Prank gone wrong

On the Channel 5 news ( not sure if local, or ABC World News) they reported that if they caught the guy that instigated it, he'd be criminally charged, an responsible for the cost of the SWAT Team turnout.....$100,000

[shocked]

Those up-armored SUVs must get real crappy mileage to have it cost that much.

Oh, also reported: the kid who had his house invaded got his game console "confiscated"....

"It's a tremendous danger to law enforcement"? Ummmm... what about to the first kid the cops shoot who's holding a TV remote or game controller because of this prank trend?

yeah heard something similar about "first responders being put in harms way" over a prank. i'm not a leo basher, but they were the only ones with weapons....................

I think this is exactly how the prank is supposed to go actually. Going "wrong" would have included the kid being killed by the swat team.

Hey if it shows more people the police state and wakes anyone up I don't give a damn.

Swatting is not a prank or practical joke. It is an armed home invasion.
It does not matter if you do it with a bunch of your retarded buddies or trick the swat team into doing it for you.
The penalties should remove the perpetrators from society for decades.

Jack

I think this is exactly how the prank is supposed to go actually. Going "wrong" would have included the kid being killed by the swat team.

Hey if it shows more people the police state and wakes anyone up I don't give a damn.

OK, gimme your address, we'll see how it goes when they come into your place.

Mabe I'm thinking to far into this, but I would bet some of those prank calls could be to get the police out of a area,

And on a higher priority response so some other lesser criminal activities could go unnotice until its to late

yeah heard something similar about "first responders being put in harms way" over a prank. i'm not a leo basher, but they were the only ones with weapons....................

That's exactly the thing, and one of the most accurate things they said in that report: many leo with guns in scary situations are dangerous. All it takes is for one of them to get spooked and suddenly many of them could be sporting new orifices.

How long until they start breaking into homes using the excuse "it must have been a prank" after destroying the door, killing the dog, and getting whatever they were after?

I can see cops doing this.

How is this related to a police state?
The cops were respobding to what sounds like a legitimate threat. If they didn't show up and it turned out to be a real threat, you would be saying: "see, they ignore real threats and then take our guns away."

Assuming this really was a prank call and not some B the cops made up.

How is this related to a police state?
The cops were respobding to what sounds like a legitimate threat. If they didn't show up and it turned out to be a real threat, you would be saying: "see, they ignore real threats and then take our guns away."

Assuming this really was a prank call and not some B the cops made up.

Real threat or not, this tactic of helicopters and swat teams is easier than doing real police work. Considering it wasn't a real threat, it goes to show how little actual police work they did before sending in the troops. When a prank call garners this sort of response, I think a remark about a police state may have some merit.

Back
Top Bottom