• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Panic Buying for the Next Generation?

Huh?

If you have or reasonably expect to have kids, buying guns and ammo for those kids is a good idea. However, how do you know what your gun needs are going to be over the next twenty years? What are you going to do, calculate your median or top 5% rate of ammo and gun parts consumption within the last few years, then use that to make projections like "I'll need 10,000 rounds of [caliber] per year; thus, I'll need 200,000 rounds"? Or, "shit, I expect a second Federal assault weapons ban, let me buy 100 80% lowers."

You're trying to game an inherently unpredictable system. Buy what you can, when you can, unless this is a business for you. Even still, businesses have to operate on a profitable basis.
Focus on the basics. Teach the kids (and grandkids!) the history of the Second Amendment and its relevance in today's political environment. Most of all, get them to the range and teach them the life skills of good marksmanship and safe gun handling. These youngsters are our future. If they don't support our 2A rights, they will eventually be lost.

Any firearm purchase I make today is always vetted against the likelihood it will be banned. There are some pretty basic things I'd like to own like a nice lever gat. But when push comes to shove I wont bother with anything that's not a semiautomatic rifle or handgun.

Any firearm purchase I make today is always vetted against the likelihood it will be banned. There are some pretty basic things I'd like to own like a nice lever gat. But when push comes to shove I wont bother with anything that's not a semiautomatic rifle or handgun.

It's unfortunate I have also been shopping in this manner. For instance I really wanted to buy a high end bolt gun, and maybe a revolver too this year but given availability on those is not in peril I have invested in other things.

Stupid liberals just don't understand I would own like 5 AR's and not 20, same for mags and all sorts of stuff, if they just let established law stand.

Back
Top Bottom