Parkland Bombshells from Top Cop: Staff Should’ve Been Armed, Shooter Used 5-round Magazines

They're also instructed in a fire drill if they aren't with a class to GET OUT.
I was working at a big company when we got a "take fire alarms seriously" email.

I emailed the author and asked if a fire alarm created an authorization for employees to use the nearest exit even if an alarmed emergency exit, or if we were to evacuate using only the access controlled employee entrances. Funny thing .... I never got an answer.

This story keeps getting worse the more people dig into it:
Hide, deny, spin, threaten: How the school district tried to mask failures that led to Parkland shooting

Read the whole thing

Hide, deny, spin, threaten: How the school district tried to mask failures that led to Parkland shooting
For months, Broward schools delayed or withheld records, refused to publicly assess the role of employees, spread misinformation and even sought to jail reporters who published the truth.

New information gathered by the South Florida Sun Sentinel proves that the school district knew far more than it’s saying about a disturbed former student obsessed with death and guns who mowed down staff and students with an assault rifle on Valentine’s Day.

After promising an honest assessment of what led to the shooting, the district instead hired a consultant whose primary goal, according to school records, was preparing a legal defense. Then the district kept most of those findings from the public.

The district also spent untold amounts on lawyers to fight the release of records and nearly $200,000 to pay public relations consultants who advised administrators to clam up, the Sun Sentinel found.

School administrators insist that they have been as transparent as possible; that federal privacy laws prevent them from revealing the school record of gunman Nikolas Cruz; that discussing security in detail would make schools more dangerous; and that answers ultimately will come when a state commission releases its initial findings about the shooting around New Year’s.

Beyond that, though, the cloak of secrecy illustrates the steps a beleaguered public body will take to manage and hide information in a crisis when reputations, careers and legal liability are at stake.

Startling as those details were, they pale in light of new information obtained by the Sun Sentinel, none of it included in the consultant’s report or shared publicly by the school district.

The district was well aware that Cruz, for years, was unstable and possibly murderous:

-- “I strongly feel that Nikolas is a danger to the students and faculty at this school,” Cruz’s eighth-grade language arts teacher wrote in a behavioral evaluation. “I do not feel that he understands the difference between his violent video games and reality.”

-- Cruz told one teacher in October 2013 — 4½ years before his Parkland rampage — that “I would rather be on the street killing animals and setting fires.”

At one point, the district said it would cost $2,600 for reporters to see copies of letters that teachers and staff sent to School Board members after the shooting. The district said it would charge $2,700 for Principal Ty Thompson’s emails related to Cruz, the tragedy and security.

Journalists obtained some of the letters months later after negotiating a lower price. Other emails were released only after the parents of dead students sued the school district, saying they had been unable to obtain public records.

The Sun Sentinel has petitioned to join that suit, one of several cases that have led the district into court over secrecy.

Just two weeks after the attack, news companies sued the district to obtain surveillance video from outside Stoneman Douglas so the public could evaluate the response of police officers. The school district argued that the footage would give away security secrets. An appellate judge rejected that argument, calling the video “something that the parents of students should be able to evaluate to participate in future decisions concerning the safety of their children.”

The school district was back in court after its consultant’s report was completed. After first refusing to release the report, school lawyers suddenly sought a judge’s permission to do so, but only with vast sections blacked out to hide Cruz’s information.

Last edited:
I have some and boy are they expensive.

Yes, even before VT went batshit with the bump stock and mag bans from Dick Scott or whoever that a**h*** is, they had 5 rd limit for hunting. So I got a couple of 5 round AR mags for my 300 BLK deer AR.

Wake-Up Everyone!...This cop unwittingly was telling all of us, that EVERY SINGLE MASS "Shooting" From Now On, Will Be STAGED using Five Round Pump Action Shot Guns and Revolvers, so they can start the Push to Try and Ban all of those and Concealed Carry By Default!

You people better start calling out every single mass "Shooting" from now on as STAGED, unless we see Clear, HD, Time Stamped Video start to Finish Proof or we are going to Lose all of Our God Given Liberty!
[slap].

Yes, everyone in Israel is shaking in their sandals as they attend school, synagogue, church, shop, etc.

Pardon me but only snowflakes can't take the pressure of seeing a person (even police) armed without being "triggered"! Time to get rid of the counselors and safe rooms and toughen up the sheep.
To be fair, I'm not a fan of cops with guns. They sure don't have a good history with them. Dogs, Eurie Stamps, Oscar Grant, etc....

Last edited:
I was unaware that there was such an animal. 10 rounders barely stick out of the magwell.

Magazine restrictions are unconstitutional, period.

I have about 6 or 7, 5 round magazines kicking around. As mentioned, some places have (had?) 5 round limits. They are the same length as 10's with a plastic bottom. I also have a few 5 round FNFAL magazines for my 308 Bushmaster BAR-10 for the same reason. For an oddity that many may not know of which are made, I have 5 round clips for an M-1 Garrand. I saw a few 2 round clips also.

Yes, even before VT went batshit with the bump stock and mag bans from Dick Scott or whoever that a**h*** is, they had 5 rd limit for hunting. So I got a couple of 5 round AR mags for my 300 BLK deer AR.
I think technically NH has a 5 rnd hunting limit. When you check your deer they only ask what caliber you shot it with, they don’t check the firearm. I don’t load the mag all the way because it’s not cheap ammo, but I definitely ignore stupid rules.

