CZ PCR problem?

Would appreciate help from any CZ experts.

Was shooting the PCR today and noticed the decock lever was loose (up/down play) and sitting lower (pic 1) with the hammer at half cock.
20240420_204928.jpg

Decock lever also needed to be pressed a lot lower before it would decock the hammer (pic 2).
20240420_204858.jpg

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance

Okay first u need to clean it 😁 looking at your pic and the one below look to the rt of the blue circle there’s a silver spring (I believe that’s the sear cage) looking at the silver spring there are coils on the left a groove and coils on the right on the first coil after the groove on the rt the black piece is a spring leg that doesn’t belong there looking at the pic below that spring leg belongs in the groove in the middle of the silver spring, CLEAN the gun so u can really see things and focus on that area it could be spring or pin issue. Also watch a video on decocker assembly/ disassembly so you can check the part positions that u can see with out a full disassembly hope this makes some sense and helps

If your gun isn't done up I'd use this as an excuse to try to get it Cajunized.... you could kill 5 birds with one stone.
This for sure. I’ve got 4 cajunized CZs and it’s well worth it.

Having said that, I’ve never taken one apart beyond basic field strip and I should become more familiar with the internals in case stuff breaks especially when you shoot a lot

Sorry I can’t help

This for sure. I’ve got 4 cajunized CZs and it’s well worth it.

Having said that, I’ve never taken one apart beyond basic field strip and I should become more familiar with the internals in case stuff breaks especially when you shoot a lot

Sorry I can’t help

Gotta love NES!
Problem is likely a $4 pin or spring that needs to be replaced-NES solution is spend $500 to upgrade gun :cool:

A little late but compared to mine, everything is out of place on yours. IF you are skilled, you can take the decocker out and see what is going on. Everything in the sear cage will pop out once you remove the punch that is used to push out the decocker. It's not an extremely hard job to do, done it quite a few times fitting new hammers.

Would appreciate help from any CZ experts.

Was shooting the PCR today and noticed the decock lever was loose (up/down play) and sitting lower (pic 1) with the hammer at half cock.
View attachment 874614

Decock lever also needed to be pressed a lot lower before it would decock the hammer (pic 2).
View attachment 874616

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance
Our gunsmith is VERY familiar with working on CZs and often stocks various CGW parts too. Stop by and have him take a look

DeanSafety - Google Search for hours

A little late but compared to mine, everything is out of place on yours. IF you are skilled, you can take the decocker out and see what is going on. Everything in the sear cage will pop out once you remove the punch that is used to push out the decocker. It's not an extremely hard job to do, done it quite a few times fitting new hammers.
Funny thing is I didn't drop it or use it as a hammer. It definitely has several thousand rounds to it. "Just broke" while I was shooting it

See you soon
Ill Be There Smokey Robinson GIF by The Ed Sullivan Show

Okay first u need to clean it 😁 looking at your pic and the one below look to the rt of the blue circle there’s a silver spring (I believe that’s the sear cage) looking at the silver spring there are coils on the left a groove and coils on the right on the first coil after the groove on the rt the black piece is a spring leg that doesn’t belong there looking at the pic below that spring leg belongs in the groove in the middle of the silver spring, CLEAN the gun so u can really see things and focus on that area it could be spring or pin issue. Also watch a video on decocker assembly/ disassembly so you can check the part positions that u can see with out a full disassembly hope this makes some sense and helps
I'm thinking about running hot water/degreaser through my guns. Especially the trigger mechanisms. The occasional hoppes/ballistol wipe with paper towel/q tip isn't passing the macro photo test!

That cage is a PITA to work on but if you follow the online vids and have some ok skills you can fix it. I had the whole thing apart and managed to get it back together. Had a similar problem to what you’re having although in my case it was purely my error in putting one of the springs back. I had it slightly out of position. That cage is the only thing that sucks about the CZ decockers.

Back
Top Bottom