Propsed changes to MGL Chapter 140 Sec 123-269 Bill # H.2125

I’m writing you all tonight to make you aware of a new bill being prepared for introduction sometime in the future. Since Romney will not run again and many Democrats and Anti-Gun Groups are feeling comfortable that AG Thomas Riley will get elected they are about to wage another war on our Second Amendment Rights.

This is an EARLY draft – and yes – it’s real. (http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/ht02/ht02125.htm) We can no longer stand idly by while our rights are being stripped from us by those who (wrongly) believe they are doing something positive.

This bill has at the moment been sent back to "Committee" for further changes/review (most likely even worse than this) prior to its introduction and the actual final bill number is most likely going to change.

Plans are being made to fight this, but I have nothing definitive to offer at this point. The #1 goal is to ensure this bills defeat by waging a campaign against electing Thomas Riley and then vote out the sponsors of this bill. We will also need to involve the NRA, GOAL, all are Shooting Clubs in MA, and Retailers that would be greatly impacted by this should it become law.

The sky isn't falling, this comes up every session and it goes no where. This is one of the first times they were all put together into one bill. If all the individual parts were shot down repetitively over the years take a guess at what one bill with all of them would do.

Think crash and burn. This is not something to worry about. Spend the calls on the target bill H.4552
http://www.mass.gov/legis/bills/house/ht04/ht04552.htm or if you so wish:

that blasted seat belt law:

http://northeastshooters.com/viewtopic.php?t=4122

Sorry I can't find the text of this law, but there is the NES link.

I'm not sure I agree with you, but please provide some proof of your statements that "it comes up..and is shot down".

The moment you put your guard down is the moment you'll end up where you didn't want to be.

What is incredibly troublesome to me is that while the Nation is focused on Iraq and Terrorism both home and abroad. Meanwhile, this country is under attack daily by those who call themselves US Citizens who have an axe to grind against their fellow US Citizen by taking their rights away. Every law that is passed - you and I loose more rights and privileges.

We need to focus more here at home on these issues and that means turning off the TV and taking action. (Write, Call, Vote!)

The thing is this. If we grow complacent in that it will be shot down we will have NO ONE to blame but ourselves for it passing since 'we don't bother because its always shot down in the past.'

Letting your rep know you read how they vote etc goes a long way.

While I understand what Sean was saying (when it's in committee that usually means death knell), I also agree that we should let our reps and sens know we don't like it. That shows them that we ARE watching what they're doing, and, it is a voting year.

You might also want to point out that all of our guns are already on file with the state (the infamous FA-10) and it's not needed. This is simply another way for those who are against the Bill of Rights to impede on our rights as lawful citizens of this state. (Hint - when speaking or writing to you rep. etc. do not use "anti-gun" - be sure to use "anti-self defense", "anti Bill of Rights", etc.)

Back
Top Bottom