• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prep of The Day Thread

Diatribe incoming and I mean no disrespect but I just watched this episode last night.

Excellent idea and I wish I had time (and the lil wood grater) but if Paul Harrell taught me anything, it’s just buy some fire starting crap. If someone has the time to do it and actually does, that stuff looks awesome. For my time and money though I have to buy premade stuff. For $10-$20/$30 you can buy 3 different packs of chemical crap that’s impervious to water you can put a few of each in your kit (contingency) with waterproof matches and a ferro rod to get the job done.

I tried to take dryer lint and saw dust and wax and put it in egg cartons and I just made a mess and pissed my wife off. For everyone that can pull it off, my hat’s off to you. For everyone else, just spend some money.

Edit- also, just buy some lighters and stash them everywhere. Cold affects butane, but if it’s on your body, a bic lighter is going to light.

View: https://youtu.be/fs8g8yK0Se8?si=zK7ZAo_X0kfBakLD

Back
Top Bottom