CZ-75B Omega - trigger travel/take-up

I've got a new 75B Omega - currently in decocker configuration. The trigger feels way out there and has a lot of take-up. Doing a little research this might be solved with a new trigger from Cajun, etc. - will doing a trigger swap with something like the "old style" trigger help with this?

Also, replacing springs while it's apart might be considered as well. Overall I'm happy with the pull and reset but open to smart mods while I'm in there.

Thanks for the input.

CGW Old Style trigger with reduced power trigger return spring - PITA to install but worth it
M*Carbo SS guide rod and extra power recoil spring

Hoping to find a Kadet for it - or a compact version of it - whatever comes first

I did similar work on a p07 and fixing the take-up and reset was the one of the easier things to fix.

Looking through the Cajun Gun Works website there are some similar parts that they had for the p07.

Oh, I just realized they are both omega series so they basically use the same parts. If you can afford it, the pro package offers almost every upgrade Omega Kit

I would at the least put in this Omega Series Complete Upgrade Spring Kit and this Short Reset Kit for P-07 / P-09 & Omega

Then if you wanted to get some spare parts to have on hand one of these Reduced Power Trigger Return Spring and one of these 61100 Firing Pin Retaining Pin since they are most likely to break first from dry fire and such.

I definitely reccomend the short reset kit and then the upgrade spring kit as mandatory at first. You can buy the rest of the omega kit piece meal. There might be some polishing work too to do. In my experience swapping parts out was the biggest upgrade. And then a shit ton of dry fire has been more helpful than polishing to me .

Thanks caligula - I didn't go nuts, I just wanted to improve the trigger reach and take out the slop. The trigger return spring might have helped alone but the geometry of the Old Style trigger is much better to me. The guide rod just made sense and so did the spring. I may for the full kit but really I want to get some rounds through it before I go too far - the $100 in parts, shipped, made sense to me. A compact version is probably in my future too...

Back
Top Bottom