Para Ordnance - New Guns Released...

I still don't see my "perfect" Para - a singlestack 9mm with an LDA trigger and a 3" or 3.5" barrel...

Para-Ordnance is coming out with a CWX79R which is a double action single stack model pistol 9mm with a 3" barrel. The receiver is alloy and the finish is covert black. This pistol should be available around the end of June, beginning of July.

Sincerely,

Caroline Crawford

Even though some of the models are Hi-Cap, we mass residents cannot get them over 10 rds right, unless they are pre-ban?

FWIW, the .40 and .45 variants of most of the paras, preban mags are
readily availiable.... of course the prices you pay are going to vary
somewhat. ~$35-60 a mag is common.

What's bizarre is that para themselves is still selling preban mags, although
they won't ship them here. (for $50 each... )

-Mike

M&P is currently under evaluation by the AG's office. The MA firearm retail industry is expecting the results at any time now.

Under evaluation??? And where does this secret evaluation take place? Who conducts the evaluation? I'd like to get some more information on this highly questionable process.

Chris

Ok, before this turns into a roast, lets take it easy on him. Moga, I would seriously suggest you do a little homework to see what process a handgun must go through to be sold in state by a dealer. There is a lot of information here in the forum about it. I can tell you that the AG's office does not evaluate any guns.

Last edited:
You can find them at just about every one of the gun shows that come through.

You can also order them directly from Para, kinda makes me suspicious that they ALWAYS had preban mags available during and after the ban for the low price of $50 (same as new mags I believe). Not gonna complain though.

Para

I had a Para a few years back and not looking forward to buying another one. Quality was worse than, say, S&W. There are hi-cap mags for sale on the Internet, but I suspect they are illegal here in Mass. It is good to have another option though.

Not to nitpick, but "not legal" is incorrect. If the gun is on the EOPS list, it is is in EVERY WAY legal to own, and to buy for that matter. The only restriction is that a Mass dealer "can't" sell you one. I put can't in quotes due to the simple fact that it is in no way "illegal" for a dealer to sell you a gun that is not on the AG list (provided that it is in fact on the EOPS list) given that the AG CMR is just that, a Regulation, not a law.

Er... yes, I knew that, but didn't type it all out. I guess you couldn't read my mind! [grin]

Back
Top Bottom