• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Peaceful 2nd amendment rights demonstration at Massachusetts State House (02/08/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
right ! like what I don't understand is why would you not want to go? does it have to have NES GOALS NAME branded on the thing Do they own your image? or are we all just patriots who all really care about the same thing and don't realize it? Or are to worried about ones EGO or Image? Do we realy expect the media to cover the story with out edits ? last time I check the red coats trying to take your Semi-Automatics this does not Motivate you? or do you want this to be the next Communist nation?

Well, mostly 'cause you're gonna be there. Wearing a schmegma. And other quasi-mil surp gear. That you bought.

lol I always rapped sens I was young it is one of my trades of many.[rofl]

Then you better not quit your day job (if you have one as my father would have said) [rofl]

I appreciate the differences in our appearances and 'style' and everything else. I also appreciate your enthusiasm for supporting all of our Rights. Just not so sure you are the guy I want standing next to ME. No offense intended. I just happen to be personally conservative. I identify as a Libertarian, I just choose not to do everything I want to have the right to do.

that's what I am saying.. can we stay positive I feel to much negative energy can we turn that into positive energy and make things happen?

Lets start first, by answering the question that's been asked a thousand times, with no answer.

Are you a gun owner?

Ummm........what difference is he making? Serious question.

either a positive one or a negative one.

If you'd cut out the bullshit snark, maybe you could help guide it to be positive.

He is going out the regardless of whether or not you talk shit on NES or not. He's doing it. Accept that.

Now ask yourself are you going to try to make it positive or negative?

you don't win a war by digging a foxhole and sitting in it. You have to go out there and attack!
phpWcDpOAPM.jpg

either a positive one or a negative one.

If you'd cut out the bullshit snark, maybe you could help guide it to be positive.

He is going out the regardless of whether or not you talk shit on NES or not. He's doing it. Accept that.

Now ask yourself are you going to try to make it positive or negative?

Let me go do some soul searching.

Aww crap missed your second point.

I suppose it doesn't, but let me ask you this, how is someone going help promote a cause if they are relatively unfamiliar with said cause.

Because its about liberty and freedom not everyone needs to own a gun to support that. Not everyone that supports decriminalizing marijuana is a pot head. To some liberty is all encompassing and not just with regards to ones interest. Not saying thats the case here.

Like all the GOP-voting tea-baggers on NES trying to promote the cause of liberty? [wink]

um I guess [laugh] It's like me I'm very much a pro liberty guy, but there are some aspects of "liberty" for lack of a better term, that I'm not familiar with, therefore I don't speak out a who bunch about them.

There is so much negativity on here with regard to just who can well represent the cause. The more people that support it the better of we all are. Not everyone is a Harvard grad, not everyone is the best speaker or most polished but discouraging people from standing up for all of our rights is silly. Big deal if they are end the fed or pro pot if they are pro liberty thats what matters.

yes and that's the point is it not we all love Liberty

Were you infantry? Are you a gun owner?

What does that matter?! [rolleyes]

For those saying "well at least he's doing something he believes in". That's cute. How do you know I am not doing everything I can to help 2A? FAP is obviously dedicated but criticism must be taken seriously. He's making him and the people he's with look sloppy and unorganized. NES just is wayyy too grouchy with all the ban talk and it's gotten worse over the last few days. Lock this ****ing thread already.

Because its about liberty and freedom not everyone needs to own a gun to support that. Not everyone that supports decriminalizing marijuana is a pot head. To some liberty is all encompassing and not just with regards to ones interest. Not saying thats the case here.

I get that, but he will undoubtedly be approached, and asked about gun related information. Whats he going to say "I love liberty" that isn't going to cut it. Look me and flintoid are trying to help this kid realize he has some serious weaknesses in his "plan". He told me himself that he is the founder of FAP, by default that would make him the leader, this means he needs to be able to deliver the message of liberty. I support pro mary jane, never smoked it in my life. I try to educate myself enough on it, so that when asked, I can defend why I support the movement behind legalizing it.

So back to what I was saying is that yes, at least being familiar with guns and the gun world is important for this particular aspect.

Agreed. I think people should be allowed to take drugs if they wish. I do not. But I will make an effort to support their freedom to do so as long as it does not infringe on me and my pursuit of Life, Liberty and Happiness.

Even if I didn't own any guns (well I don't now since they all sank in the ocean last weekend) I would stand with this group to defend the 2A.

Ya know some of you guys sound like complete fools. This guy is actually out there fighting for all the things I believe in - Our liberty, freedom, our God-given rights. And what are you doing? You're going to give him shit for sitting by himself, not harming anyone, and sharing lyrics about the things he's passionate about? Let me guess, none of you have ever had a hobby or done something that might seem "odd" to someone else, right? Seriously????? So let's give him shit because he doesn't look like someone who properly "represents" gun-owners? Pathetic. It's not wonder we're losing.

Nizzie, it's obvious that the written word isn't one of your strengths. No big deal in my book. You have an obvious passion for liberty, and from what I can gather you seem to be extremely busy actually trying to do something for the cause. This may add the chaotic nature of your posts and the perception that you seem to be all over the map.

Also, I have actually read your posts and understand that you consider yourself an organizer and not a leader. I get that; you have ideas and plans, but need someone to execute. No one steps up, so you try to do it on your own and get slapped around for it.

NES, there is much fail in this thread. There are people of a younger generation who are more willing than our collective sorry asses to actually put foot-to-ass WRT liberty. Some of those people don't type well, speak in ebonics, and like hip-hop. Those are people that we can't reach from our little ivory tower. There are a lot of people who are considered throw-aways by NES who would do more for our freedoms than we would. Nizzie doesn't fit on this side of the Thin NES Line, but that isn't his fault.

If you will only stand with people who are just like you, you won't stand for very long and neither will our rights, as history has shown. I'm sure I will get flamed and I don't care. I just hope to get a few of us to really think about how closed of a group we want to be WRT fighting for liberty.

+1000

Cmon guys. The continuous name calling isn't helpful for anything. Nizzie is trying to do something good for our cause. Let's try to ally with his group so we can get a meaningful discussion going about how to organize a good pro 2a rally. I'm sure there are some people here who can design a good website for it and we'll need to decide who to invite to speak and make sure we have a permit for the event. I'm sure there are at least a few people here at NES who would be great public speakers.

When I was a freshman in college, years ago, some group appeared on campus calling itself "Committee Against Racism". This group, CAR, posted flyers all over campus advertising a rally, to be held at an off campus location, to protest racism. Lots of little rich lids showed up for the fun on protest day. When the story came out in the paper, the "spokesman" for CAR turned out to me a member of the Communist Worker's Party. He bragged about all the support that was being shown to the CWP agenda that day. Watch out for groups you know nothing about.

We don't know squat about FAP and his friends except the he's not even nominally literate, that he's been out to Occupy Boston to "show solidarity with the 99%", that he's into chemtrails and other conspiracies, and his buddies are into camo outfits, masks, bandannas, CCW badges and Christ only know what else.

This "protest" seems like a wide open and freewheeling event, without guidance, direction, leadership, logistics or even clear purpose. You want to go stand next to some creep with a bandanna over his face and a sign protesting HAARP, or some schmoe with a Guy Fawkes mask on, handing out 911 truther flyers, then go for it. You want to be on camera when a bunch of Larouchers seize the podium, do it. Any one can show up, and based on what FAP and his Facebook Militia have to show, everybody will.

This isn't about unity within the RKBA community. It's about not stepping into shit.

Ya know some of you guys sound like complete fools. This guy is actually out there fighting for all the things I believe in - Our liberty, freedom, our God-given rights. And what are you doing? You're going to give him shit for sitting by himself, not harming anyone, and sharing lyrics about the things he's passionate about? Let me guess, none of you have ever had a hobby or done something that might seem "odd" to someone else, right? Seriously????? So let's give him shit because he doesn't look like someone who properly "represents" gun-owners? Pathetic. It's not wonder we're losing.

thanks they can not tread on our dreams is it not Liberty we want?

+1000

Cmon guys. The continuous name calling isn't helpful for anything. Nizzie is trying to do something good for our cause. Let's try to ally with his group so we can get a meaningful discussion going about how to organize a good pro 2a rally. I'm sure there are some people here who can design a good website for it and we'll need to decide who to invite to speak and make sure we have a permit for the event. I'm sure there are at least a few people here at NES who would be great public speakers.

Have you seen my two threads? We're already heading in that direction.

- sent from forum runner using chisel and slate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom