PSA: iS It pRe HEaLY?

You are stating that any FFL who wants to openly go against the press conference, while legally in the right, can still get shafted by harassment from the AG office and other state government entities, potentially have their state license revoked, and deal with court cases that would be protracted over years, very costly, and go to higher courts and even SCOTUS before resolution. How many FFLs are selling lowers? Anecdotally plenty in a hush hush fashion, but how many are advertising it to the masses? You answer your own question.

Now after stating all of that, and reading the user comments on here about paying a premium for a convenient 15 minute experience as opposed to cold calling every FFL in the state and getting rejected and ignored when asking on the forums here, you STILL think 250$ for an Anderson lower is an ass rape?

But glad “you got yours” at the price you did. f*** everyone else in the state that didn’t right? Cause 2A is about slapping Molon Labe on your beer fridge and an NRA sticker on your pickup and not about promoting ownership for new gun owners, or increasing collections for previous gun owners in our state while pushing back against the system dead set on taking them away and preventing access to good law abiding citizens. Yeah TPNES made a few bucks and posts douchey threads, but you get the pitchforks out on my operation when how many new AR lowers have been dumped into local ownership?

I think 250 for an Anderson lower is ass rape for me, yes because I have lowers. But don't put words in my mouth, I never said F everyone else nor did I imply it.

For someone that doesn't have what they want, I'm not judging the buyer or seller for paying and getting the current market price they can get for it. Whether they label it Pre Healey or not. Obviously the Healey press conference has something to do with the current market prices for MOST people not in the know.

So to ignore it, is not being realistic. If all dealers ignored it like the fiction that everyone here says it is....EVERYBODY would be buying lowers for free state prices. EVERY dealer would be transferring them. That is not the case. That is why your making 4-8X the price for a free state lower....because of Healey and because you have a set of balls to sell them when most dealers do not. I have no pitchforks out on your operation.....good for you if you can make a buck off the current market. Good for you for getting aluminum out there.

You sir, are truly a piece of shit.

Assuming you're just trying to take attention away from your own scummy antics by posting how others are 'wrong' or 'unjust' by how they label THEIR overpriced wares...ads that they paid good money to post here. Meanwhile, the overpriced garbage you're peddling is somehow ok (by you) because you don't put a properly spelled name in your ad title?

Mind your own business and go f*** yourself.

Love,
The people of NES

P.S. I think I speak for a silent majority here. If i'm wrong, i'm sure they'll let me know.
You don't speak for me. If you don't like how these folks do business, then go Four Seasons, and see if you can get something comparable there. These guys are doing the lords work, and personally I appreciate it.

You don't speak for me. If you don't like how these folks do business, then go Four Seasons, and see if you can get something comparable there. These guys are doing the lords work, and personally I appreciate it.

It's still a free country, so keep sucking up...maybe eventually they'll give you a discount in trade for a 'handy' or two (your 'God' gave you two hands, after all...might as well use them)? There are other avenues for getting your wares at regular prices. If you want to continue lining his pockets for not actually doing anything extra, by all means, you do you. CAPITALISM RULES! Create the illusion that you're the only option and THEN...PROFIT!

Meanwhile, Jay01930 is actually wondering if he can get a discount.

It's still a free country, so keep sucking up...maybe eventually they'll give you a discount in trade for a 'handy' or two (your 'God' gave you two hands, after all...might as well use them)? There are other avenues for getting your wares at regular prices. If you want to continue lining his pockets for not actually doing anything extra, by all means, you do you. CAPITALISM RULES! Create the illusion that you're the only option and THEN...PROFIT!

Do you really think I can get a handy? I'd be pretty happy about that!

Can’t figure out if you’re a hater or just poor. Probably both.

Can’t figure out if you’re a hater or just poor. Probably both.

Now we're (attempting to) poor shame people?

Grow up. Take a good long look at yourself and tell me you think that's ok. You should call your mom and tell her she failed you.

And to answer your question, I'm free and I don't approve of your bullshit. Period. If other people want to buy your garbage, that's on them. I'm glad SOMEONE is providing what the people want...just not too keen on you jerk-offs trying to shame everyone else trying to sell their stuff while blatantly gouging for your own wares and claiming you support the 2A community.

Now now gentlemen. Let’s not go and get a fun and light hearted satire thread closed by making it a toxic dumpster fire. 76 didn’t you just sell some beat crap “pre Healey” for 3 grand or something and you’re on here telling people 250 is a gouge for a lower? Haha get out bro, those who scream the loudest did the least as they say.... could be wrong since I don’t pay too close attention to garbage ads but it was one of the haters’ for sale.

If you can get it then you can sell it.

