people this adds value. Others dont give a rats ass.

Whether it matters or not is still up to legal review and if ever anyone gets charged with a “post Healey” lower. Now that the supreme court has balked on any gun cases case, who knows.

You are basically selling post Healey lowers at the same price. Big deal to some who need them. Enjoy your capitalism, but where you get off telling people how to label what they want to sell after you have mile long articles on what you are selling is douchy at best.

Pre Healey is not being ignorant, its simply a description of what time frame the lower was aquired. To some people this adds value. Others dont give a rats ass.
Nope, it's a fake term made up by MA gun flipper culture types (anyone who spends enough time in the community, shall we call it, knows exactly the types I'm talking about)
to get idiots to buy their stuff. Do you have any idea how trivially easy it is for someone to fabricate a fake FA-10 or sales receipt? [rofl]

Someone in this thread invoked the term "used car salesman" - "Pre Healey" is about as "used car salesman" as it gets in this state.

Whether it matters or not is still up to legal review and if ever anyone gets charged with a “post Healey” lower. Now that the supreme court has balked on any gun cases case, who knows.

Time (and probably like 3000+ ARs registered in MA since 7/20/16) has already proven that it doesn't matter, at least not at the consumer level.

You are basically selling post Healey lowers at the same price. Big deal to some who need them. Enjoy your capitalism, but where you get off telling people how to label what they want to sell after you have mile long articles on what you are selling is douchy at best.

If you pay attention to the ads around here, and on armslist, no, he isn't. There's used crap listed for 2-4 times what his "cheap" stuff gets sold for. Or like Tier 3 or 4 shit grade rifles being
sold for 2 grand, based off meaningless "pre healey" status.

IMHO "Pre Healey" = the new "silhouette targets are illegal in massachusetts". It's a phrase that, among anyone that actually knows better, invokes things like douche chills, and the aroma of rotting garbage. Or Durian.

Pre Healey - is about as meaningful as me saying "I have this gun for sale, and I can confirm it was blessed by Jesus Christ, personally. Each shot will smite any evildoer with one hit. " [rofl]

Frankly, I think that TPNES should just take this all the way and openly challenge the press conference by sending the AG's office a letter stating that he and many other's are continuing to build AR15's on new lowers and that there isn't a damn thing she can do about it because her press conference isn't written into law.
No. Don't make it easy for her. She wants to be law enforcement, then she should do the work. Let's see how badly she wants to enforce.

Speaking solely for me...yes. multiple times in multiple calibers (4 different actually).

Have you registered any in the 5.56 variety?

Also my 2 cents with TPNES, I wanted to do a build for a long time. Never even heard of the way the whole lower thing works. Guys on here talking about doing the leg work for normal priced lowers... No idea what your talking about. I wouldn't even know where to start and ecspeically finding someone that didn't make it feel like a backdoor shady deal, secret handshake type of BS. He put his ad out I saw it and immediately jumped on it. I was happy to spend the extra money for a lower and happy to make the drive from Western MA. Almost 2 hours a way. Without his AD on the classifieds I would still be in the dark. But he was awesome. Answered all my questions, didn't make me feel like an idiot for questioning the whole Healy thing. Went there and was super friendly. In and out in 15 min. and didn't feel like a backdoor shady deal.

Then I recommend a buddy of mine to get one while there hot and guess what. We both walked out of there with a smile on our face and plans for a new build. More power too you. In today's climate and this GARBAGE state, I'm happy to pay the extra. Thought it was fair pricing and I was happy to see someone had the balls to put it out there that they are selling lowers.

If anyone wants to talk about those 40 dollar Anderson lowers I'm all ears. But I guess I gotta do the leg work for a deal that good, problem is. There's no where to start without someone offering a little help. Or you risking opening your yap to the wrong person and getting a no knock visit from the alphabet boys... I mean not really but you catch my drift.

God, why does being a gun owner in MA feel so dirty?

Anyway, just my take haha

Have you registered any in the 5.56 variety?

Also my 2 cents with TPNES, I wanted to do a build for a long time. Never even heard of the way the whole lower thing works. Guys on here talking about doing the leg work for normal priced lowers... No idea what your talking about. I wouldn't even know where to start and ecspeically finding someone that didn't make it feel like a backdoor shady deal, secret handshake type of BS. He put his ad out I saw it and immediately jumped on it. I was happy to spend the extra money for a lower and happy to make the drive from Western MA. Almost 2 hours a way. Without his AD on the classifieds I would still be in the dark. But he was awesome. Answered all my questions, didn't make me feel like an idiot for questioning the whole Healy thing. Went there and was super friendly. In and out in 15 min. and didn't feel like a backdoor shady deal.

Then I recommend a buddy of mine to get one while there hot and guess what. We both walked out of there with a smile on our face and plans for a new build. More power too you. In today's climate and this GARBAGE state, I'm happy to pay the extra. Thought it was fair pricing and I was happy to see someone had the balls to put it out there that they are selling lowers.