From the link:

I will confess that I have historically not been a fan of the armed teacher idea the NRA pushes after ever shooting. My reasoning is straightforward: these shootings are a such a statistical rarity that schools shouldn’t be going to great lengths to prep for them. And if that prep involves arming up school staff across the country, then the number of negligent discharges (or firearms left unattended) will go up, and the negative press will blow back on gun rights.

Furthermore, active shooter preparations that create a “threat” type of environment at the school, and put the kids in a “lockdown” mindset — things like school shooter drills or visibly armed staff — only serve to create a climate of fear among parents and children that feeds support for gun control measures.

There is a lot of truth in this statement. Unless teachers are trained and drilled (I'd say to a higher standard than run of the mill cops who qual once a year), the first paragraph is absolutely what WILL happen. JFC, a DEA agent let one go in a classroom and he was supposedly 'trained' in firearm usage.

The second paragraph is more of a mindset, stop saying the piece of metal is dangerous and the 'fear' of having an armed teacher goes with it.

There is a lot of truth in this statement. Unless teachers are trained and drilled (I'd say to a higher standard than run of the mill cops who qual once a year), the first paragraph is absolutely what WILL happen. JFC, a DEA agent let one go in a classroom and he was supposedly 'trained' in firearm usage.

The second paragraph is more of a mindset, stop saying the piece of metal is dangerous and the 'fear' of having an armed teacher goes with it.

We should NOT train teachers with firearms, just let those who already have a permit (or right to carry) do so. It's about the deterrent, take away the gun-free kill zone appeal of our schools. There's a reason you don't have shootings in malls anymore. They're full of people carrying.

We should NOT train teachers with firearms, just let those who already have a permit (or right to carry) do so. It's about the deterrent, take away the gun-free kill zone appeal of our schools. There's a reason you don't have shootings in malls anymore. They're full of people carrying.

I used teachers in a general sense, obviously I don't want Miss Gunsareicky to be trained up. We are talking the same people. But just a CCW is in no way near the level of training to engage someone in a school. Period.

I used teachers in a general sense, obviously I don't want Miss Gunsareicky to be trained up. We are talking the same people. But just a CCW is in no way near the level of training to engage someone in a school. Period.

The cop on duty in Columbine was out there cause he couldn’t pass the 25’ pistol qualification, he couldn’t even hit the target. Yet he saved a lot of lives engaging and delaying the shooters for 5 minutes.

You don’t have to be any good to deter would be shooters, or to delay actual shooters.

The cop on duty in Columbine was out there cause he couldn’t pass the 25’ pistol qualification, he couldn’t even hit the target. Yet he saved a lot of lives engaging and delaying the shooters for 5 minutes.

The Columbine resource officer was actually on his lunch break without anyone provided to cover his absence and rushed his ass back to duty as soon as the call came in. Compare that to the Parkland RO that hid the entire time when they were already on scene from the get go.

The Columbine resource officer was actually on his lunch break without anyone provided to cover his absence and rushed his ass back to duty as soon as the call came in. Compare that to the Parkland RO that hid the entire time when they were already on scene from the get go.

Parkland RO was not only hiding. He was also confusing everyone who was on the way to help!

View: https://youtu.be/1jVZOl4x3L8

Last edited:
Yes, everyone in Israel is shaking in their sandals as they attend school, synagogue, church, shop, etc.

Pardon me but only snowflakes can't take the pressure of seeing a person (even police) armed without being "triggered"! Time to get rid of the counselors and safe rooms and toughen up the sheep.

View: https://youtu.be/wY18BjDaQEw

Good read, especially pgs 26, 54, 65
Epic fail from top to bottom.

Where is Hogg? Where are marching kids leaving schools? Does anybody even care anymore since we all know we need STRICTER GUN CONTROL?

This nation does not mind brainwashing children and sending them to attack rights of law abiding citizens, but it remains suspiciously quiet once there is a well documented real issue which begs to be addressed.

Where is Hogg? Where are marching kids leaving schools? Does anybody even care anymore since we all know we need STRICTER GUN CONTROL?

This nation does not mind brainwashing children and sending them to attack rights of law abiding citizens, but it remains suspiciously quiet once there is a well documented real issue which begs to be addressed.
all part of the plan, they don't want facts to get in the way. "Don't let a good tragedy go to waste"

Scot Peterson argues he didn’t have to intervene in Parkland school shooting. A judge disagrees.

I firmly believe Scot Peterson had a moral obligation to intervene to try to stop the massacre.
I also believe that he should have a legal obligation to act to protect the community.

But didn't the DC court of appeals rule (Warren vs DC) that the police do not have a specific duty to intervene.
Is it that Warren vs DC stated no duty to protect an individual and that there is still a duty to protect the "community at large" ie the school.

I firmly believe Scot Peterson had a moral obligation to intervene to try to stop the massacre.
I also believe that he should have a legal obligation to act to protect the community.

But didn't the DC court of appeals rule (Warren vs DC) that the police do not have a specific duty to intervene.
Is it that Warren vs DC stated no duty to protect an individual and that there is still a duty to protect the "community at large" ie the school.

+1 I don't think we should be legislating punishments for cowardice. It's not like he deserted, he just froze.

I was working at a big company when we got a "take fire alarms seriously" email.

I emailed the author and asked if a fire alarm created an authorization for employees to use the nearest exit even if an alarmed emergency exit, or if we were to evacuate using only the access controlled employee entrances. Funny thing .... I never got an answer.

I would not have asked, and just did what they wanted (leave as quickly as possible). ;-)

Was this not the ENTIRE PURPOSE OF HIS JOB?

Back
Top Bottom