• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Optic on a Sub2000?

JayMcB

NES Member
Assachusetts when necessary. NH when possible
Has anyone here in the NES brain trust mounted an optic on a Sub2000? 9MM

The (plastic) irons aren't doing it for me.

Also, besides the recoil pad, has anyone bought an upgrade that they considered a good add?

School me on Sub2000's, NES Brain Trust.....

I don't have an optic on mine, but I do have the quad rail fore end (gen 1), so if I was feeling the need, I could slap on either a micro dot, or Eothech, with quick release mounts so it could still fold. Any permanent mount optic would make it not able to fold which would defeat the whole purpose of this gun inmo. Obviously Red Lion makes those rotating fore ends, but to me they are too bulky once you add an optic, especially since the optic then hangs off the side when it's folded. I look at the Sub2k as a concealable backpack, or truck rifle so anything that adds bulk is a non starter for me. If you want/need an optic though, I'd just get a PA micro on a QR mount and call it a day.[wink]

Edit to add: I see you didn't mention what gen you have. If it's a gen 1, you will have to get a quad, or some other method of rail attachment, but the new gen 2 has that nice fore end with the ability to attach rails, so that would be easy. I may end up selling my quad and getting a gen 2 fore end just because it's way lighter, and I don't utilize all the rail space anyway. I just got it as a cool accessory when I first got the gun and didn't have many rifles to hang crap on at the time.[rolleyes]

Last edited:
I don't have an optic on mine, but I do have the quad rail fore end (gen 1), so if I was feeling the need, I could slap on either a micro dot, or Eothech, with quick release mounts so it could still fold. Any permanent mount optic would make it not able to fold which would defeat the whole purpose of this gun inmo. Obviously Red Lion makes those rotating fore ends, but to me they are too bulky once you add an optic, especially since the optic then hangs off the side when it's folded. I look at the Sub2k as a concealable backpack, or truck rifle so anything that adds bulk is a non starter for me. If you want/need an optic though, I'd just get a PA micro on a QR mount and call it a day.[wink]

Edit to add: I see you didn't mention what gen you have. If it's a gen 1, you will have to get a quad, or some other method of rail attachment, but the new gen 2 has that nice fore end with the ability to attach rails, so that would be easy. I may end up selling my quad and getting a gen 2 fore end just because it's way lighter, and I don't utilize all the rail space anyway. I just got it as a cool accessory when I first got the gun and didn't have many rifles to hang crap on at the time.[rolleyes]

It's a Gen 2. I can drive tack with it at 50 feet, and stay on paper at 50 yards.....much past that and I'm aiming at a blurry white blob. Sucks to have bad distance vision and astigmatism.

It's a Gen 2. I can drive tack with it at 50 feet, and stay on paper at 50 yards.....much past that and I'm aiming at a blurry white blob. Sucks to have bad distance vision and astigmatism.

I hear you! I'm in that boat myself these days with eyesight issues. I have optics on most of my rifles now for that very reason, but not the Sub2k, just because I don't shoot long distance with it, and consider it more like a go-bag type of gun where it would be better than a handgun. Since you have the gen 2 though, I'd definitely check out Primary Arms for one of their micros with a QR mount that way you will have the option to slap the optic on if you need/want, but still have the folding feature intact. Does the gen 2 come with the rail sections, or do you have to order them from KT separately?

Back
Top Bottom