During the Sandy Hook Panic, I sold a DPMS Sportical OR slick side complete upper - 14.5 pinned welded with a 13 inch no name quad rail (with cut out for the railed gas block) to some guy on GB for $1,300. I might have included MBUS sights and PA red dot as well but still....not even close to be worth $1300 for that upper lol

So I just want to make sure my understanding is correct here as it pertains to lowers and Healey and this seems like the thread to do it... If I buy a recently manufactured stripped lower from an FFL it is not actually a firearm per the definition in MA state law. Once I furnish said lower and combine it with an upper into a functional rifle then it is a firearm. At that point what is it I've got to hang my hat on legally? That an Anderson AM-15 not a carbon copy duplicate of the Colt AR-15 with it's factory flash suppressor and bayonet lug and doesn't otherwise have 2+ evil features, thereby making it not an assault weapon per the law if taken literally? Regardless, her definition of what constitutes a copy as defined in her grand old day at the podium I recognize is not law, but says how she would act based on her "interpretation" , which basically leaves me vulnerable to unjust prosecution and potential abortion of law at the hands of a judge who doesn't believe in the letter of the law? And that's all provided I either do some dumb shit that causes my rifle to be evaluated by law enforcement or they just decide to go after anyone doing this based on registrations/transfers? Will there be anything in the FA-10 that would give away the configuration outside of "it's a 5.56 rifle" that could cause future scrutiny? I'm a bit new to all of this but not a moron, I just want to understand where I/we stand if we do new lower builds in MA.

At that point what is it I've got to hang my hat on legally? That an Anderson AM-15 not a carbon copy duplicate of the Colt AR-15 with it's factory flash suppressor and bayonet lug and doesn't otherwise have 2+ evil features, thereby making it not an assault weapon per the law if taken literally? Regardless, her definition of what constitutes a copy as defined in her grand old day at the podium I recognize is not law, but says how she would act based on her "interpretation" , which basically leaves me vulnerable to unjust prosecution and potential abortion of law at the hands of a judge who doesn't believe in the letter of the law?

If you're that afraid of Maura's bullshit, then don't buy a lower. It's literally that simple. Everyone has their own risk tolerances. You do you. The other thousands of people that bought ARs
and lowers after 7/20/16 that never got prosecuted for violating a law that doesn't exist, , all while obeying the actual MA AWB, will keep doing their thing, likely just fine, too.

ETA: I find it amusing that you're trying to "hang your hat" on something on MA gun law, I could write a 3 page long post about how something could go horribly wrong with a whole bunch of
commonly accepted interpretations of MA gun law, but I won't. Absolutely nothing is certain in this state, other than death and taxes, basically.

Last edited:
If you're that afraid of Maura's bullshit, then don't buy a lower. It's literally that simple. Everyone has their own risk tolerances. You do you. The other thousands of people that bought ARs
and lowers after 7/20/16 that never got prosecuted for violating a law that doesn't exist, , all while obeying the actual MA AWB, will keep doing their thing, likely just fine, too.

ETA: I find it amusing that you're trying to "hang your hat" on something on MA gun law, I could write a 3 page long post about how something could go horribly wrong with a whole bunch of
commonly accepted interpretations of MA gun law, but I won't. Absolutely nothing is certain in this state, other than death and taxes, basically.
So way to treat me like a child without actually answering the questions I posed. Clearly you have no problem "doing you." I'm just trying to understand the intricacies so I can make a calculated decision and you have to take it to treating me like a coward and shit talking Maura instead of being direct. If someone asks "what specific concerns do I need to consider?" the appropriate response is not "either have concerns or don't buy" unless your goal is to continue maintaining the "wizard behind the curtains" mentality of firearms ownership in MA.

Last edited:
Not to mention if I were to get a lower for a bolt action setup which is perfectly legal and after doing more reading there's nothing on the FA-10 to indicate that my setup isn't just that. Therefore it would take valid cause to physically inspect my weapon to even bring the Healey shit into question. That's more useful info than "don't buy one if yer skurred"

Last edited:
Not to mention if I were to get a lower for a bolt action setup which is perfectly legal and after doing more reading there's nothing on the FA-10 to indicate that my setup isn't just that. Therefore it would take valid cause to physically inspect my weapon to even bring the Healey shit into question. That's more useful info than "don't buy one if yet skurred"

I believe there is a field to indicate if it is a "Large capacity weapon" which you can indicate "no" to if it is "any weapon that operates by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action" you may not do so for a semi-auto AR configuration without a fixed ≤10 round magazine.

So I believe you are incorrect and there is an indicator of a difference, at least as far as I know.

Not that I would care because again the law is the law, I would build out my rifle and move on, but I am not sure what it is that you are looking for here.

Good luck with that whole "hat hanging" thing.

🐯

P.S.> Folks should not forget that knobgobbler Linsky is trying to insert the term "Assemble" into the law.

When does the current session end? Tic Toc!

