• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ortgies .25 Cal Pocket Pistol Problem

I have an Ortgies .25 pocket pistol manufactured by "DEUTSCHE WERKE, WERK ERFURT". It's in very good condition however it just isn't firing properly. We have tried a couple of ammunition variations but to no avail. What happens is that the round will chamber properly, but not fire. After the round is ejected, inspection reveals that there is a fairly good strike mark on the shell, but no bang. Does anyone have a .25 cal Ortgies? If so, what kind of ammo are you firing and is the gun finicky?

Could be a weak firing pin spring. If the gun even has one, I don't know the first thing about these types. [thinking] JuergenG posts info on old pistols like that in the gallery and milsurps section. If he doesn't chime in here, send him a PM and ask him.

Thank you gentlemen. I have ordered a new firing pin, firing pin spring and recoil spring. I figure it's a small investment to see if I can fix the problem. The Ortgies is a well crafted little pistol and it will be fun to shoot I'm sure. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Just to let you all know how Dad and I made out, the Ortgies fires well now. We replaced all of the springs and it shoots like a champ. It's a bit small to get used to after having been firing a Glock 22 for a while, but its definitely fun (and perhaps heavier than my full size Glock!)

Just to let you all know how Dad and I made out, the Ortgies fires well now. We replaced all of the springs and it shoots like a champ. It's a bit small to get used to after having been firing a Glock 22 for a while, but its definitely fun (and perhaps heavier than my full size Glock!)
Score another one for the NES community.
yeah.gif
Way to go, Bugs100.

Back
Top Bottom