Pepper Spray = Grounds for Termination

Be a good victim, er witness rather.

- - - Updated - - -

^this! Unfortunately u will have to wait to get injured or killed before u take action.

This seems to be the norm for most large corporations to not allow "weapons" on premise. Tho i havent heard of an employee whos become victim of an assault file any lawsuit. (I worked for a large corp for 10 years).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And the OP would still be fired.

my company in Worcester also has this policy, no pepper spray but i don't really give a sh*t....there have been 2 people held at knife point in the past 3 months on the street that our parking lot is on....

just recently they moved 95% of the staff to the parking garage that is patrolled by security, and left only 4 of us without garage passes...real Nice...so as long as the safety of the staff extends apparently to everyone but me and a few others...i will make damn sure that neither myself nor any of my other 3 co-workers are unprotected as we walk into a proven, dangerous area every day

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Is HR the last word at your company on interpretation of the company's written policies?

Probably not. It's a medium size company, and the partners that founded it are still here, so I'd imagine what they say goes. I don't know if they carefully constructed the company policy and believe it all, or if they just copied some recommended boilerplate.

Wow, do we work in the same building? We got that email as well. I had already been told in no uncertain terms that I am not allowed to carry in the building, but I never asked about pepper spray. And I don't think I will ask.

Unfortunately we live in a world where corporate liability trumps personal safety (boy does that sound like an oxymoron). Bottom line its really every man for himself and the guy above who said he lives by "don't ask don't tell" is spot on. I mean really who thinks that by asking about or challenging a company rule such as this will actually prevail. Mods should immediately lock every time a thread like this starts and just repeat that line.

Lets face facts it is never in this day and age prudent to make public that your armed in any way, how many times does it have to be said in here "Concealed means concealed" challenging rules means look for another place to work, learn the lesson and act like a sheep...a sheep with a secret that is....

I think it's funny. All this pants shitting over a can full of hot sauce. Just carry it discretely and STFU about it.

These^^^

A TON of companies have this policy...

Here's mine..."concealed means concealed" (hot sauce or boom stick)...

I must not protect myself or risk being fired? Good one! [rofl]

Wow, do we work in the same building? We got that email as well. I had already been told in no uncertain terms that I am not allowed to carry in the building, but I never asked about pepper spray. And I don't think I will ask.

Maybe! On the bright side, getting to rallies at the statehouse is real easy. Good that you're not going to ask. I have two coworkers I'm going to take to the range soon (first time). If they decide to get LTC I'll pass the same advice on to them too.

my old boss, as i mentioned before, planned to claim ignorance if it was ever an issue. he told me though, that since i started "wearing a hoodie more often", he felt much more comfortable leaving me alone or with the other employees (all female) to close up shop.

the corporation is concerned about liability, but i am honestly unaware of anyone getting fired for carrying if they hadnt also had a need to use it. it could be like a dont ask dont tell kind of situation. if you have the need to defend yourself, and you have your EDC, do you really care that you now have to find a new job? you're alive but unemployed for a while(so your family has to tighten their belts), or you're dead. and your family loses your income, as well as you, forever.

Just carry hair spray and a bic lighter. That will get the job done and is not a so called "other weapon".

Wait a second, this is Mass. Never mind

They're required to keep policies like that, for liability reasons. Put yourself in the shoes of the VP of HR - an employee of your company does something stupid at work with a weapon, and the lawyers ask you, "Did you tell them it was okay to bring a weapon to work?"

It's stupid, but it's reality.

On the other hand, concealed means concealed. Does the company conduct bag checks and pat downs?

Then wright back. "If I am not allowed to protect myself, are you taking the responsibility to protect me?" Also, ask the security guard to walk you to your car every night and call him from your car every morning.

Haha, this. Ask them if they consider a shod foot to be a weapon.

- - - Updated - - -

Carry this--it's not pepper spray.

Or a giant can of hornet spray clipped to your belt.

Along with the opportunity to relocate to a free state and not have to ask silly questions.

If a company/corporation has that kind of clause in their employee handbook - it doesn't matter if it's a free state or not. It's the same in all states the company has locations in. So called liability issues because of legal BS by company lawyers don't go away in a free state.

My work had a break in a few weeks ago , dracut...

They sent a email out about being safe . every one joked about me and the people that work under me since we go shooting together should reply back that if we get a small raise we will protect the sheep.

Or check in at night time. I was so tempted to reply with a ad for the ltc class or info on getting pepper spray. But figured of get in trouble.

If you get mugged tho in the parking lot , could you sue since they don't allow any self protection. Can the say you can't store your gun in your own car?

1. Don't ask a question you might not like the answer to.

2. Make sure everyone comming into work does not have any shoes on. Someone gets arrested every day for assault and battery with a dangerous weapon, shod foot.

they need to remove all scissors and letter openers from everyone's desks. Should also remove the coffee machines since hot coffee in the eyes would be just as bad as pepper spray.

This

because scissors, pencils, pens etc.. can be "other weapons"

250px-LWS32.jpg

And don't forget, for the ultimate in feminine protection a 22lr derringer in your cootch can fool all be the most intimate HR rep. [rofl]

I actually do have that same gun... I bought it when I used to live in MA since they don't allow Kel-Tec's in MA.

Back
Top Bottom