• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Prayer request: Medic down

Just before Thanksgiving he slipped getting out of his car which was in neutral, ran over him and broke his fibula. What could go wrong ? Was transported to local hospital and stayed there for 2 weeks. What could go wrong ? Got a call from him today in the rehab hospital he got tested for COVID and he was positive. Being his health care proxy is worse than being in Vietnam

You're a good soul Frenchy! Doc's in good hands.

Talked to the ‘Doc‘ a while ago. He’s chipper and positive. The doctor paid him a visit today and said he must have lived a healthy lifestyle !

The Doc wasn’t fessing up to bad lifestyle choices so he played dumb. The VA to their credit are paying for his antivirals @ $3100 a shot. I don’t think he wants to leave, cheap bastard.

'The Doc'
A Follow up: Well the 74 year old 'Doc' spent a month in the rehab hospital, contracted COVID 19, A 45 year old patient who was transported on the same day from the same hospital was wheeled out STAT a few days later to RI Hospital to be intubated. The Doc in and out of COVID in 7 days and feeling chipper. I picked him up yesterday and took him home, what a prize. I read his medical chart and would have bet 1000 to 1, he would not survive. ....lol

He thanks you all @nes for your prayers and encouragement and the Doc wants to tell you all to f....off ....[rofl]Reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated. I got a bet with a 25th Infanty Div. 'cannon cocker' across the street that he'll break more bones in the next 8 weeks, his best guess was 6 months. What do cannon cockers know about medics ? (except that they're the best) ...lol

1 lightly used (once) John Deere tractor might be coming up for auction.

Happy New Year,
Rat

'The Doc'
A Follow up: Well the 74 year old 'Doc' spent a month in the rehab hospital, contracted COVID 19, A 45 year old patient who was transported on the same day from the same hospital was wheeled out STAT a few days later to RI Hospital to be intubated. The Doc in and out of COVID in 7 days and feeling chipper. I picked him up yesterday and took him home, what a prize. I read his medical chart and would have bet 1000 to 1, he would not survive. ....lol

He thanks you all @nes for your prayers and encouragement and the Doc wants to tell you all to f....off ....[rofl]Reports of his death have been greatly exaggerated. I got a bet with a 25th Infanty Div. 'cannon cocker' across the street that he'll break more bones in the next 8 weeks, his best guess was 6 months. What do cannon cockers know about medics ? (except that they're the best) ...lol

1 lightly used (once) John Deere tractor might be coming up for auction.

Happy New Year,
Rat
f...off....! I guess he is feeling pretty well. Glad to hear the good news. Nobody sells a John Deer thats only been crashed once. Doc just needs a referesher drivers course.

Update on the 'Doc' 12/13/20:

Just before Thanksgiving he slipped getting out of his car which was in neutral, ran over him and broke his fibula. What could go wrong ? Was transported to local hospital and stayed there for 2 weeks. What could go wrong ? Got a call from him today in the rehab hospital he got tested for COVID and he was positive. Being his health care proxy is worse than being in Vietnam

UPDATE ON the 'Doc' 7/25/2021....Trigger warning

Lightning strikes twice: The offending same motor vehicle above tried to kill him again yesterday. Results, so far, broken toe, elbow effed, massive gash to his tibia. But he's doing fine execpt for the pain....Packing his wounds with Marlboro filters and hammering the beers for pain...lol

tempImage0cEjsA.png

UPDATE ON the 'Doc' 7/25/2021....Trigger warning

Lightning strikes twice: The offending same motor vehicle above tried to kill him again yesterday. Results, so far, broken toe, elbow effed, massive gash to his tibia. But he's doing fine execpt for the pain....Packing his wounds with Marlboro filters and hammering the beers for pain...lol

Forwarding 2 rolls of bubble wrap, 1 for each leg, and 1 lightly used hockey helmet.

The Good Lord always hears Marine prayers....and medics as well !!!

The 'Doc' is doing great but there are a constant stream of nurses asking him where he got all the scars and who is his 'cute' friend that brings him DD coffee every day....lol

God Bless all of you...
You have a good rep on this site, but why would you want to ruin it with a lie like that?
“Cute friend”….LMAO!

THE 'DOC' IS DOWN, AGAIN. 😂 From the world of hard to believe.
Being the Doc's health care proxy ain't easy. Friday night @ 10pm the 'Doc' was watching a hockey game in bed, for whatever reason he got up fainted, and and collapsed on the floor severely breaking both bones in his 'good' leg. It took him until 6am the next morning to crawl from his bedroom to his cell phone in his living room in excruciating pain...six hours. Now this is the third time in recent history, he's made the 6 + hour low crawl maneuver with badly shattered bones. I've told him in the past to graft that phone to his hip, but nothing ever gets through that thick skull. So he's back in the hospital on a fentanyl & morpheme drip. It's the weekend, so no doctors. I drove to RI yesterday to lock his house up and inspect the and photograph the damage; it looked something between a crack den, hospital pharmacy, bar room and a smoke shop. You don't want to see the pictures, trust me, I still can't get them out of my head...lol

Back
Top Bottom