• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

options for a 22lr

I have a Marlin 795 rifle and a Colt .22 (aka Cadet) pistol. And I just got a MP15-22 yesterday just for the fun of it!!
I would recomend semi-auto, for the fun factor. A bolt action may be a good start for safety, but she may get hungry for the faster shots!
Since this is for the both of you (right?!) go for the MP15-22 then check out http://appleseedinfo.org/ for some history and marksmanship

What about something like this?

images

Henry .22 MSRP $340 Retail probably less.

My sister liked the 15-22. It was the first rifle she'd ever fired. Plus the transition to a "real" AR is very easy once she warms up to it.

ETA: Make sure it's something you can suppress. Why? Because 'Merika.

I can't say enough good things about my SR22. Eats everything, and fun to shoot.

For longer options, I like the 10/22, while my kids are partial to the 15-22. They are different beasts, but you can't go wrong with either.

Another vote for Ruger SR22 pistol - it digests it all and you can change out the grip sleeve to an thinner one.

.22 rifle - you can beat the Marlin model 60 OR 795 (just like the 60 tube feeder, but has 10 rd magazine). Bolt stays open on both on last shot. :) They shoot std velocity stuff fine, not need for the high velocity stuff. Stock out of the box, Marlins rule! If you want a bolt, Marlin makes them as well, Savage and the CZ are super accurate for reasonable $$. (my next .22 LR rifle will be a LEFTY CZ).

Back
Top Bottom