other forums

ar15.com(as much as here)
reloadbench.com(rarely)
thefiringline.com(rarely)

Last time this one done it was done with other forums in general so based on that thread....

in before "there are other forums??"[smile]

None. All the rest kind of went down the Road to Perdition and are lost causes now. NES is suffering from it's own popularity, but still has a long way to go before it reaches those levels.

. NES is suffering from it's own popularity.

I would agree to a certain extent. I'm starting to hear the NES name tossed about in gun shops in a derogatory way. For example:
Guy #1: "The PPS trigger is not so great."
Guy #2: "Bullsh!t, you just read that on NES."

Often, guy #2 is a shop employee.

I'm happy for the success of NES, but do miss the familial atmosphere it used to have. NES remains the only gun forum I participate in, and continues to be a bargain at $19 per year.

Chris

I have no desire to find other firearms forums other than this one. I belong to many other forums for other things but none as active as this one. I am also addicted to this place because it is made up of local people so it brings a sense of familiarity and likeliness.

I've checked out thefiringline before, but I never signed up for a username. Like ASHDUMP said, NES is more appealing because it's mostly made up of people from my corner of the country, including my own asinine state. Plus, people here are helpful.

I visit Brian Enos for the best IDPA, USPSA and relevant reloading information. It has a lot of very good shooters sharing their insight to the games.

I also visit the High Road for general gun/shooting/hunting information. It seems to require a higher level of proof, then many forums do, for “factual” assertions, which I like.

Respectfully,
jkelly

There seem to be two "highroad" forums these days. I just returned to it after nearly two years away, and the one I got too was noticably different than what I remember. I do also occasionaly hit "the firing line".

Back
Top Bottom