Panic Buying for the Next Generation?

I don't think we'll ever see a time in our lives where the price of ANYTHING (especially firearms related) will go DOWN. BUY! BUY! BUY! Like your wallet is on fire and your money won't be worth the paper it's made of in a year (this could actually be coming).

IMHO gun prices will eventually stabilize, it's going to take awhile, but it won't take long before the market gets "sated". Even if by some miracle biden gets elected, even that panic is
only going to go so far.

Ammo on the other hand, regardless of who wins, that's going to be f***ing brutal- because we're likely adding another 2-5 million or more gun owners since the start of this corona
shit. And even if only 500,000 of them shoot on the reg, that's a hell of a demand on the ammo market.

Nobody ever gets hosed by buying ammo unless they pay like double what the "old price" was, or something that crazy. Anything remotely reasonable is never a
bad investment.

IMHO gun prices will eventually stabilize, it's going to take awhile, but it won't take long before the market gets "sated". Even if by some miracle biden gets elected, even that panic is
only going to go so far.

Ammo on the other hand, regardless of who wins, that's going to be f***ing brutal- because we're likely adding another 2-5 million or more gun owners since the start of this corona
shit. And even if only 500,000 of them shoot on the reg, that's a hell of a demand on the ammo market.

Nobody ever gets hosed by buying ammo unless they pay like double what the "old price" was, or something that crazy. Anything remotely reasonable is never a
bad investment.
If you are not reloading, you’re not paying attention.

If you are not reloading, you’re not paying attention.

Yep. I’ve been more focused on getting reloading components than factory rounds. Lord knows I have thousands and thousands of rounds of once fired brass and a few thousand rounds of twice fired brass. Projectiles, powders, and primers are what I’m after.

Primers are starting to be a pain to find - shotgun, pistol, rifle, and in all large or small. That’s starting to piss me off.

So bro can talk about guns as toys with but this the wrong thread.
[/QUOTE]

Your reading comprehension is terrible.

Also, you seem like a very grumpy person. maybe there is just something going on in your life? If you need someone to talk to I'm here for you, just PM me.

Yet another thread demonstrating that the "prepper" mentality is still far and few. It's not just guns and ammo. How about food, water, shelter, fire, the list goes on. Only when you imagine GT actually happening do you brainstorm how else you can prepare.

Do you all think it is crazy to start buying stuff for the next generation? I am thinking trying to get ahead of AWB 2.0 etc.. I feel like it is just a matter of time and I don’t want to be kicking myself in 20 years.
Nope, not at all. I’ve thought the same myself and planned accordingly..

Don't buy for "panic" reasons.

Use the right mentality.

You're buying out of SPITE.
Why I ordered a P80. Saw the AG wants to go after them, so I ordered for the sake of adding another frame to my collection.

I guess I can say it is for my future child. I should order another frame.

True, but it will be at a "new norma" somewhere between the pre run-up and current prices.

Yeah, but on the whole gun prices didn't drop that much. Most of the price will be represented by inflation more than supply/demand once stability is
reached. I bought like 3 guns recently and they all were only marginally more expensive than they were in 2019... most of that could be chalked up to inflation. Yeah the grabagun skinflint deals are gone, but most people weren't buying at that level anyways. Those were never "normal" prices, just huge overstocks and that kind of thing that only occurred on some skus.

There's also at least one gun I bought recently that was literally only $10 more than the same thing cost me at the post-trump-slump time.

Yep. I’ve been more focused on getting reloading components than factory rounds. Lord knows I have thousands and thousands of rounds of once fired brass and a few thousand rounds of twice fired brass. Projectiles, powders, and primers are what I’m after.

Primers are starting to be a pain to find - shotgun, pistol, rifle, and in all large or small. That’s starting to piss me off.
I have Large rifle CCI and Large Rifle Magnum CCI.

If anyone wants to trade for Small Pistol Federal, Winchester or CCI, let me know. We can do 1 for 1 trade. I have a few thousand of each.

Do you all think it is crazy to start buying stuff for the next generation? I am thinking trying to get ahead of AWB 2.0 etc.. I feel like it is just a matter of time and I don’t want to be kicking myself in 20 years.
Right. For the kids, not for me. I am thinking that AWB 2.0 would cut off more than just lowers, but dropping a few k on gun parts right now is a tough pill to swallow.
If you have to ask, it's pretty clear that you don't yet have enough guns. [thinking]

Ammo is definitely in a sorry state right now. Worse than 1 to 2 months ago. Almost nothing to invest in except if you don't mind paying extra on less popular calibers like 6.5 creed and 10mm. I don't like this but I still got a lot of ammo and I don't see a ban on ammo, sooner or later it will stabilize to something tolerable even if some moonbat ends "online sales".

