• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Palmetto State Armory

Not going to go into who ships where thread.

That being said, what are most people that order from them average order time? I ordered a upper from them on Cyber Monday and it took them 10 days to ship it and 5 to deliver it.

What are others order time?

This time a year, my educated guess is ever since black Friday they have probably been one week out for shipments. Following the additional Christmas time shopping I would put them at a little over a week. Their website says 5-10 days before anything is even processed.

it usually takes them about 2-3 weeks to ship something out. in my experience anyways. this refers to late 2014 not 2013 (height of the scare). they are quite busy from what i can tell.

My order is still processing from 12/18

Mine was still "processing" until today, even though it was delivered 5 days ago.

The PSA website is PTAC brand...

- - - Updated - - -

it usually takes them about 2-3 weeks to ship something out. in my experience anyways. this refers to late 2014 not 2013 (height of the scare). they are quite busy from what i can tell.

Shipping is a bit faster now than it was then.

I was surprised on my first PSA order but "customer service" directed me to the little blip at the bottom of upper listings.

*Please allow at least 15 business days for your Complete Assembled Upper to ship from our facility. Holiday and special sale lead times can be longer*

I can't believe they build EVERYTHING to order. I've learned to take the deals from PSA and be glad when they show up, that or pay more to Midway and have it arrive before I blink!

I can't believe they build EVERYTHING to order. I've learned to take the deals from PSA and be glad when they show up, that or pay more to Midway and have it arrive before I blink!

What I don't understand, is that if everyone is made to order, how does their site know if a complete upper is in stock or not.

- - - Updated - - -

The PSA website is PTAC brand...

Shipping is a bit faster now than it was then.
What is PTAC brand?

My second to last order took a full month. Turns out they didn't have any blem 10.5 uppers, so they pulled a non-blem and shipped it overnight air to me.

The low cost provider is almost never the best managed business overall. They have legions of people who are willing to tolerate poor service for a low price. Just hope it's the right part, if it isn't you will learn then how bad they are at customer service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The low cost provider is almost never the best managed business overall. They have legions of people who are willing to tolerate poor service for a low price. Just hope it's the right part, if it isn't you will learn then how bad they are at customer service.

You're probably right, but I've spent literally thousands of dollars with PSA, over dozens of orders, and have never received the wrong part. I know they make a mistake or two with their volume, but you make them sound like a bunch of semi-trained monkeys pulling stock off shelves and throwing it in boxes.

Repeat: I can probably go head-to-head with almost any non-dealer here for volume from PSA (note: this is not something I'm proud of; it's like a sickness), and I have never had a problem with an order.

I'm with Scott.... I've spent a bunch of dough with PSA... not one problem..... great prices and good products, and EXCELLENT SERVICE for the cost!

I just ordered a 20 inch premium psa upper 3 days ago. Their price cant be beat, around 400 with bcg and ch. if i get it in a month ill be happy.

They are gay with not shipping ammo and lowers. They used to ship. There are other places that will do that.

When going with a budget build psa is the place to go. P

Last edited:
PSA is a great vendor if you understand what to expect going into it. They don't ship same day, often not same week. If you need parts in a hurry, it's the wrong place to go. If you're not in a hurry, and you're okay with your order shipping when it ships (maybe same week, maybe within 30 days), and you want to save money - their prices are hard to beat.

Example: Recent 30% off all reloading stuff sale. If you need a set of dies so you can have ammo rolled for next week - not the best option. If you've had in the back of your mind "I should pick up a set of XX dies next time I see a good sale" - then it's exactly what you need. I just got a set of Hornady .45ACP dies for $27.99 - that's pretty hard to beat. As well as the few other odds and ends I added to it.*

Their shipping costs aren't the best in the business, but they don't gouge at all, either. (I'd love to see a USPS Flat Rate option, but I also understand a high volume Internet retailer can't feasibly determine what orders they can fit in a small flat rate box. Can't have everything you want, and some of their better sales more than make up for it.)

*- One of those small things was Hornady Lock-n-Load bushings, because I'm lazy and I love how easy it is to just drop in a die in my new Rockchucker. If you're not buying them on sale like the one referenced above, Amazon Prime sells the conversion kit with three bushings cheaper than just the three bushings. Best other price I've seen.

I plan on building an AR in the spring, so I ordered a Magpul STR build kit (the palmetto kit, not the P-Tac). If I wanted to do a budget kit, they have them to, you could build an entry level AR for around $400 on their site.

Build plans:
Anderson lower: $75
Palmetto Magpul STR build Kit: $185
Palmetto upper: $280
Palmetto HPT/MPI BCG + Charging Handle: $110

Total: $650

I went with their higher end products, if I went budget, I could have saved some coin, but I built an AR that I wanted.

What's the deal with P-tac and why all the hate when you google it?

Last edited:
As others have said, ship times are the primary drawback of their low prices. They run crazy deals sometimes that make the wait worth it. $35 for nice rear flip up sights? How can you beat that? $200 uppers? $80 complete lower kits?

When you want to slap together a toy, PSA is the first place to look.

Mostly quality/QC issues. I think at one point (This past year or two) there was no QC and they were just throwing things in boxes as fast as they could.

I am thinking about picking one of these up: http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...m-diamond-without-bcg-or-charging-handle.html

It comes with the rail I want, and it has a forged upper, there isn't much for specs on the barrel, but for a beater gun, I see nothing really wrong with it. I guess someone just will have to buy it an and give it a review.

Back
Top Bottom