Problem with my Glock

Have you tried a regular conical shaped bullet? I know you mentioned before that you were using the flatheads. The tightness of the magazine and the bullet could be causing the issue.

If it's a .40 S+W, there is no such thing as a "conical" bullet, because the bullets would not fit in the magazine. .40s and 10mms are all flat heads (rather, truncated cone) or hollowpoints. Besides, they should work properly in the gun anyways.

-Mike

typically you do not load this way,but try this, put one round in the mag with slide closed, I bet it opens! jim

Detroit Glock 22

I bought a never issued Detroit Glock 23 and it came with two (2) new hi cap preban mags. As soon as I got it, I loaded up the preban hi caps and shot 100+ rounds with no problems. If the distrubutors didn't take the original G22 15 round preban mags from these guns, this problem might not have come up. Wonder where they all ended up?

If it's a .40 S+W, there is no such thing as a "conical" bullet, because the bullets would not fit in the magazine. .40s and 10mms are all flat heads (rather, truncated cone) or hollowpoints. Besides, they should work properly in the gun anyways.

-Mike

Mike, I'm going to have to double check, but I'm 95% sure that my Federal .40 S&W ammo is conical.

Qoute:
" And nt just for Glocks, but it is difficult with MOST semi-autos in this manner."

Was waiting for someone to post this... Most new semi-auto magazines have this issue, you need to go the GYM more often or drink more milk and eat some more wheaties.... Hey, try a can of Spinach, worked for Popey....

~Drew

Mike, I'm going to have to double check, but I'm 95% sure that my Federal .40 S&W ammo is conical.

If by conical you mean the "nose is round" it's not. It has a flat tip on it or a hollowpoint. If someone makes a truly "conical" (eg, like a 9mm or .45 FMJ profile) bullet, it would have to be way way reduced in bullet weight to fit into the case and it would look really bizarre. If you had a conical profile bullet that was 165 or 180 grains in weight the OAL of the cartridge would be too long to fit in the mag.

Anyways, my point is, nearly every bullet in .40 S+W has a very similar profile... and a gun like a G22 should eat -anything- out there that is commercial spec .40 FMJ/TC or .40 JHP.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom