Own/Shot Beretta CX4 Storm?

Hi All,

Looking to see if anyone has experience with the Beretta CX4 Storm carbine. Reviews online seem mostly positive. A female friend is enjoying my AR15 but the shoulder stock is a bit long for her and it is a smidge heavy for her to enjoy shooting for longer lengths of time. She currently owns and enjoys shooting a Beretta 92FS. As the CX4 Storm can use the same magazines, this seems a decent option for her. While the felt recoil is minor with the AR15, that of the Storm it would seem would be even less. Plus with the add on rails she can trick it out to her heart's content.

Thanks in advance

-Ted

I shot a mag or two through it once. Very heavy trigger. Ergonomics were good. I did not shoot for accuracy so I can't say much else about it positive or negative.

The price is a turn off for me, I would almost rather buy a pistol caliber AR-15 upper so that I could swap lowers and invest in a single good trigger group for that lower. The Ruger PC-9 is cheaper.

I own one and like it. If you are going to carry a 92, it makes sense to have this because of the magazines.

The trigger does start off heavy but improves a bit with use. The people I know who have them enjoy shooting them and find them plenty accurate for their intended purpose. I seem to get my best accuracy with 147 grain bullets.

This guy carries alot of Beretta accessories if you are seriously interested in getting one. I've dealt with him when he was in PA (?) and he seemed pretty good.

www.houtsenterprises.com

If you can try one out first, do it.

The ergonomics just did not work for me. The gun felt odd to shoulder, sight and fire. This was a disappointment, as I wanted one of these guns very badly when I first saw them. Handling and then shooting one changed my opinion on the Beretta Cx4 and I relegated it to the "guns that will never be" pile. I just found it to be uncomfortable, poor triger and a cheap feel to it. I decided that my IMI Model B Uzi would be my only 9mm carbine and am glad I did. They may have made some improvements since first introduced however, so it may be worth a look-see.

I've fondled a CX4 on more than one occasion and found the ergos to be
downright sucky on it. The only thing to like about the thing is it takes 92FS mags.

I'd rather have an AR that takes modified uzi mags.

Or better yet, just an M1 Carbine that works right.... they're hard to beat... low
recoil and a lot more capability than a typical 9mm. Plus they just look
cool.

-Mike

I've fondled a CX4 on more than one occasion and found the ergos to be
downright sucky on it. The only thing to like about the thing is it takes 92FS mags.

I'd rather have an AR that takes modified uzi mags.

Or better yet, just an M1 Carbine that works right.... they're hard to beat... low
recoil and a lot more capability than a typical 9mm. Plus they just look
cool.

-Mike

You know? Mike makes a great point. My wife's absolute favorite rifle is her M1 Carbine. It's light, reliable, great ergonomics, accurate and powerful, (enough). On a more modern note, she's also a Kel-Tec SU-16 fan, but would throw it off a cliff for her Inland M1 Carbine....

I owned a CX4 for about 1 week, I loved the look of it, but the ergonomics did not work for me, and the trigger pull was terrible, I then figured I would let my wife shoot it, she did not like it either, and she would much rather shoot my Ruger 10/22. Light, cheep to shoot, no recoil, and nice trigger pull.

I looked at one and was unimpressed with the plastic controls. For that kind of money, I expect more solid build quality. I passed on it, and I have LOTS of 92 hi-caps, it might have been fun, or it might have been a $700 mistake.

I bought my wife a 9 mm Storm and she just loves it. That is HER gun. The trigger may be a bit heavy, but she can really work it. I installed a rail on the top and mounted a Bushnell Trophy red dot on it. My wife is a fairly new shooter and that little carbine has bolstered her confidence enormously. She can consistently pop eggs at 50 yards which to her seems like a minor miracle. It is the only gun she will shoot now. It has increased her enjoyment in shooting which translates into her wanting to hit the range more frequently which means more time together doing something that we both enjoy. I enjoy seeing the pride and satisfaction that she exudes after a shooting session. The Storm may not be for everyone, but it sure works for my wife.

Also at this point she has put about 1000 rds through it without any type of malfunction.

For me, the Storm is a plinking gun. It's fun and inexpensive to shoot, but it has sufficient power to be used for home defense if needed. Accurate enough and the trigger seems fine to me. But as a pistol caliber carbine goes, there are better ones out there (HK94)

What is the bullet drop for a 9mm fired from a carbine at 100 yards vs the bullet from a .30 carbine round?

What about at 200 yards?

What is the bullet drop for a 9mm fired from a carbine at 100 yards vs the bullet from a .30 carbine round?

What about at 200 yards?

Um - not much....If you notice the target board, I initially was aiming high to compensate for my own perception of 9mm bullet drop. It was not needed. This was a combination of off hand and seated bench rest at 100-yards. Though I have no photos, (yet), with the sight flipped to 200-yards, the results were much the same - though not quite as tight. I was all over center mass at 200-yards on a full sized silhouette. Recently, I was using Speer +P GDHP 9mm at 100 and 200 yards and was consistently ringing an 18" gong. The Uzi is no slouch in the accuracy department

Uzi100Group.jpg

Back
Top Bottom