Proposal to come before Lexington Town Meeting

No, towns can't pass laws which deregulate or are less strict than current state law.

Isn't following the Constitution MORE STRICT than current law?

I like the idea about current market value. Heck, add a fee, and make it double market value for the intrusion!

Isn't following the Constitution MORE STRICT than current law?
I like the idea about current market value. Heck, add a fee, and make it double market value for the intrusion!

I guess here you should make it more specific than the Constitution to be consider MORE STRICT. E.g. define what kind of weapon should be Allowed (not Banned) under what condition. Under what condition, citizen should be issued license. etc.

I guess here you should make it more specific than the Constitution to be consider MORE STRICT. E.g. define what kind of weapon should be Allowed (not Banned) under what condition. Under what condition, citizen should be issued license. etc.

In Mass we already have that, with the EOP's list and the AG's list you are told what guns you are allowed to have, same with licensing.

In Mass we already have that, with the EOP's list and the AG's list you are told what guns you are allowed to have, same with licensing.

I mean at town level. Add to the town bylaw about which should be allowed, instead of banned. Because town bylaw can be more restrict than the state law, EOP's list and the AG's list may not hold water for this matter.

I think we should be looking at filing articles which forbid said city/town from passing any law which affects the Second Amendment and are more strict than state law.

That could be done and would be legal.

I think we should be looking at filing articles which forbid said city/town from passing any law which affects the Second Amendment and are more strict than state law.

That is called Preemption and I already wrote John Rodgers and Jim Timilty to tell them that they need to file that

The only way that could be done, is through the state legislature.

Good luck with that one ever happening in a state that not that long ago, gave police chiefs discretionary authority over all firearms licenses.

Not to derail this thread, but this got me thinking: would a federal ban on gun buybacks prevent an Australia-type of confiscation?

That would likely be in violation of the 10th amendment.

I mean at town level. Add to the town bylaw about which should be allowed, instead of banned. Because town bylaw can be more restrict than the state law, EOP's list and the AG's list may not hold water for this matter.

Correcting the EOP and AG stuff should be part of the same bill, or package of bills. We need to keep hitting them from every front!

B-I-N-G-O !!!!!!

The only way that could be done, is through the state legislature.

Good luck with that one ever happening in a state that not that long ago, gave police chiefs discretionary authority over all firearms licenses.

That would likely be in violation of the 10th amendment.

Really?
2e0ad81.jpg

Bump.

I've heard from a few Lexington residents who have contacted their town meeting members and both meeting members indicated that they will support the ban.

If you live in Lexington please be sure to meet with your town meeting member, face to face.

The communications that I have seen have both shown a poor understanding of our Second Amendment on the part of those who will be voting.

This needs to be addressed.

The belief that these type of firearms are not used for hunting and recreation purposes is a misunderstanding I've seen from a couple of the town meeting members.

They seem to have fallen for the propaganda. Despite the fact that ar15s have been flying off the shelves, and are probably among the most popular firearms in America, they have convinced themselves that "normal" gun owners would not be affected by this.

Gun owners / Normal

Do they often meet in the same sentence? [rofl]

It seems like they often do from the mouths of gun control advocates. Well I got the words slightly mixed up - "normal", "ordinary", same difference. The trick they try to play on the uninformed is they make up their own definition of what constitutes a reasonable/normal/ordinary gun owner - despite the fact that they are completely out of touch with the subject matter.

Rotberg, in his proposal, tries to convince himself and others that his "proposed amendment ... would in no way affect ordinary gun or hand-gun ownership in Lexington"

How can ownership of a class of firearms, which includes some of the most popular in the country, and which our license (LTC-A) explicitly permits us to posses, not be ordinary or normal?

Last edited:
Excellent analysis, thank you GOAL! - it's good to remind people of MA General Laws too:

Section 2. The militia of the commonwealth shall consist of: (i) all able-bodied citizens and all other able-bodied persons who have declared their intention to become citizens of the United States, between the ages of 18 and 45, and who are residents of the commonwealth; and (ii) such other persons who, upon their own application, enlist or are commissioned pursuant to this chapter, subject to exemptions created by law.

https://malegislature.gov/Laws/GeneralLaws/PartI/TitleV/Chapter33/Section2

Great effort but someone with a solid grasp of grammar and punctuation should give this document a look-over. Lexington moonbats will focus on grammar errors as proof of lack of credibility of the source.

Last edited:
Mike,

Some comments on GOAL's memo:

- Some/many of the list of licensing requirements seem to be Lexington-specific, yet the list is prefaced with a statement that seems to imply that the entire list is true across the street.
- 7. Not all state mandated courses are NRA courses, I suggest dropping "NRA" from that list.
- 13. Not widely known/understood but every time someone does the eFA-10/MIRCS (dealer) transfer, it also does a state background check automatically. You might want to add "& state" after "federal" in this statement.
- Maybe you want to add this and perhaps not, but every day anyone who appeared in any MA court on criminal charges generates a "subsequent activity" report directly to the PD who issued any LTC or FID to this person as either a warning (for suitability potential suspension/revocation) or mandatory suspension/revocation for events that make one a prohibited person. [Out of state arrests/court activity will not show up this way however, which might be why you may not want to add it to the list.]
- You might want to make people think and add something like this after the last sentence in the memo "What right might be next to face restrictions?"

When writing Town Meeting Members, please don't do it anonymously. Somebody recently did, and it did our cause more harm than good.

Back
Top Bottom