FFLs selling a stripped lower are not at risk of the Healy edict - it's not a firearm. But joe schmoe taking that lower and building it up? He will be dead meat if caught. At least with a pre-Healy lower you have a case that it was owned all along. Or a document that says so. Take one manufactured last year you have absolutely no defense.

And maybe none of this matters when MA finally passes another assault weapons ban. It will be like NYS and they all will have to go - big fire sale.

I believe there is a field to indicate if it is a "Large capacity weapon" which you can indicate "no" to if it is "any weapon that operates by manual bolt, pump, lever or slide action" you may not do so for a semi-auto AR configuration without a fixed ≤10 round magazine.

So I believe you are incorrect and there is an indicator of a difference, at least as far as I know.

Not that I would care because again the law is the law, I would build out my rifle and move on, but I am not sure what it is that you are looking for here.

Good luck with that whole "hat hanging" thing.

🐯

P.S.> Folks should not forget that knobgobbler Linsky is trying to insert the term "Assemble" into the law.

When does the current session end? Tic Toc!
In reading that it sure looks like they're trying to use other language to get rid of lowers all together because of their "potential"

FFLs selling a stripped lower are not at risk of the Healy edict - it's not a firearm. But joe schmoe taking that lower and building it up? He will be dead meat if caught. At least with a pre-Healy lower you have a case that it was owned all along. Or a document that says so. Take one manufactured last year you have absolutely no defense.

And maybe none of this matters when MA finally passes another assault weapons ban. It will be like NYS and they all will have to go - big fire sale.
I'm not familiar with what happened in NYS, did they make it so even previously legal firearms were now illegal and must be sold/surrendered, or do they have "preban" allowances?

You're being facetious right? Please god tell me you are; for the sake of all that is right and proper???

Last edited:
So way to treat me like a child without actually answering the questions I posed. Clearly you have no problem "doing you." I'm just trying to understand the intricacies so I can make a calculated decision and you have to take it to treating me like a coward and shit talking Maura instead of being direct. If someone asks "what specific concerns do I need to consider?" the appropriate response is not "either have concerns or don't buy" unless your goal is to continue maintaining the "wizard behind the curtains" mentality of firearms ownership in MA.

The longer you are on here, the thicker your skin will get...you just gotta roll with it.

The longer you are on here, the thicker your skin will get...you just gotta roll with it.
I mean I get that, but the one thing owners can do is try to help educate each other since we're all in the same boat, and the more people rowing in the same direction the further we get. Talking down to me while I try to understand in full clarity what is going on helps nothing. I'm just trying to make an educated and calculated decision, but that doesn't mean I am afraid nor willing to comply with things other than the law. What I am trying to get at in total is if you own something that per the letter of the MGL is legal since it's not a duplicate of a banned weapon, but then the AG prosecutes owners in this particular situation (which I know is remote but not impossible), what potential defense could you mount? It really seems like it boils down to how a judge/jury would define "duplicate or copy" and if that aligns with what the AG is saying, beyond the burden that the actual prosecution/trial would bring either way (good ol' executive terrorism in my mind).

A new thread is started weekly on this.

But, why would you care if he bashes Maura ?

Here's a question: Are we required by law to update/re-register a firearm if we make changes to it that change registered facts? IE- you buy a Sig P320 compact in 9mm compact. You then buy a grip module, barrel, slide, and magazine for the .45acp version. You drop your FCU, which has your serial, into the new combo. Your formerly 9mm P320 is now a .45 P320. Do you need to update that? The reason I ask, is couldn't one finish a stripped lower into a functional bolt action rifle with one of the complete uppers they sell, register it lawfully, and then make changes to it? couldn't they sell these in complete compliance as well? Uppers can be shipped in from anywhere.

Last edited:
A new thread is started weekly on this.

But, why would you care if he bashes Maura ?
I only care if it comes at the expense of a thoughtful and relevant response. Otherwise bash away. I am no fan of zealous public officials, they are there to serve, not to dictate. They should be nothing more than a megaphone for the people and protectors of enshrined rights. Also, I'm fairly new to the forums, so I haven't had an opportunity to participate in those conversations, and I tried to keep it in a fairly recent and relevant one so I wouldn't immediately be "that new guy" with my first thread.

Here's a question: Are we required by law to update/re-register a firearm if we make changes to it that change registered facts? IE- you buy a Sig P320 compact in 9mm compact. You then buy a grip module, barrel, slide, and magazine for the .45acp version. You drop your FCU, which has your serial, into the new combo. Your formerly 9mm P320 is now a .45 P320. Do you need to update that? The reason I ask, is couldn't one finish a stripped lower into a functional bolt action rifle with one of the complete uppers they sell, register it lawfully, and then make changes to it? couldn't they sell these in complete compliance as well? Uppers can be shipped in from anywhere.

There's no need to update the paperwork.

Back
Top Bottom