• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Potential new Massachusetts Restrictions

weerwolv

NES Member
Hi everyone,

Haven't posted in a long time but wanted to get folks thoughts on two areas of what some politicos are thinking about for future MA laws

Both of these I think are crazy and unworkable

1.) Liability insurance for firearms-Really? How do you even enforce this unless a firearm is bought new going forward. How many folks who are just hunters would completely ignore this component altogether? Will they just target certain firearm types with this?

2.) The thought to have semi-auto's kept at a club and out of an owners hands-Is that even legal in what ever universe these folks live in? How would any club deal with that influx and how could you even enforce it.

Both of the above would once again turn most MA gun owners into unknowing criminals unless you follow the changes as closely as some of us do.

The one area that I'm sure Obama will do first and I believe he can do this is on imports. Bush I did this in 89/90 on the Chinese AK's.

As this is international commerce I can see anything not made in the US come to a screeching halt almost immoderately. I would assume this goes the same for cheaper imported ammo as well from Wolf, Finnoci and others....

Recently re-upped by GOAL membership and sent additional funds to the NRA as I'm already life. Every little bit helps. I'd also recommend signing up any family member you can for membership who is sympathetic to our cause (The Constitution).

Crazy times indeed and as usual the completely wrong focus area buy hey;. when did the left ever use logic to solve a problem other than how to best forward their group think.

1.) Liability insurance for firearms-Really? How do you even enforce this unless a firearm is bought new going forward. How many folks who are just hunters would completely ignore this component altogether? Will they just target certain firearm types with this?

when you buy a gun used they could require the insurance before finishing the paperwork just like buying a car

2.) The thought to have semi-auto's kept at a club and out of an owners hands-Is that even legal in what ever universe these folks live in? How would any club deal with that influx and how could you even enforce it.

if this were to become a reality kiss your club goodbye, no club would be able to afford the insurence to have a collection of such rifles, it would be a shitbag magnet and would have break in attempts every night

Nice letter, but it's a complete waste of time. Linsky is a hard core anti. A gun owner sending a letter to him would be not much different than a Jew sending a letter to Adolph Hitler telling him how bad he is.

-Mike

Nice letter, but it's a complete waste of time. Linsky is a hard core anti. A gun owner sending a letter to him would be not much different than a Jew sending a letter to Adolph Hitler telling him how bad he is.

-Mike

+1 She has a Big round File she puts all of your letters in .. And at the bottom is a [devil2] that shreds them (E-Mails Too)..

+1 She has a Big round File she puts all of your letters in .. And at the bottom is a [devil2] that shreds them (E-Mails Too)..

Thats about what I figured. I wasn't expecting to change anyones mind. Just to make it known that there are many of us who would strongly oppose such measures. Not that it matters to him I'm sure.

Well, the insurance thing would be easy. You have to provide your local police proof you have special insurance. In order to get that insurance, you call your insurance company. Your insurance company requires the make, model, and serial number, maybe pictures, of every single firearms you own, as well as an inspection of the area and safe where you store your guns. If you own any high risk guns like a Glock or AK, they cancel your homeowner's insurance policy immediately, your LTC gets revoked, you have to turn in all your guns, and your mortgage company forecloses on you. If you rent, you are required to disclose to your landlord, who, being liberal or not wanting the liability, evicts you.

Problem solved.

For gun club storage, the gun club would have to spend tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars to install secure storage facilities and monitoring. Most small clubs would lack resources and would close. You, unable to legally store your guns, would have to turn them in.

Problem solved.

Alternatively, a large club like Harvard could invest all of its capital into a secure storage facility, pay for it by raising annual dues to $1,000/year, and then deal with the lawsuits when, within a month, a group of quality thieves broke in and stole everything. Or, after people started storing their guns, the police start inspecting them and confiscating ones they deem to violate the AWB. Or, at some point they simply decide to confiscate them all. Either way, within a short period of time all the gun clubs close, thereby requiring all MA owners to surrender their guns.

Problem solved.

Both of these measures are thinly veiled, ridiculously so, tactics to impose untenable financial and logistical costs on law-abiding citizens that will inevitably result in your being forced to turn in your guns. This is why, when and if proposed, they cannot go through.

