Prep of The Day Thread

You can also order online. I just orders 7 boxes of stuff, from beans to onions and they delivered right to my door. Probably 60lbs of food (the boxes of beans are heavy and I got 3 boxes)

Shipping cost? $3. God must be chipping in on the fuel costs.

They’re hands down the best bet for near to long term storage foods at a reasonable cost right now.

Theyre asking me for a church account number (i think) last time I tried to order

eta- membership record number

eta again- nvm lmao, theres a box for "Im not a church member". Im an idiot [laugh]

You can also order online. I just orders 7 boxes of stuff, from beans to onions and they delivered right to my door. Probably 60lbs of food (the boxes of beans are heavy and I got 3 boxes)

They’re hands down the best bet for near to long term storage foods at a reasonable cost right now.

I think the cost per can is more when ordering online.

your absolutely right though, it is the best deal for the items they carry. They view it as a ministry and don’t make a profit on it so that is how they keep the costs low.

I think the cost per can is more when ordering online.

your absolutely right though, it is the best deal for the items they carry. They view it as a ministry and don’t make a profit on it so that is how they keep the costs low.

I’ve been stacking and storing food since 2013. Freeze dried meat has gone through the roof. Matter of fact all the freeze dried stuff has since Covid.

I wish I had taken the initiative to order from them sooner.

Not only is this a prep to eat, it’s a hedge against inflation for me.

That works too. The only issue is if there are pantry moth eggs in the rice then they will hatch out in the jars. I have all of my long term stored rice in mylar bags with 02 absorbers. You can try dry canning to hopefully kill the eggs and get a vacuum seal.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIS44IKccbo

How about in closed glass jars, inside an opaque plastic tub?
That would work for much longer than just the store bag it comes in, but nowhere as long as the mylar bags, Ox absorbers and 5-gal sealed buckets.
I think it would be good in the short term.

Another method that can be successful is... storing rice and grains in well-cleaned 2-liter bottles. Those should fit well in a plastic tub like a Rubbermaid or such.

There is also an advantage to smaller containers vs. 5-gal buckets when it comes to breaking the seal...

Last edited:

Who did they use for shipping? I didn't find anything on their website regarding how they ship/deliver - USPS, UPS, FEDEX etc..

On Brooks St? Can anyone go there? I figured you had to be a Mormon.
Yeah. I just told them the closest I've come to their church was skiing in Utah. :)

Anyone can go. Nice people. CC only right now.
look At the days and hours. Short windows of time.
right now they are the best deal for the basics. and most of you guys live there!
prices are great.
Yup, they are certainly nice enough, and helpful.

Thursdays and Saturdays 9:00 AM until noon.

Amazon has then but the delivery time is 1-3 weeks...

Black Steel Drum 55 Gallon Closed-Top | Durable and Dependable for Your Solids and Non-Water Based Liquids Amazon product ASIN B07B661HBYView: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07B661HBY/ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_i_8PFDNGXY43WGDB3G9YF9

I'm trying to find some used ones I can pickup within reasonable distance. Even if I have to clean them out.

We just had oil delivered. We were lucky and scheduled last week due to Ukraine. Got them to lock the price at 3.69. It's well over $4 if you called today....

In an EMP event, solar panels will be the first and most extreme casualties.
Tests show the panels themselves generally survive but with output cut dramatically and the wiring and connections are the weak points.

If you can, pick up some faraday solar panels bags and protect them and the cables/electronics.

One of the most important of all Preps... Knowledge.

Pick up emergency medical, water purification, food preservation, homesteading, general maintenance books and of course above all: a King James Holy Bible.

It's never too late to put your trust in God.

One of the most important of all Preps... Knowledge.

Pick up emergency medical, water purification, food preservation, homesteading, general maintenance books and of course above all: a King James Holy Bible.

It's never too late to put your trust in God.

Amen My Friend

If You Put Your Faith and Trust in God and He Will Never Turn You Away

Back
Top Bottom