Gun parts is a little unclear, definitely less supply on popular specialty stuff but nobody ran on pmags to the point of denting supply to my knowledge. One day I think many parts are scarce, next it doesn't look so bad, hard to say.

I suspect to some extent even businesses are hoarding certain parts in preparation for any bad news come November, ie if you are in the business of building custom AR's you probably will buy enough stock to get you through a heavy year of business now. Most likely any ban will impact new stock, not what is sitting on the shelf when the clock strikes midnight.

But you would also expect production to be round the clock full bore from manufacturers to keep up.

Covid is probably dampening production in some areas right when we need it the most.

Ammo is definitely in a sorry state right now. Worse than 1 to 2 months ago. Almost nothing to invest in except if you don't mind paying extra on less popular calibers like 6.5 creed and 10mm. I don't like this but I still got a lot of ammo and I don't see a ban on ammo, sooner or later it will stabilize to something tolerable even if some moonbat ends "online sales".

My TSUSA membership is about to renew and I’m seriously considering letting it lapse because nothing I want is in stock, or if it is, it’s at least 30% more than what I paid for last year. I have thousands of rounds of factory loads and plenty of reloads, so I’m on the fence about renewing, but once in a while I catch a deal that makes it all worthwhile. Dunno....

My TSUSA membership is about to renew and I’m seriously considering letting it lapse because nothing I want is in stock, or if it is, it’s at least 30% more than what I paid for last year. I have thousands of rounds of factory loads and plenty of reloads, so I’m on the fence about renewing, but once in a while I catch a deal that makes it all worthwhile. Dunno....

Does the membership get you early access to inventory or is it just lower pricing? I was thinking about a membership last night, but it seems like a waste if there's nothing worth ordering.

Does the membership get you early access to inventory or is it just lower pricing? I was thinking about a membership last night, but it seems like a waste if there's nothing worth ordering.

You get advanced notice by a few hours along with lower pricing and free shipping. In normal times, it's totally worth it. In this chaos-mode we're in right now where too many newbs are getting into firearms and stocking up, CA is/was letting online sites sell into their state, etc., the inventory for what I need is hit or miss. I set reminders, but I'm not necessarily near a computer when what I want is back in stock, and it seems those are gone in minutes anyway.

Quiet. Little Jack has been doing that for years now. At my ATF audits they want to know how my inventory keeps going down without me selling anything. Jack.
ATF: "Jack, you seriously mean to tell me you've had seven boating accidents in as many years?"

ATF: "Jack, you seriously mean to tell me you've had seven boating accidents in as many years?"
Well, I don't play games with ATF. The advertised penalties are too severe. I've been in good standing with Boston ATF for 40 years. They know that Little Jack's dad in NH has the FFL/SOT and is a RP on my license. No problems. I tell them that if they want to audit Jack's dad that if they want to bring some .45 hardball they can shoot the subguns. Jack.

You could let it lapse until its time to buy again but the instant you are buying without the membership its just starting to add up to a membership, shipping alone on small quantities pays for a membership in short time. I feel like mine automatically renewed or something, has been awhile.

You could let it lapse until its time to buy again but the instant you are buying without the membership its just starting to add up to a membership, shipping alone on small quantities pays for a membership in short time. I feel like mine automatically renewed or something, has been awhile.

Yeah - that’s where the math comes into play, but so does the long run projection on the ammo climate. Am I out running new calibers? No - I’m sticking with what I have, so if I need something as little as 100 rounds of X, then I’m not getting upside by keeping the membership.

More than 100 rounds of X, then I have to push the pencil a bit.

Yeah - that’s where the math comes into play, but so does the long run projection on the ammo climate. Am I out running new calibers? No - I’m sticking with what I have, so if I need something as little as 100 rounds of X, then I’m not getting upside by keeping the membership.

More than 100 rounds of X, then I have to push the pencil a bit.

One of the things I really like with the membership, although I do burn > 10k rounds a year of centerfire so I buy some bulk ammo, is if I am buying match stuff for long range, few boxes of this or one of that, a caliber I don't stock a lot of, etc, it's still free shipping. No need or reason to play games to reduce cost or stress about if you forgot something, kinda takes the stress out of ammo shopping .

One of the things I really like with the membership, although I do burn > 10k rounds a year of centerfire so I buy some bulk ammo, is if I am buying match stuff for long range, few boxes of this or one of that, a caliber I don't stock a lot of, etc, it's still free shipping. No need or reason to play games to reduce cost or stress about if you forgot something, kinda takes the stress out of ammo shopping .

True - especially over $95 or $100 bucks. I know I’m going to be shooting a lot more as this summer picks up (and after I get my yard back to where it should be), so I’ll probably want to have at least the access to the discounts and free shipping is likely worth it.

Back
Top Bottom