FWIW, I carry an umbrella policy anyway(to protect my interests), but I have no intention Of giving my insurance company a comprehensive list of my private personal property when they won't cover the loss should something happen to them.

Last edited:
Rider has this right.

Also, adding to gun clubs requires hearings (usually conservation commission issues/near water/etc.), building permits, lots of $$ to build, you'd need on-site security, probably also an on-site "warehouse manager" to ensure only the member/owner gets the right guns from storage, etc. It would take months to years to implement and most clubs couldn't afford it at all.

Liability insurance for gun ownership is filed every session and IIRC from hearings some 10-20 years ago, no company offers any such insurance that would meet what this kind of legislation is looking for.

I posted a copy of the letter I sent to my elected officials two days ago... Alone we will never influence these politicians.... Together we may at least be able to demonstrate their are people in Massachusetts that object to the ideas Linsky set forth.

Who knows... Maybe Stephen Lynch will read what I sent him on a day when he's feeling "of the people, by the peoe, for the people"

-Mike

Hitler didn't have to worry about reelections. If enough of Linsky's constituents sent letters opposing these regulations, he'd put his political future at risk by ignoring them.

Why stop with just insurance on fire arms let's make it so you can't go In public unless you have personal incidence insurance that way every one is covered,sarcasm I Realy hate this world right now

Requiring liability insurance? Who even offers it? It's just a proxy gun ban. So is requiring clubs to store your semi autos. We've already been through this in Heller v. DC. You can't require that a person keep their firearms stored in a manner that makes them inaccessible during a self defense situation.

Linsky and every other anti-gun zealot understands these proposals (insurance, storage, sin taxes) are unconstitutional. They know this stuff will be challenged, but it can take years and boatloads of cash for cases to get through the court system.

The other thing antis are waiting for is one of the elderly conservative Supreme Court Justices to step down (or not come down for breakfast) so that Barry can appoint another liberal nut-case to the bench. Everyone is so hyper-focused on Biden's commission, Diane Feinstein and what the Senate/Congress may, or may not do. If the Supreme Court scenario were to play out within the next four years (and likely will) the 2A will be repealed within 10 years; that's what keeps me awake at night, not "tax cheat" Linsky.

it can take years and boatloads of cash for cases to get through the court system.
These suits usually start with a request for an injunction enjoining (prohibiting) the government from enforcing the law while the issue is being adjudicated.
If the Supreme Court scenario were to play out within the next four years (and likely will) the 2A will be repealed within 10 years

That doesn't happen. The Supreme Court does not reverse itself. The most they can do is carve out some exception. If 2A is repealed, it must be done by a constitutional amendment. It CANNOT be repealed by the Court.

snip..
That doesn't happen. The Supreme Court does not reverse itself. The most they can do is carve out some exception. If 2A is repealed, it must be done by a constitutional amendment. It CANNOT be repealed by the Court.

This is incorrect. The Supreme Court has done this many times:

• The previously upheld "separate but equal" laws from the late 19th century were reversed with Brown v. Topeka Board of Education in 1954.
  • In 1970 the Court upheld a law in Oregon requiring the voting age to be 21. A year later that decision was overturned resulting in the 26th Amendment.
  • In 1883 Pace v. Alabama upheld laws against interracial marriage. This was overturned in 1967 with Loving v. Virginia.
  • In 1986 the Court upheld a Georgia law forbidding oral and anal sex by members of the same sex. That decision was reversed in 2003 with their decision on Lawrence v. Texas.

There are many more examples.

Last edited:
Let's face the facts. We already have a AWB and a ban on hi-cap mags in this State. The gun grabbers will go after one gun a month and that's about their only hope for more gun laws.

Last edited:
Let's face the facts. We already have a AWB and a ban on hi-cap mags. The gun grabbers will go after one gun a month and that's about their only hope for more gun laws.

Just another reason to fight a new national AWB in addition to fighting any new state and local laws. It would only be the begining.

So if someone breaks into your house and attacks your family, what should I do when my guns are in a storage facility building.

Not to mention I would never leave my guns in another building where I would not have the ability to check on the guns as I would under my own roof.

Back
Top Bottom