Our friend at the North Attleboro LGS in the news...

Also known as the "Brockton Triangle", it consists loosely of a triangle formed by Brockton, Fall River and New Bedford. [thinking]

Nothing good ever happens in the Brockton Triangle (well, certainly not to me anyway). [cheers]

Other definition: Look at the map of Massachusetts and where the "armpit" of the Cape Cod "arm" is located. [dance]
My friend, nothing good happens east of the Woostah!

F’ him.

Heard he was trying to sell a while ago and for a LOT despite having crap for inventory, let alone a bad reputation.

That's pretty common. For people to believe their business is worth considerably more than it is.

TO had a decent business when he was that full shop. Must be 12-15 yrs ago when he was an officer at Mansfield I swung by his shop. It was hopping. It was probably worth something then. Although he was not the easiest person to do business with.

Today? I can't say for sure what's in his head, but I can certainly tell you what others have thought in his place:

"Sure I'm not making as much as I used to, but I'm slowing down, that's all. You just gotta turn the spigot on and the place is worth a gold mine. Just some work and a new shop and advertising and good will. All that hard work by a buyer is FREE so they owe ME big for the opportunity to make money in the future."

Forget that the barrier to entry isn't THAT high. Someone could just build another gun shop nearby and tell you to go screw. People don't think that way.

Years ago, I was helping this small garage with a retirement plan. Dad started the garage. I say garage. They were a Cummings repair shop. Anyhow, the old man had five boys or something and employed them at teh shop. But he took out every nickel out of the place PLUS made contributions (that he promised to his boys were for everyone) into an age-weighted retirement plan. (That means that the oldest person has the most money. Dad is 65. Next oldest is 30 and goes down from there. Guess who gets 85% of the balance???)

He might have given them all the building. I forget. But dad just up-and-left with all of the cash in the retirement plan and barely enough business, at the time, to employ 5 people. Oh, and no idea how to run the business.

I know that Dad thought he was a financial success because he "got paid." But he did it on the backs of his kids. That was a d-bag move for sure.

Back
Top Bottom