• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

problems with crossbreed

Hey guys anyone else have problems with the crossbreed holster company? I have been attempting to contact them but the phone is never answered and emails are always kicked back.

Really? I called them a week or two ago, they didn't pick up but they called back right after with the info I was looking for.

I sent them an email once and had a response in about a day or so.

I've always gotten 1-2 day max e-mail turn around - check the address you're sending your emails to...

well, funny that I find this... so, I ordered a Supertuck on 5/18, and I got 4 emails following me placing the order. The 1st was a new user registration email, the 2nd and 3rd were receipts, just different styles (not sure why), and the 4th and last said only this: Thank you for contacting us, due to the current high volume of inquiries please allow 24-48 hours for a response.

So I did just that, and waited till this afternoon, at which point I called, got a menu, and when I made my selection, got a message asking me to leave a vm with my info and that they would call me "at our earliest convenience". I of course left them all my info expressing my wish to know what the deal is with my order. Sure enough the week's over and now I have to see if I hear from them Monday.

I currently cannot carry my M&P9 until I get my hands on a holster. Thinking maybe I should have went with the Minotaur.

well, funny that I find this... so, I ordered a Supertuck on 5/18, and I got 4 emails following me placing the order. The 1st was a new user registration email, the 2nd and 3rd were receipts, just different styles (not sure why), and the 4th and last said only this: Thank you for contacting us, due to the current high volume of inquiries please allow 24-48 hours for a response.

So I did just that, and waited till this afternoon, at which point I called, got a menu, and when I made my selection, got a message asking me to leave a vm with my info and that they would call me "at our earliest convenience". I of course left them all my info expressing my wish to know what the deal is with my order. Sure enough the week's over and now I have to see if I hear from them Monday.

I currently cannot carry my M&P9 until I get my hands on a holster. Thinking maybe I should have went with the Minotaur.

From the FAQ: (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/FAQs/tabid/54/Default.aspx)
How do you ship and how long does it take?

Answer:

Please allow 3-4 weeks for delivery. We are a small shop and make them by hand. Thanks for your patience and understanding. All orders are shipped via US Mail.

As of right now it's 8:38am on 5/22, so it's been less than four days.... Did you expect them to over night it to you? It took a couple of weeks for mine to be delivered. Patience.....

Last edited:
From the FAQ: (http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/FAQs/tabid/54/Default.aspx)

As of right now it's 8:38am on 5/22, so it's been less than four days.... Did you expect them to over night it to you? It took a couple of weeks for mine to be delivered. Patience.....

I ordered mine last year and it took 4 weeks to arrive. Just ordered one in middle of February and it took 4 weeks to arrive. They are a very small shop, but the wait is worth it.

They have always been good with me, have a couple of their supertucks and one of them had the hardware showing wear and I emailed him about it and two days later ended up sending me replacement parts and to my surprise, no charge to me too :)

I believe First Defense in Uxbridge and Bob's Gun & Archery Pro Shop in Webster have these in stock.

Took exactly four weeks for my supertuck to arrive. That time frame was expressed on their website and in my confirmation emails. It was well worth the wait, I can carry my 5" 1911 no problem under only a t-shirt. I did have to modify the holster a little, as I could move in certain ways and release the magazine.

I think you misunderstood me, I have read the timeframe info on their website, what I meant is, that the 4th email lead me to believe I am to wait to hear from them in regards to my order within 24-48 hours. If I didn't get that email then I would have assumed that all is well with my order and that I'd get my holster within 3-4 weeks.

I believe First Defense in Uxbridge and Bob's Gun & Archery Pro Shop in Webster have these in stock.

wow .... they're 15 minutes away from my house (First Defense).... I should have checked I guess, I just assumed CBH is a small operation and wouldn't have dealers.

wow .... they're 15 minutes away from my house (First Defense).... I should have checked I guess, I just assumed CBH is a small operation and wouldn't have dealers.

If it's easier/possible just go buy one at First Defense (if they have any available) so you can start carrying, and either cancel your order or just return it when it arrives.

I ordered four supertucks for my wife and I along with belts on 5/1/10. I called Friday (number on website, chose option for order inquiry, 3 I think) and got a person right away on phone. She said my order would be made mon/tues and shipped out mid-week, this coming week which would be 4 weeks from my order date. She said they have been very busy. I would not count on getting your holster for 4-5 week from the day you placed your order.

If it's easier/possible just go buy one at First Defense (if they have any available) so you can start carrying, and either cancel your order or just return it when it arrives.

I think I will. Going to see Dennis wed/thurs (they're on vacation this week) for a .22. I'll see what they got for holsters.

So as of today it has been 8 days since I've put in the order and received an email saying I'd hear from them in the next 24-48 hours. It has been 5 days (including 2 weekend days that obviously are irrelevant) since I've called and left a voice mail asking for an order status seeing how I got an email saying "Thank you for contacting us, due to the current high volume of inquiries please allow 24-48 hours for a response.". I'm going to First Defense tonight, they should be back from vacation. I'm going to pick up a Walther P22 for the fiancee and see what they got for holsters.

I got the same series of emails. 1 Confirming my order, 1 saying to expect 3-4 weeks for delivery , and 1 saying due to high volume expect a 24-48 delay in hearing from them.

These all came within 3 minutes of me placing my order.

I never heard from them, but the holster showed up in 4.5 weeks no problems.

This is my first holster so I don't have anything to compare it to, but so far I don't have any reason to complain and it is comfortable.

Yeah that last email leaves you waiting like a kid for Santa, then nothing. But it came in just a few days over the promised delivery time.

Glad I replied, I just saw my profile and see that my membership has expired. I thought I renewed? Better go check the bank account and send a check of to Derek if I didn't already.

Go to First response and get a second one. I'm already contemplating this as I find one set of clips works better with one of my belts and another with a different one. It is easy to change but a bit of a hassle. Better add that to the wish list.

Did you order it is Cow or Horsehide? Mine is cow, but I wonder what the horsehide feels like.
It is very comfortable!

I got cowhide too, I'll see what First Defense has, maybe check out the horsehide see what that feels. I'm leaving my credit cards behind lol

Back
Top Bottom