• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pics from an Ice Fishing Trip a few years ago.

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Before I moved out here from Minnesota a bunch of friends from my old company did an annual winter ice fishing trip. It was at the Grand Vu lodge on Leech Lake in Northern Minnesota.

Here is the group of guys. Nothing but Drinking, fishing, eating, and poker. :D I'm on the far left and Brent is the one kneeling.

gv2.jpg

A peek at some the liquor.

gv1.jpg

6 a.m. getting ready to drive out on the lake.

gv3.jpg

Setting up the tackle and gear.

gv4.jpg

Bill (left) and I (right) dropping a line.

gv5.jpg

Brent's father Tom, apparently has no problem sleeping at 14 degrees.

gv6.jpg

Of course with alcohol, sumo wrestling is inevitable. Here is Brent and I getting ready to spar.

gv7.jpg

Then Stu (the other Marine in attendance) decides he wants a go with me too.

gv8.jpg

Here I am trying all I can to get his heavy ass off balance.

gv9.jpg

Success! No Marines were hurt in the making of this thread, yet.... [twisted]

gv10.jpg

After dinner the poker started. If you won a hand you had to take a highball glass of your favorite poison.

gv11.jpg

Stu with his first win, his drink of choice, 100 Proof Aftershock.

gv12.jpg

Stu with his 6th and final shot of Aftershock, we will see why they call it Aftershock shortly.

gv13.jpg

Here we have Stu telling the Captain "Can you please avoid the wakes that are making the ship rock so much!"

gv14.jpg

"WE HAVE A PIPER DOWN! I REPEAT, WE HAVE A PIPER DOWN!"

gv15.jpg

Here we have the last few seconds of Stu's conciseness. * Note that peice of wood was from the table he thought could hold 250+ pounds. I don't think it was rated for that much weight. [twisted]

gv16.jpg

We managed to get Stewart over to the couch, that money that Jeff is holding is what our drunken champ had won.

gv17.jpg

The rest of us kept drinking and playing.

gv18.jpg

Let's check back on Stu to see if he is okay... It was cold so we put a hat on him to keep him warm.

gv19.jpg

You would think I would be a bit more happy after winning a hand. [shock] Tony must have been there...

gv20.jpg

Apparently I over served myself and was talked in to doing some art work with Stu's face. I took my clippers and gave him the Rapper eyebrow, and the hitler moustache.

gv21.jpg

You should have heard him the next morning when he looked in the mirror. It's a good thing I can run fast. [twisted]

Hey, those look an awful lot like MY ice fishing pics.

"Fishing", yeah right.

Our toughest rule was first one up has to start the fire and make the bacon. Mind you, this was in an uninsulated cabin up in Maine in February. Zero degrees (F) INSIDE in the morning.

That's brisk.

Rum-sicles, anyone?

We left a pot of spiced rum on the stove overnight. It had turned to slush.

I have to say it's pretty fun freaking my friends out by waking up and starting breakfast wearing just my long johns while the rest of the alcohol-damaged souls remained tightly wrapped in their sleeping bags.

Buncha wussies.

The best "rule" of the weekend was the one where every half hour or so, the latest loser at whatever card game we happened to be playing at the time had to trek out and chip out the holes so the traps didn't freeze in solid.

And, no we didn't catch any fish. That wasn't the main objective, anyway.

Of course catching fish isn't an objective.

Kind of like going to Deer Camp, and people only going into the woods to take a walk.

Although, I have been in serious Deer Camps. Still fun, though.

My boss used to go to Deer Camp religiously, every year. Now that wouldn't be strange, except for the simple fact that he doesn't hunt, and didn't own a gun.

Einstein Stu was braging earlier how he could drink the whole bottle of Aftershock and eat the sugar in the bottom of the bottle when he was done. [roll] He got about 3/4 the way through the bottle and went "Tits Up" He destroyed that table too, broke a chair, and ripped the toilet paper dispenser off the wall in the restroom.

The amazing this was he actually got up the next morning to fish.

Back
Top Bottom