• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Positive Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really, just meeting someone doesn’t equate to “ours” or “mine” at all, if you knew me you’d understand that better, I have zero problems telling people to go f*** themselves in person, none. I just don’t think in this case it applies, unless you’re safely behind your keyboard and just like jumping on the pile without worrying about getting punched in the face (not you specifically, just the norm for online bitching).

I’m a big fan of if you don’t like it don’t buy it. Easiest thing in the world to understand. Whole lot of candy ass complaining around this, NES style.
Well stated, NES is famous for throwing shit and then playing victim or saying the famous “I was just joking” when you strike back. As for the OP I don't have a horse in the race, but am curious as to what the problem is here? Is it making a thread looking for feedback? I mean MA AR’s are selling for $1500 and lowers are selling for $500-$650 and nobody bitches about that. I don’t know I’m just confused why this guy is getting criticized for selling lowers in MA or $250? Honestly seems like a good price for a MA prisoner.

Is it making a thread looking for feedback?
I actually find this more distasteful than the price arguments.

No one's forcing anyone to pay $250. I wouldn't pay it, but others might want to. Same with certain gun modifications and repairs. I've never changed a barrel on an AR--I'd pay someone to do it, while many others would be like, "you can do it yourself for [x] dollars".

However, I always leave feedback after a sale. I get feedback in return maybe 40% of the time. I've never once sent a "give me feedback" message to the other party, let alone started a thread on it.

In the end, there are worse transgressions, though.

Somewhat true. AIM has Andersons for $40 in stock right now, and my FFL charges $20 for a transfer fee.

Yes, but you can't just drive over there and get it right now. And I bet AIM is probably backlogged at least a week or more, if not 2-3 weeks. A lot of distributors (even ones that only sell to FFLs) are the definition of "really f***ed up" right now, and that's being
very polite. Some FFLs tell me "I have dists with stuff in stock and they havent shipped me shit. Then I have others who have sold nearly everything and im getting spits of this and that on backorders" etc. To say that the industry isnt in some form of chaos
right now is an understatement.

Could you still get a lower for $60 or so in a few days? Probably, with enough legwork (and luck) but I bet the 3 mouseclick option is actually a lot harder than you might be led to believe it is right now.

Also TPNES seems to indicate he had to grease some skids and probably some palms to even get the things
here to meet some sort of time window.... which sort of makes sense given the above.

-Mike

yes. A stripped lower just needs a few parts installed with common hand tools

the 80% needs a router and drill

and to the OP... good for you making some money. Yes, your price is lower than some of the full on price gouging that’s out there. You are taking advantage of the market and that’s what free markets allow. Is your price high? For me it is, but if you have customers then it must be somewhere within the acceptable and sustainable range of today’s market.

i just think the thread soliciting feedback was over the top.

that’s a post I can respect conpletely. Well said!

Yes, but you can't just drive over there and get it right now. And I bet AIM is probably backlogged at least a week or more, if not 2-3 weeks. A lot of distributors (even ones that only sell to FFLs) are the definition of "really f***ed up" right now, and that's being
very polite. Some FFLs tell me "I have dists with stuff in stock and they havent shipped me shit. Then I have others who have sold nearly everything and im getting spits of this and that on backorders" etc. To say that the industry isnt in some form of chaos
right now is an understatement.

Could you still get a lower for $60 or so in a few days? Probably, with enough legwork, but I bet the 3 mouseclick option is actually a lot harder than you might be led to believe it is right now.

-Mike
I ordered something from AIM last week and it arrived three days later, for what it's worth. And my FFL is open and taking transfers. My FFL is open Saturdays and Sundays, too. So if I really wanted to, I'd say it's probably 85% chance I could have one Wed/Thur this week. Not "today" but I'd rather save $190 and wait three or four days, lol.

I ordered something from AIM last week and it arrived three days later, for what it's worth. And my FFL is open and taking transfers. My FFL is open Saturdays and Sundays, too. So if I really wanted to, I'd say it's probably 85% chance I could have one Wed/Thur this week. Not "today" but I'd rather save $190 and wait three or four days, lol.

thats amazing good on you man, I’d say keep on doing that, and then sure the wealth of knowledge with everyone else here so they can get in on that too!

thats amazing good on you man, I’d say keep on doing that, and then sure the wealth of knowledge with everyone else here so they can get in on that too!
I don't need any more lowers. But more people have lowers is a net good thing for the 2A community. If they buy them from you, or anyone else. Their money, their choice.

IN BEFORE THE LOCK!........It's been awhile, thought I would chuck out that old chestnut before the complete dumpster fire.

Well the market has been flooded with $200/$250 anderson lowers. They were going for $500 plus before this. Some people were able to cash in and sell complete lowers for $850. I know everyone is bitching about the price but when since july of 2016 have you really seen a $60 lower? I haven't seen any for that cheap for awhile. But I'm not a FFL and cant get them for that price. Anyone who didnt sell their pre 2016 $60 lowers for a huge markup is stupid. If you bought a $50 stock and it climbed to $800 would you not sell it?. Honestly this is the biggest FU to the AG I'm glad for it. Keep pumping them out

Some of these responses are so ridiculous. Everyone earns their own money and everyone has the right to decide what they want to spend that hard earned money on, welcome to the USA. You don't wanna spend $250 on lower, then don't. What gives you the motivation to bash someone for offering to spread easier and relatively more reasonable access to a small slice of 2A freedom in this god forsaken state.

If $250 was as outrageous as some of you are making it sound, that ad would still be circulating in classified purgatory like so many others. The free market has spoken and hundreds of more people are building the AR they want while giving Maura the middle finger she deserves.

Good on you for making these things happen TPNES. You can't please 'em all.

I've only had a few messages worth of private correspondence with OP, he's good to go. If my 2 cents can add to anyone else's stash.

Comrade, unlike in Mother Russia where bears drink vodka and commies make up the law of the land as they go with verbal statements, here in the US of f***in' A we have a legislature and executive branch and a overall process of how we turn a bill into a law. God Bless the Stars and Stripes in the Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave #MAGA. Healey's shit may fly where the Red's exist, not here though. These colors don't run!
Until I read this you came off kind of like a dick. Maybe you still will I haven't finished reading the rest of the thread. But I do like this statement. Rock on! And as far as gouging meh. I'm sure everybody knew what they were buying and everyone purchasing these has at least 1 AR, most likely multiple. In they're safe

On the brighter side on all of this he was selling lowers for a lot less than some lowers were selling privately in our own classified section. 😂

My brother (NH) was bored and wanting to build a lower for a new gun not that he needed one. He’s sort of working from home but the company is mostly shut down. I laughed at him driving around looking for a lower. Told him if he found one at a reasonable price to buy me two.

Until I read this you came off kind of like a dick. Maybe you still will I haven't finished reading the rest of the thread. But I do like this statement. Rock on! And as far as gouging meh. I'm sure everybody knew what they were buying and everyone purchasing these has at least 1 AR, most likely multiple. In they're safe

Well said! Well read! There is a marketing model here, not all will appreciate or approve, but clearly plenty do. I don’t take any of this too seriously, it’s just about getting firearms into law abiding citizens hands by all legal means possible and not living in a state of fear.

Well, he is doing something right if everything he listed was sold within days. Clearly there is a market for those items.

Cant say that for some people on here that have been bumping their ads for YEARS.

I’ve met him before and he’s a good dude.

What is a pre-Maura?

Did your lower previously identify as an Anderson but is now post-op and identifying as a Maura? I'm more confused than your lower is about its gender/identity.

I think we all need to ask our local schools to teach basic civics again and sing those kindergarten songs about how bills are introduced and voted on and passed by the legislature and signed by the executive branch of government. Not sure where a state attorney general fits in that narrative in making new laws or altering previously codified ones.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFroMQlKiag

Threads like this one are good reminders of why places like NH are awesome.

Don't worry, unless demand drops really hard, really soonm NH will also have $250 lowers,
too. One of the sites posted in this thread already had purch limits on it per customer. that means the
turds are already starting to roll downhill.

-Mike

Good old NES. Where people criticize other people for buying over priced uppers or ammo when they could go to "someone else" while never telling you who that "someone else" is. Per usual many constructive responses here. So being that a good portion of gun owners in MA don't know who the "someone else" is, paying 250 for a lower is still cheaper than buying a used $1200+ AR from classifieds. The op is a very nice guy. Wish you the best of health and luck in the medical field.

Distributors:
  • Lipsey's is shut down for 2 weeks.
  • Sports South is at least 10 days behind on shipping.
  • RSR Is at least 14 days behind on shipping
  • Zanders I dont even have calibrated how far behind they are since nothing I have ordered has shipped recently
That is just 4 distributors I use regularly. I dont think any others are better off.

On the direct from manufacturer front:
  • Anderson stopped taking orders about a week ago because they were so far behind
  • Aero wont ship to MA, you have to go through a distributor
  • SIG is out of everything interesting (they have guns in 40!)
Again, just three but illustrative of how bad it is out there.

Online some retailers that have dealer pricing have and are still selling lowers and getting them out in reasonable time. But I have also seen pricing increase 2x at the same retailers.

It will be a long time before supply catches up with demand again.

Last edited:
I saw the listing for the $250 lowers and passed on it, just like everyone who bought one could have, but didn't. I have seen items I may not be totally aware of price wise, so guess what, I do a search to see what the going price is, availability, need etc. and make my decision based on that.

Funny, I've seen regulars on here selling stuff at Massachsetts Glock prices and actually admitting that it's overpriced but hey, that's the going price around here, so tough sh*t and not a peep from anyone!

Honestly, if someone wants to over pay for ammo, lowers, a pre ban AR, blah, blah, blah, that's their decision. And for the poor noob that asks for advice, all they get is "Tell Maura we said hi!" rather than help, so don't cry a river of tears for one who may overpay.

Now, can we get back to f@ckin' pissing and moaning about how many extra mags someone decides to EDC, because that really affects all of us!!

Good old NES. Where people criticize other people for buying over priced uppers or ammo when they could go to "someone else" while never telling you who that "someone else" is. Per usual many constructive responses here. So being that a good portion of gun owners in MA don't know who the "someone else" is, paying 250 for a lower is still cheaper than buying a used $1200+ AR from classifieds. The op is a very nice guy. Wish you the best of health and luck in the medical field.

Exactly this. Thank you brother. Be safe!

So, here's a hypothetical to ponder...

You are a person who does not have an AR when Covid Panic hits. Now you want one. Badly.
You find a legitimate seller who has them for $250 each. You buy two, because you have the money and can afford them...

Now, you sell your second AR-lower for $500 dollars to someone who wants one, has the money and can afford it... and wants it badly.

Your AR-lower COST YOU $0.00 dollars.

Have you lost anything...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom