Peabody man arrested after firing a gun

SteelShooter

NES Member
That's the headline in the paper. Now I want to see what you think the article is actually about. I'll post the article after seeing some comments. As a tip, it is Peabody MASSACHUSETTS. Be fair, no Googling.

Article in Post #13

Last edited:
The ol bank robbery "everyone down!" *BANG* scene? Gun charge but no burglary or attempted burglary charge?

You guys never fail to crack me up [rofl].

Here's the Article

PEABODY - A Peabody man involved in a violent domestic assault in Beverly Wednesday was quickly tracked down and arrested at his favorite coffee shop.

According to Beverly Police Lt. William Terry, Piku had entered a business at 728 Hale St. and struck (punched - my interpretation) a victim several times.

No one was injured in the incident, but police later learned that Piku had pointed the gun at the victim's head before he left

Beverly Police applied for and were granted arrest warrants for Piku on the following charges: two counts of assault with intent to murder, assault to rape, discharge of a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling, possession of a firearm without identification, four counts of assault and battery and intimidating a witness.

Out of all the shit this guy did, the Headline should be "Arrested after firing a gun"? The reporting in this world is really terrible. When I saw the headline I thought all the same things you all wrote- starter pistol, air gun etc, but no, he was arrested Assault, attempted murder, Rape, and that's the F'ing headline we get. Unreal.

Am I just being too sensitive to misleading headlines?

. . . Out of all the shit this guy did, the Headline should be "Arrested after firing a gun"? The reporting in this world is really terrible. When I saw the headline I thought all the same things you all wrote- starter pistol, air gun etc, but no, he was arrested Assault, attempted murder, Rape, and that's the F'ing headline we get. Unreal.

I know. I was confused too.

The man obviously had no LTC because he was statutorily disqualified by the prior conviction. How in HELL did he get a gun? Is there some sort of black market in Massachusetts?!

There ought to be a law! [hmmm]

In case anyone didn't catch it, I was pointing out that gun control laws did NOTHING to make his victims safer. Making it easier for his victims to protect themselves, though, THAT would make them safer.

I believe that headline had one purpose - completely unrelated to the crime.

That, or English is not the author's first language. Terrible headline.

It could have just as well been "Man arrested after putting on shoes".

Last edited:
Was this article edited?

Cause it says
Several rounds of bullets were found lodged into the ceiling of the business, but upon arrival, police found that Piku had fled the scene.

I believe that headline had one purpose - completely unrelated to the crime.

That, or English is not the author's first language. Terrible headline.

That's more possible than you would imagine. Programming and manufacturing is not the only thing that has been outsourced to india. A lot of these local rags are outsourced too and they use the internet to read the police blotters and write stories.

Just more anti-gun propaganda by the MSM. Nothing surprises me anymore. There is no such thing as journalistic standards anymore. Every effing news article has an angle and an agenda.

the article has the title it does because it was the gun that made him do all those things just like david berkowitz's dog.

hurr durr, derp.

the article has the title it does because it was the gun that made him do all those things just like david berkowitz's dog.

hurr durr, derp.

Well, guns DO cause crime. Most people are just "blank slates" until exposed to guns. Neither good nor bad. The longer people are around guns, the more their "slate" gets written on with bad. After awhile, their "slate" becomes all bad because guns are around and then that person becomes a criminal. If you take away the gun- no bad gets written on the "slate" and crime goes away.

Well, guns DO cause crime. Most people are just "blank slates" until exposed to guns. Neither good nor bad. The longer people are around guns, the more their "slate" gets written on with bad. After awhile, their "slate" becomes all bad because guns are around and then that person becomes a criminal. If you take away the gun- no bad gets written on the "slate" and crime goes away.

well ya, everyone knows that. That's just science...[laugh]

Yea, it was one of those Straw guys who waited his 12.2 years and then sold it. Damn those bloody beasts to hell....

12.9, but who is counting?

What I can't figure out is how they can buy an M-16 from a dealer using an LTC, for say, $1000 and then sell it 12.9 years later for $150, AT A PROFIT.

Now, if there was even ONE documented case where someone bought say, 10 AR-15s, waited a month and then sold them on the black market, I would say it should be remarkably easy to find such a person and prosecute him for the crime he committed.

Why would we need entire new classes of laws to find these people?

Violent criminals tend to wear shoes in the commission of their crimes. Many of these crimes could not have taken place if not for shoes.

Further, these are often not just ordinary footwear. Criminals have access to a broad range of high speed, pursuit-evasion footwear through theft and the black market. As well, there are "specialty sports shops" that supply criminals with these needlessly fast and silent "sneak-ers" under the guise of "sporting purposes." Who actually needs shoes that enable the user to run a 4-minute mile, to move almost silently, and without tiring?

As well, criminals with such pursuit-evasion footwear possess a clear advantage over law enforcement officers. Public safety cannot be ensured while such footwear is available to the general populace.

Why do we never see studies showing the incredible correlation of violent crime to the wearing of "sporting" sneakers? The powerful footwear lobby, that's why.

Clearly the time for legislative action on this terribly important public safety issue is now.

Back
Top Bottom