Picking NES brain trust for Mass. firearm violation

While google shows a few bail bond companies in MA, this article covers the reason why they are so scarce in MA nicely: http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/03/bail_bondsmen_are_a_thing_of_t.html

The fact that the subject of this drama is waiting on a bondsman to find out the charges makes his other details suspect.

The first an attorney will want (after "how are you going to pay my retainer") is the circumstances of the arrest. Was he inside the car when arrested? Was he outside and secured before the gun was found? Was the gun in plain sight? Did the police have an opportunity to secure the vehicle and apply for a warrant or did they just do the search? Was it a "search" or an "inventory" after towing? And finally, did he "consent" to the search and did he stfu after the gun was found? There is a chance the search can be tossed but only if he can afford competent representation. Also, the presence of a decent argument against the warrant can help in the plea negotiations.

Last edited:
He needs a criminal lawyer, not a fire arms lawyer.

This.

This isn't a situation where the person is being denied a license, having to submit to bullshit requirements,
appearing before the review board, etc.

First order of business should be beating any criminal conviction and staying out of jail.
Do that, and any future firearms related issues, being a PP is moot.

While google shows a few bail bond companies in MA, this article covers the reason why they are so scarce in MA nicely: http://www.masslive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/03/bail_bondsmen_are_a_thing_of_t.html

He probably mixed up his terms. It sounds like he was waiting for a judge/magistrate to set his bail. A bail bondsman doesn't determine the charges, which is what the OP said the kid was waiting for.

- - - Updated - - -

OP: The first thing a lawyer is going to tell you to do is delete this thread.

Want me to get a head start?

This idiocy is exactly what the Mad Moms want to see to push to take everyone's rights away (even the non-idiots).

He isn't the problem, MA is the problem. In NH, having a gun either on you or in the vehicle is like putting gas in the tank. It's a violation of this mans constitutional rights to charge him with a crime for.....exercising his constitutional right to keep and bear arms. Anyone that doesn't see it this way doesn't deserve to exercise their constitutional rights, period.

This man is no criminal. The criminals that are trying to bend the laws to lock him up are, and shots need to be fired.

A couple of years back, one of my oldest friends passed. His kid (26 at the time) kinda clung on to me as
a father figure. All well and good but the problem is, he doesn't listen.

Long story shorted. He just called me and I don't have all the details yet. His estranged wife is living in Mass.
He went down to settle some stuff. I've told him repeatedly not to bring his pistol especially when go to see her.
She attacks him. He gets arrested for domestic. Pistol in the back seat.
No money for a decent lawyer.
I'm thinking he's screwed.

Anyone have any experience in something like this?
Does he have any options?

the streets are safer with this dangerous criminal off the street. doh. STFU and keep paying your taxes.

He's waiting o. A Bail Commissioner. Mass killed the private bailbond industry. I think Gilberti is the last of the private business in Waltham. That's why all the turds come here to hide.Unless they get picked up on a MV violation criminals can be here indefinitely. No one is chasing down a $200 bond.

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk

Going to visit the Ex Wife armed.....what could possibly go wrong. I do not have any advice for anyone who is incapable of intelligent thinking in the first place.

I wish him good luck, but spending a (relatively) little on a lawyer NOW will probably save a shit-ton of heartache and prohibited status later.

Tell him to ask his mother for the retainer $. His freedom could literally be on the line.

Keith Langer takes zero crap from any PD, I doubt he takes much from any ADA. I'd give him an unqualified positive recommendation to represent me in court. He also lacks the ego to tell you if he shouldn't be the guy.

The advice is to tell your friend's son to STFU, and call Attorney Langer.

Going to visit the Ex Wife armed.....what could possibly go wrong.
This... Visiting ex-wife armed...what could go wrong?...Or visiting her unarmed...Or disarmed...Or one-armed.. Or underarmed...Or tattooed-armed.. Or broken armed... etc etc..

If there are no kids to visit, then...why the eff visit the (batshit?) ex-wife anyways?? To have "productive dialog (especially when he" leads with his temper"? Visit her to" work things out "-now that the divorce is final?... There's a reason why she's the "ex" wife.. First lesson (maybe?) learned: stay the absolute eff away from each other.
Far away.

Just sayin'

Last edited:
They just recently split up. It's all new to him. A kid is involved unfortunately.

He was going down to settle whether they were going to try again or not.

This time his luck ran out .

This... Visiting ex-wife armed...what could go wrong?...Or visiting her unarmed...Or disarmed...Or one-armed.. Or underarmed...Or tattooed-armed.. Or broken armed... etc etc..

If there are no kids to visit, then...why the eff visit the (batshit?) ex-wife anyways??

Reading comprehension fail.

Still no excuse. Dumbassery, and thinking with the wrong head

This "kid" was 26 a few years ago when his dad passed, so he's got to be pushing 30 by now. He was repeatedly told he couldn't have a gun in MA, yet he brought one to a potentially volatile situation.

I'd agree that this thread needs to go, he needs a lawyer, and he may be majorly screwed.

Sorry about your friend's son, but you can't always fix stupid.

"Don't bring a gun to see your ex. . . in a separate state. . . . where you have no license. . . . "

I'm just dumbfounded. Sounds like he went looking for a fight and got it. I work real hard to stay the F away from people who don't want to see me. Anything of material value they may or may not have is NOT worth a governmental hassle to me.

Sorry about this. Don't let him drag you down into his hole.

While I agree that this thread should be deleted, nothing that is being said here could be used in court to prove the truth of what is being said. That would violate the prohibition against hearsay. Furthermore, the statements from the OP are neither admissions or statements against interest by a party opponent since the OP is not a party.

This "kid" was 26 a few years ago when his dad passed, so he's got to be pushing 30 by now. He was repeatedly told he couldn't have a gun in MA, yet he brought one to a potentially volatile situation.

I'd agree that this thread needs to go, he needs a lawyer, and he may be majorly screwed.

As far as the thread goes, I'm not linked to him at all.

Sorry about your friend's son, but you can't always fix stupid.

"Don't bring a gun to see your ex. . . in a separate state. . . . where you have no license. . . . "

I'm just dumbfounded. Sounds like he went looking for a fight and got it. I work real hard to stay the F away from people who don't want to see me. Anything of material value they may or may not have is NOT worth a governmental hassle to me.

Sorry about this. Don't let him drag you down into his hole.

He went down to "settle" stuff. To find out if she wanted to work things out.
Like I said, recently broken up. Not an ex yet.
I agree. He's a dumb ass.
I'm offering nothing but advice. He'll either learn to listen in a hurry, or he can sink on his own.

As far as the thread goes, I'm not linked to him at all.

He went down to "settle" stuff. To find out if she wanted to work things out.
Like I said, recently broken up. Not an ex yet.
I agree. He's a dumb ass.
I'm offering nothing but advice. He'll either learn to listen in a hurry, or he can sink on his own.

What advice can you give him at this point? Are you a criminal defense atty? Not trying to be snide......but think about it! It's too late for anyone but a good criminal defense lawyer to help him out.

I know what you mean.

Attorneys names that might be able to help or are willing to make arrangements.
The only real asset he has that might be worth anything is his truck.
80 something Chevy suburban with a 454 in it. He claims the motor and tranny are hard to find these days and might be worth something.
If he can sell that, it might cover getting the lawyer started anyways.

Back
Top Bottom