If anyone wants to talk about those 40 dollar Anderson lowers I'm all ears. But I guess I gotta do the leg work for a deal that good, problem is. There's no where to start without someone offering a little help. Or you risking opening your yap to the wrong person and getting a no knock visit from the alphabet boys... I mean not really but you catch my drift.

God, why does being a gun owner in MA feel so dirty?

Anyway, just my take haha

Yup and in .22lr and in 9mm and in .308

Lame. "Everyone else sucks except me, I am only charging 8x what the lower costs in a free state". But hey, free market and all so have at it. Bashing the others in the process is weak sauce at best.

Lame. "Everyone else sucks except me, I am only charging 8x what the lower costs in a free state". But hey, free market and all so have at it. Bashing the others in the process is weak sauce at best.

You should probably take the words free state out the scentance, MA is not a free state and shouldn't be compared to them. Supply and demand, and when supply is utter dog s*** or you have to jump through hoops and do super secret rub and tugs to get one and demand is high... You get lowers priced a couple hundred bucks over retail. Pocket change. Why does everyone get so butthurt. Unless your advertising your $40 dollar Anderson's, I don't see where theres room to talk.

Nope, it's a fake term made up by MA gun flipper culture types (anyone who spends enough time in the community, shall we call it, knows exactly the types I'm talking about)
to get idiots to buy their stuff. Do you have any idea how trivially easy it is for someone to fabricate a fake FA-10 or sales receipt? [rofl]

Someone in this thread invoked the term "used car salesman" - "Pre Healey" is about as "used car salesman" as it gets in this state.

Time (and probably like 3000+ ARs registered in MA since 7/20/16) has already proven that it doesn't matter, at least not at the consumer level.

If you pay attention to the ads around here, and on armslist, no, he isn't. There's used crap listed for 2-4 times what his "cheap" stuff gets sold for. Or like Tier 3 or 4 shit grade rifles being
sold for 2 grand, based off meaningless "pre healey" status.

IMHO "Pre Healey" = the new "silhouette targets are illegal in massachusetts". It's a phrase that, among anyone that actually knows better, invokes things like douche chills, and the aroma of rotting garbage. Or Durian.

Pre Healey - is about as meaningful as me saying "I have this gun for sale, and I can confirm it was blessed by Jesus Christ, personally. Each shot will smite any evildoer with one hit. " [rofl]
Jeez....I pretty much agree that pre healy is unneeded and gay. But you all really let it bother you.

All I meant is that there is hypocrisy when one guy posts mile long descriptions then busts others about using certain terms to describe their items for sale.

Whatever, peace out. I bought all my cheap pieces of Aluminum for 40 bucks each before the name Healey ever even thought about running for office. I could care less what people want to call them and pay for them nowadays.

Honestly if i were in the market id be buying 80 percents in this political climate. Any knothead with a router can pound them out cheap.

Gents (and ladies), I just want to bring to attention a public service announcement. If for some god awful reason you need to mention the words pre and Healey in the same sentence let alone at all, for the love of all that is holy at least do her the dignity of properly spelling her name. It is Maura Healey.

There is no “pre Healey” or “Healey ban”, but if for some reason you are misinformed on this and what the written law is or did not get exposed to Schoolhouse Rock on how a bill becomes a law as a child I want to correct you right now there is most assuredly no Healy Ban or pre-Healy anything. Asking if something is Healy or not, making a post about a Healy, or in any way shape or form selling a “pre-Healy” item is quite possibly the most asinine form of bending over on your knees and taking it up the ass from the state AG possible. Again for the record your honor it is Maura Healey. That is h-e-a-l-e-y.

That is all and have a lovely Father’s Day weekend.

PS: Buy Lowahs. 1-800-BUY-LOWA. 5$ from every purchase goes to Karz-4-Kidz.
i love you

I don't understand how people aren't be prosecuted for building or buying lowers and even FA-10 them. Enforcing the Massachusetts Assault Weapons Ban

Can someone enlighten me? I'm super confused (which is not unusual [laugh])
Exactly nothing to be confused about- because the attorney general’s bullshit isn’t actually the law. Dealers are only obeying it because of the obvious repercussions of administrative type persecutions by other agencies. Dealers can be shut down in this state without even being brought to court..

Exactly nothing to be confused about- because the attorney general’s bullshit isn’t actually the law. Dealers are only obeying it because of the obvious repercussions of administrative type persecutions by other agencies. Dealers can be shut down in this state without even being brought to court..

So you're saying one could buy a lower, build it, FA-10 it and no one will get a knock on their door?

So you're saying one could buy a lower, build it, FA-10 it and no one will get a knock on their door?

As I write this post I'm sure someone is probably doing that, right now. Nothing will happen. Just like it hasn't happened for the past 4 years...

"Of course I am not a lawyer and your mileage may vary. " It really comes down to this- are you part of the pant shitting hysterics crew, or not? If you
are, then I would advise you to just sell all your guns, or move out of MA. It's the only way to be devoid of any risk at all.

Back
Top Bottom