• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New 1911 owner, got a stash of mags, this is not my area of expertise!

You don’t IWB 24/7/365??

It’s a Glock, it’s made to be dirty….it stays holsterrd.

Apparently you don’t carry!??!!

Nothing is made to be dirty.
Everything has a failure point.

You chose it and carry it to possibly save your life at a moments notice, taking an active part in the success of its role and respecting it is to your benefit.

You chose it and carry it to possibly save your life at a moments notice, taking an active part in the success of its role and respecting it is to your benefit.
Yeah but... I don't think its even possible to make a Glock fail from pocket lint! LOL

I am generally a little OCD about cleaning. I clean guns after a range trip, and almost never put a gun back in the safe dirty. I know @drgrant says I am crazy, but I just can't. I usually wipe down my carry gun every week and give it a good cleaning/ function test on the last Sunday of every month. Well this summer, life got busy and I just forgot. I went almost 3 months without even pulling my carry gun out of it's holster! ( 365 in a Vedder Kydex holster). Went to the range a couple of times but my carry gun never left my holster.
Well when I finally did unholster it, I was horrified. It was covered in lint, dust and Gold Bond powder.( like I said, it was summertime) I always use a little grease on the rails and I could see shmegmoids on the grease. It gave me that same feeling you get when you were a kid and had that dream that you were in school and forgot to wear pants.
But I had to know! So I took it out back and fired a single round into the wood pile. It went boom and cycled the next round. I came in and my wife said, "Did you hear that boom? It sounded like a gun shot." and I said " Nah, it sounded like someone had a left over fire cracker from the 4th that they lit off."

OP - sorry to derail. I like my Wilson Combat mags for my 1911's when carried, but have honestly not had any issues with my "range mags"

Loose tolerances means drop in mud and still worky.

Not trying to argue, however, my carry philosophy is more along the lines of cheap disposable always go bang, nothing fancy, who cares if it gets lost and lots of magazine compatibility…. I’m not really so much a Glock guy, they’re the Honda civic or Toyota Corolla of guns. They work, nothing to write home about. (I drive a lariat superduty 350, way fancier than I need).

I’m not carrying my shadow, my cz-75, my 229, 226, 92fs…..I could go on.

To me, a carry gun is potentially a throw away gun. Doesn’t hurt that I have 34 round mags for multiple of these crappy trigger plastic guns in every vehicle and all around the house.

Anyways, I’m upgrading to a fancy Gun, and I’m excited about it.

Oh for sure. I carry a Glock 19 for that exact reason haha

I just have this compulsive need to promote 1911s so I can justify my purchases [smile]

Back
Top Bottom