• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Open carry sighting

This past week I was out to eat at popular eatery/bar in Cambridge/Somerville area and one of the chefs came out of the kitchen to deliver a hot dish to the table next to mine. He was rocking a SW J frame open in a cross draw holster. Not a single **** was given by anyone. I was impressed by A) his balls and B) that no one felt their safe space violated and got a SWAT team called. Maybe a sign of common sense in this state?

qUOPZSH.png

uiqDl8p.png

the zombies were too focused on their food and phones to see most likely. I do support OC, not that I would do it but 'lazy carry' OWB with a shirt is what I like doing weather permitting. Nothing better than my home-made kydex 1911 holster. That 6" barrel sticks below any shirt (except Bruins jerseys) I own so its a jacket only option.

Can we have a dedicated open carry thread? Consolidate the weekly OC stories in one place [laugh]

When a gun owner on a gun forum simply sees someone carrying a gun and thinks enough of that simple act to start a thread on it, we clearly have a long ways to go on the RTKBA.

This past week I was out to eat at popular eatery/bar in Cambridge/Somerville area and one of the chefs came out of the kitchen to deliver a hot dish to the table next to mine. He was rocking a SW J frame open in a cross draw holster. Not a single **** was given by anyone. I was impressed by A) his balls and B) that no one felt their safe space violated and got a SWAT team called. Maybe a sign of common sense in this state?

Unbelievable.....

Thanks.....

Last edited:
I believe it. I've seen this several times in Boston recently. The dudes looked confident and like they were doing exactly what their license explicitly allows them to do.

When a gun owner on a gun forum simply sees someone carrying a gun and thinks enough of that simple act to start a thread on it, we clearly have a long ways to go on the RTKBA.

Reminds me of the time some DEC employee breathlessly posted a note in the RAILROAD notes file about seeing a freight train in the Greater Maynard Area. A guy from Colorado Springs replied with "if I ran to RAILROAD Notes every time I saw a freight train around here, I'd never get any work done".

Outcome: all the Massachusetts guys were really jealous of the Colorado trainspotter.

This is because the chef is not food because he MAKES the food. [rofl]

Think about it, what purpose does pissing the chef off serve? If he gets harassed by the cops you're not eating. Not to mention he can probably spit on your food and get away with it, too. Even most moonbats know that ****ing with the people who make your food is probably a bad idea.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom