• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Positive Reviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met the OP up at The Mill, really nice guy folks, he’s trying to help people out and it’s simple supply and demand from my opinion, more so during the current state of affairs. Flame away if you want, but compared to some of the other gouging going on everywhere in the firearms industry, and our own classifieds for the last several years, it could be worse.

Maybe it’s just my soft spot for The Mill, I’ve spent thousands of dollars up there and never met somebody I wouldn’t sit down and drink with afterwards, and I’m not a big fan of people to begin with, so to me that says something.

T, it was nice meeting you brother. Keep the faith and rock on.

RLTW

read: He’s not just any gouger, he’s OUR gouger. Lol

Im a big fan of goes around comes around.

Well I can’t wait to build my own so long as I can access a drill press and other tools. There’s a drill press where I work but it’s technically part of a University building so I can’t really bring one of these righteous lowers there to build out. :( . Maybe one of these days I’ll sack up and just go for it though Lol. When that day comes I will be in touch.

Yeah chief me too. I’ll probably contract covid working as a physician in the hospital for ya. So it’ll come back on me and my 250$ lowers. Karmas a bitch, I’ll get sick and then I’ll die but hell I will have made a f***ing insane amount of money selling lowers for a few dollars profit after all the middle men paid to get out of stock supplies from shut down distribution in bulk. You sure got me man. Real gouging crook so people can get ARs. Go back to quarantine.

No need to explain your pricing to me. Explain it to the guys you shysted. You obviously have a lot to say...so carry on! It’s hilarious 🤣

He didn't shyster anybody.

Nobody was forced to buy anything from him.

He had a product people wanted and charged what the market dictated.

Why you hate Capitalism bro ?

Not really, just meeting someone doesn’t equate to “ours” or “mine” at all, if you knew me you’d understand that better, I have zero problems telling people to go f*** themselves in person, none. I just don’t think in this case it applies, unless you’re safely behind your keyboard and just like jumping on the pile without worrying about getting punched in the face (not you specifically, just the norm for online bitching).

I’m a big fan of if you don’t like it don’t buy it. Easiest thing in the world to understand. Whole lot of candy ass complaining around this, NES style.

Not really, just meeting someone doesn’t equate to “ours” or “mine” at all, if you knew me you’d understand that better, I have zero problems telling people to go f*** themselves in person, none. I just don’t think in this case it applies, unless you’re safely behind your keyboard and just like jumping on the pile without worrying about getting punched in the face (not you specifically, just the norm for online bitching).

I’m a big fan of if you don’t like it don’t buy it. Easiest thing in the world to understand. Whole lot of candy ass complaining around this, NES style.

Saw an old timer use candy ass on a civ and laughed loudly. And this is why we do it. So worth seeing the whiners come wriggling through the woodwork.

Well I can’t wait to build my own so long as I can access a drill press and other tools. There’s a drill press where I work but it’s technically part of a University building so I can’t really bring one of these righteous lowers there to build out. :( . Maybe one of these days I’ll sack up and just go for it though Lol. When that day comes I will be in touch.

why do you need a drill press to assemble a stripped lower? I’ve put them together at my kitchen table before.

are you talking about an 80%

Saw an old timer use candy ass on a civ and laughed loudly. And this is why we do it. So worth seeing the whiners come wriggling through the woodwork.

You calling me old? lol

No need to explain your pricing to me. Explain it to the guys you shysted. You obviously have a lot to say...so carry on! It’s hilarious 🤣

Did he point a gun at anyone and force them to buy his lower? No, a bunch of people showed up on their own free will and
bought his shit, on a few occasions. Even when the price went up he still probably sold them all. What about that is so hard to understand?

-Mike

Again anyone paying these prices did not plan very well... fools buying deserve getting hammered on price. Lots of fools out there buying.

Here's a novel concept- Maybe it's not a matter of planning, maybe the buyers simply just don't/didn't care? [laugh] Say someone decides they want to build an AR right now (with all this wacky shit going on, in MA and elsewhere) If a $250 lower ends up being like this huge obstacle for someone, they probably don't have much business building an AR. (Hint: a case of ammo to put through the same gun costs a lot more right now than that lower does.... )

-Mike

I think I confused the two. The 80% need to be drilled and what not. The stripped only need parts like trigger and take down pins etc. Is this correct?

This post here goes directly to my point from earlier, that these aren’t unaware newbs that’re buying up all this shit and then finding out 2 weeks later they paid a lot more than somebody in Tenn would.

* I’m not singling you out Rocco, you’re good man, just using your post as a reference point to who was actually lining up outside.

I think I confused the two. The 80% need to be drilled and what not. The stripped only need parts like trigger and take down pins etc. Is this correct?

yes. A stripped lower just needs a few parts installed with common hand tools

the 80% needs a router and drill

and to the OP... good for you making some money. Yes, your price is lower than some of the full on price gouging that’s out there. You are taking advantage of the market and that’s what free markets allow. Is your price high? For me it is, but if you have customers then it must be somewhere within the acceptable and sustainable range of today’s market.

i just think the thread soliciting feedback was over the top.

This post here goes directly to my point from earlier, that these aren’t unaware newbs that’re buying up all this shit and then finding out 2 weeks later they paid a lot more than somebody in Tenn would.

* I’m not singling you out Rocco, you’re good man, just using your post as a reference point to who was actually lining up outside.
No offense taken, I am kind of a noob at this stuff but I am patient and willing to learn before I make the move and buy. “Measure twice, cut once!”

Unless FFL I would be hesitant to broadcast such large # of sales
the ATF can consider a non licensee trying to operate as FFL
perhaps this thread is best nuked and might consider a little more STFU

Thank you sir. But you must be delusional, everyone can get lowers anytime for 50$ cash out the door during a global pandemic when firearms distributor supply chains have shut down and pick them up from a reputable and safe storefront with excellent customer service and friendly clients who are all FANTASTIC American citizens. Weren't you aware of that?
Somewhat true. AIM has Andersons for $40 in stock right now, and my FFL charges $20 for a transfer fee.

So, yes, I could spend $60 (more than $50 true) out the door for an Anderson lower if I chose to do so.

As others have said, low-energy and/or low information buyers (or wealthy I guess) will likely pay more than they have to, just like for Glocks or "rare in MA offlist guns." If you know how the list works, you can get practically any pistol at online vendor prices. But many are too scared or too lazy to figure it out, so they must pay the higher prices.

If you have the energy and interest to do so, you can get Gen 5 Glocks for under $500 in MA. You can also get AR lowers at low prices. But fair play to you and others who will serve those who can't or won't put in the work for a better price. Their loss is your gain, I suppose.

So if someone bought one of these lowers, is it legal to build any of these and register...um, efa-10 them and are pmags legal???
# Sarcasm, trying to lighten the mood.....free market. Buy or don't!

Unless FFL I would be hesitant to broadcast such large # of sales
the ATF can consider a non licensee trying to operate as FFL
perhaps this thread is best nuked and might consider a little more STFU
I assumed he was an FFL, yeah.

The ATF has posted they arrested one guy for two sales trying to make a profit, and I assume said guy didn't make a forum thread about it, lol.

Maybe it's because I haven't started drinking but this thread makes no goddamn sense to me.
As far as I can tell, man sells $40 Anderson lowers for $250 to people unable or unwilling to find better deals. Man solicits positive feedback for his sales.

Other people get enraged about said price. Others counter "free market."

No offense taken, I am kind of a noob at this stuff but I am patient and willing to learn before I make the move and buy. “Measure twice, cut once!”

No worries at all young man, you’re exactly where all of us were at some point in our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom